SPAM, Trust Levels and topic "clean up"

mjensen415

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very welcoming news. I have to restrain myself when I see duplicate posts of past topics along with old topics being revived. Not only that, but topics suggesting questionable advise for getting sells. Hopefully this improves navigation as finding relevant search results is difficult when the majority that surface are spam. Looking forward to the update.

3 hours ago, mjensen415 said:

Hi Everyone.  I’ve heard your feedback. 

We are in a constant state of what the purpose of the forum is. Recently, there has been an influx of comments and posts that make it very difficult to have meaningful conversations. This is partially due to the migration to the new platform. 

The survey everyone took a few months ago showed me some great feedback about what you’d like to use this platform for. Let's get back to that. 

In the previous forum, we had a system that I’ll call “trust levels”.  These allowed users who had hit certain and specific milestones to unlock new features and posting limits.  The more quality posts and interactions, the more trust you gained. 

Over the next day, I will be adding in these systems again.  As such, a lot of you will see significant reductions in the amount of comments you can post in a given time frame. These levels will NOT affect your ability to leave reactions or read conversations. So please, think before you comment and make sure that you're adding value to the conversation.

Level actions to move up and down include but are not limited to: 
Reputation level, activity, quality of posts, age of account, flags.

Some features that can be unlocked when jumping to a new level:
Post amount per day, new areas to have conversations, creation of polls, profile editing 

I am not going to publish the specifics about the triggers or levels, since there are some actors out there who want to “game” the system. That’s not the point of this forum or system.  If you’re an active, productive, helpful member of this community, you will find no issues or changes to your daily interactions here. 

In addition to these user level changes, you will see some significant changes to the topic and conversation forums. These changes will likely be implemented early next week. 

As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway. 

I'm going to leave the comments open below, feel free to leave questions or comments here. I’m also available via PM. 

Thank you for reading! 

-MJ

Many thanks, many thanks, many thanks! for sharing💖

Thank you for listening to us! We've been a bunch of complaining "old-timers", I know, but you have stuck with and listened to our feedback. When I reached out to you about this, many of us felt like the forum was on the brink of death. Several of us have spent less time on the forum because of the low-quality content and meaningless posts. 

This will make a huge difference. Thank you, Matt @mjensen415!

3 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Bravo! Bravo!  👏    👏  👏 💐

⬆️ This needs to be said in BIG letters, because I think that many who participate in the FF do so merely to gain gig rank! 🙄

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. As there some seller come to forum only give reactions. Some times i surprise to see the reaction when there is nothing to react. They only come forum everyday to react by serial number comments & leave forum. Is this ever help him to rank the gig? If not so why they did this constantly?  

9 hours ago, mjensen415 said:

a lot of you will see significant reductions in the amount of comments you can post in a given time frame.

Oh well, not that I really want to but I’ll be the Debby Downer again. 
We already saw here a lot of “thank you” posts for the coming changes  so that’s great. But it still feels like a half measure.

All forum problems can be solved with more “hand holding” moderation but for some reason it’s not done even if we have 3 paid mods now. 

That thing with limiting posts in my view is not going to solve a problem, it will just add to it. There are always new sellers or even buyers who are new and needs help.

As we all remember because of the limit of the posts in the last forum we had a situation were new users had to edit continuously their original post to reply on all new messages because they had limit of posts. 
That was inconvenient, those topics were a mess because those genuine users couldn’t  communicate to solve their problems. 

6 hours ago, brave_designer said:

I absolutely agree with you. As there some seller come to forum only give reactions.

There are many who react without reading what is written in the posts. Since It is consistently doing almost all the posts. It may be their regular job. They think maybe it will help to get rank if they do it.

12 hours ago, mjensen415 said:

Post amount per day,

Sometimes, we get buyers who are new to the forum (or sellers, but it's buyers who end up in this situation far more often), they need urgent help, they try to explain their situation and answer when people ask them additional questions...and then they discover, pretty fast, that they've reached the allowed amount of posts per day for a brand new user.

Is there a way to let new users genuinely in need of help to post what they need to post, while limiting spam at the same time?

@mjensen415 How about involving more ai / deep learning to get forum “under control”?

For example, posts similar to “Thank you.”, Thank you very much.”,.... could be instantly filtered, not published at all, alerted to use emoji instead.

Another example, repeated similar responses would not be published. Again, alert to use emoji instead.

Not even mentioning that ai might help to filter much more complex stuff.

2 minutes ago, blavaro said:

@mjensen415 How about involving more ai / deep learning to get forum “under control”?

For example, posts similar to “Thank you.”, Thank you very much.”,.... could be instantly filtered, not published at all, alerted to use emoji instead.

Another example, repeated similar responses would not be published. Again, alert to use emoji instead.

Not even mentioning that ai might help to filter much more complex stuff.

yes, this is really coming and posting over and over and extreme.

need to find the alternative automatically..

Thanks for rising the issue.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:19 AM, disha_nauar said:

Finally I can see the comment section with no bot replies or spams! This step was really necessary. THANKS A BUNCH!

Where? I have not noticed a difference and now it is 4 days later. Even in this thread about 🤖posts there are spam posts. It is sad. 

12 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

So you remember the glory of the former Fiverr Forum? What did you like best about it. I liked that the shepards of the FF removed posts that broke the rules quickly. 

... and my least favourite bit was the way strong female voices were targetted and removed ...

Archived