Upcoming Changes to Forum Ranks and Badges

Kesha

I believe there must have a solid contribution. Only react, thank you, congratulations won't be effective.

How about if you make rules like there must be a solid post or comment with certain words count or sentence count. Because anyone can achieve points by just saying thank you, congratulations etc. 

Better way, you can set some character or word limit for posting to get the point. Also there must be some rules for spamming behaviour.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 25
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Kesha - Will there be any changes to the post limit (and will private messages continue to count towards the post limit)? I know several regulars on the forum who still have their 5-post-a-day limit. Some of these regulars have been on the forum for years now. Is there any way for this post limit to be removed for these users?

It would also be nice for the private messages not to count towards the post limit. If we do limit the private messages, it can have its own daily limit.

• Like 28

13 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @Kesha - Will there be any changes to the post limit (and will private messages continue to count towards the post limit)? I know several regulars on the forum who still have their 5-post-a-day limit. Some of these regulars have been on the forum for years now. Is there any way for this post limit to be removed for these users?

It would also be nice for the private messages not to count towards the post limit. If we do limit the private messages, it can have its own daily limit.

This is the best idea sure. I think there should not have any post limit. May be they can limit the word or character limit or award less point. But still post is effective than react.

• Like 19

On 1/22/2024 at 4:15 AM, vickieito said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We just upped the limit to 10 posts. Plus, we will continue to explore more ways to have a generous posting limit, while also minimizing spam. 

• Like 23
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Great @Kesha Thanks.

I have another suggestion. In Fiverr some categories have different gig showing. Like writing in the first and image at the last. That type of gig really not charming at all. There also not possible to see how many order pending.

Will these update stay longer or that type of gig will change to previous gig display.

• Like 15

6 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Is it considered spam when a user continually posts one or two emojis without saying anything? 

Yes. That's why it isn't the best idea to give everyone this: ⬇️

On 1/23/2024 at 7:00 AM, Kesha said:

We just upped the limit to 10 posts.

I was only mentioning regulars on the forum who proved that they were valuable contributors to the forum:

On 1/21/2024 at 11:15 PM, vickieito said:

I know several regulars on the forum who still have their 5-post-a-day limit. Some of these regulars have been on the forum for years now. Is there any way for this post limit to be removed for these users?

I wouldn't mind if new users were limited to 3-posts a day for two weeks, 5-posts a day for 3 months, 10-post-a-day after 6 months, and unlimited after a year (and only if they are in good standing on the forum without any warnings, or very few warnings).

• Like 16
  • Up 4

14 hours ago, webcut said:

Great @Kesha Thanks.

I have another suggestion. In Fiverr some categories have different gig showing. Like writing in the first and image at the last. That type of gig really not charming at all. There also not possible to see how many order pending.

Will these update stay longer or that type of gig will change to previous gig display.

Hi! I would love to answer your question but will need a better idea of what you are referring to. Feel free to send me a message with a screenshot of your issue. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 4:02 AM, webcut said:

I believe there must have a solid contribution. Only react, thank you, congratulations won't be effective.

How about if you make rules like there must be a solid post or comment with certain words count or sentence count. Because anyone can achieve points by just saying thank you, congratulations etc. 

Better way, you can set some character or word limit for posting to get the point. Also there must be some rules for spamming behaviour.

Thanks 🙂

I think so, as you have described in your post. Not only thanks, like emojis and congratulations can be effective but also you should write  . If anyone writes their own opinions into quotes, it can be very beneficial for their forum contribution. Thanks a lot for your valuable articles.

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...