Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

I guess I wasn’t clear when I made my last statement. Finishing the work in a day and waiting 4 days to deliver would be a shitty practice in my opinion.

I never let the report sit for more than a day. We often do this in creative fields because you might perceive things differently after a good night sleep.

Let’s just say I was never in a hurry to deliver. I took my time because I had an agreement with my clients. And I always delivered in the timeframe we agreed on.

There’s another reason why I did this. I delivered asap when I started selling on the platform. What happened was I got a few clients that came to me because I was recommended to them by their friends (my former clients). I sent them a custom offer with a 4-day delivery. They then started negotiating for shorter turnarounds because I delivered the same kind of work to their friends in a day or two.

It’s just easier to always deliver on the last day. This way all my clients get the same treatment.

I understand what your saying and I completely changed the way I approach my clients in the last days. Part of the reason is this post.

But it’s easy for me to deliver fast as I don’t have many orders now.

There’s a good Youtube video from a top rated seller that goes through this exact topic. He also said that he always delivers on the last day.

I don’t think that’s wrong because this way, all my clients get the same treatment, regardless of how many orders I have in the queue.

I never let the report sit for more than a day. We often do this in creative fields because you might perceive things differently after a good night sleep.

that is completely different and totally understandable.

thank you for the clarification!

I also noted that back in my early days, delivering super-fast made the client feel a bit awkward. (did Frank rush this? Did I get sloppy work? Was it so easy for them to make, if so why did I pay X?)

• Like 29

Thank you for your input @silver_seo but while you are free to disagree with any of my research, I will personally take the two Fiverr employees’ word over your wife and two friends. (not to mention my own findings)

I have had 2 separate sources from Fiverr make the same claim about how search results work.

Oh, and logging off and using incognito, is precisely what my research showed won’t work.

So I don’t know what else to tell you.

All search engines are moving towards personalization and dynamic results. This also includes Google. There are no more global rankings.

I don’t think this should even be a question. Fiverr is giving us dynamic results.

But it’s also not entirely true to say that there are no more rankings. Rankings aren’t what they traditionally were, but some sellers still appear in different dynamic results more often than others.

• Like 28

All search engines are moving towards personalization and dynamic results. This also includes Google. There are no more global rankings.

I don’t think this should even be a question. Fiverr is giving us dynamic results.

But it’s also not entirely true to say that there are no more rankings. Rankings aren’t what they traditionally were, but some sellers still appear in different dynamic results more often than others.

Yes, once again, I admit I oversimplified things.

I made a bold statement, about the fact that there are “no more rankings” simply because of people who post on a daily basis about “them losing their rankings”.

They always talk about pages, and positions, and how they search their gigs and don’t find them where “they think they should be”.

So I do understand my statement is not completely true, but I needed something bold that would shake the current POV a little bit.

• Like 30

Well if Fiverr is a side gig for you, and you are busy with your full-time job, how do you expect to gain more traction on the platform if what you are doing is literally the bare minimum?

This is a legitimate question as I have read all your replies and it seems like you are not really paying attention to what the original post was about.

A TL:DR would read like this: your performance as a seller will now determine how often the system serves your gigs to buyers.

Rankings are no more.

When you search for your gigs, what you are seeing is most often not accurate.

There are a lot of people that have been on Fiverr as a side business. But if you have figured out the system then that is great. Kudos to you. I have been offered a very good deal and I am taking it. I will keep my profile on here and still answer any buyers. It does make it hard when you can’t do it full time, but that is part of life. What you have to do and what time you have left to do the rest. We all cannot stop what we are forced to do to live and be on here 24/7. Glad that you could.

• Like 28

There are a lot of people that have been on Fiverr as a side business. But if you have figured out the system then that is great. Kudos to you. I have been offered a very good deal and I am taking it. I will keep my profile on here and still answer any buyers. It does make it hard when you can’t do it full time, but that is part of life. What you have to do and what time you have left to do the rest. We all cannot stop what we are forced to do to live and be on here 24/7. Glad that you could.

No one said that what you were doing is somehow wrong, and what I am doing is great.

I read all your replies carefully, and they all seemed to be complaints about positioning and getting more/better clientele.

To which I asked the question of how do you expect the website to invest in your profile, when you are not investing in the platform.

I think it’s great if you have a steady full-time job and you can still get the occasional gig on here.

I never critiqued what you were doing.

• Like 33

Sneakiness aside, the exit survey asks some very important questions.

One of them is: “will you be using what “X” delivered?”

Sometimes the buyer was not 100% happy, or hired 3 sellers to see which one would work out, or maybe the project got cancelled…

So if they respond to that question with a simple “no”, then immediately the exit survey is going to negatively affect your buyer satisfaction metric.

“will you be using what “X” delivered?”

Yea, that’s super important and it’s great that you’ve mentioned it. I believe, that every seller should also try becoming a buyer once in a while to understand what’s on the other side of this world. I recently hired and was amazed when I got the exit survey. Gives you loads of insights on what’s going beyond the obvious “delivery completed and 5 stars”

• Like 28

About conversion rate, the system can detect if you sent or not an offer in the chat? Because is common that we receive one message from a new user and this user disappear… if we don’t get more answers with them this affect the conversion rate?

• Like 25

No one said that what you were doing is somehow wrong, and what I am doing is great.

I read all your replies carefully, and they all seemed to be complaints about positioning and getting more/better clientele.

To which I asked the question of how do you expect the website to invest in your profile, when you are not investing in the platform.

I think it’s great if you have a steady full-time job and you can still get the occasional gig on here.

I never critiqued what you were doing.

I don’t want to belabor the point. I have invested in this platform. I have put in almost 10 replies to buyers requests every day. Some days not anywhere near as many. I could not afford to put my profile on pay to play sites. Simple fact. When I can, I buy the classes that Fiverr offers. You asked for facts and I am going to give you one. You can choose to believe it or not. I was told to get on Fiverr and eventually I would be able to quit my job and do this full time. I do not see that in the near future. I actually tried to get on Fiverr in July of 2018. When I first put my profile on the site, then the very next day it was gone. All information was deleted. I did this I know at least 40 times or more. I asked the people at Fiverr if there was something wrong with their site. They kept telling me every day that it was on my end. There was nothing wrong on their end. This was a lie. My profile was deleted probably 40 times or more. This actually happened to me. I got an IT Tech to check my computer, which cost me quite a bit of money. He told me that there was nothing wrong with my computer or my internet connection. This is fact. It happened to me on here. I waited a year and tried again. This time they let me on. I don’t know what was wrong with their platform at that time, but it would not let me on. I guess I should have taken a hint. This is poor treatment. If they were not letting anymore people on at that time, they should have told me so. This is not a complaint; this is fact, but you call it the way you want to. I wonder how many people have gone through this besides me. There are a lot of people that built their business from being on here part time. I think the terms have changed for Fiverr. I don’t think they want part timers anymore. Also I have put my gig on social media and tried to promote Fiverr in that way. I have been on here every day for almost two years and I mean every day. So please do not criticize what I am doing because I can’t be on here all the time. There have been unfair circumstances and you do not want to admit that. I know this to be true because the people at Fiverr would not admit there was a problem. Maybe they were having a problem with their software or too many trying to get on here at the same time. I don’t know, but they are not very considerate about telling the truth. If you want to see the messages that I got from them, then I can provide them for proof. Thank you, and have a great year.

• Like 26

I agree with you and it is true that some people have better rankings than others. I have had people tell me if you are on the first page, then you are just about guaranteed to get plenty of buyers. Their sales seem to prove that.

• Like 27

I don’t want to belabor the point. I have invested in this platform. I have put in almost 10 replies to buyers requests every day. Some days not anywhere near as many. I could not afford to put my profile on pay to play sites. Simple fact. When I can, I buy the classes that Fiverr offers. You asked for facts and I am going to give you one. You can choose to believe it or not. I was told to get on Fiverr and eventually I would be able to quit my job and do this full time. I do not see that in the near future. I actually tried to get on Fiverr in July of 2018. When I first put my profile on the site, then the very next day it was gone. All information was deleted. I did this I know at least 40 times or more. I asked the people at Fiverr if there was something wrong with their site. They kept telling me every day that it was on my end. There was nothing wrong on their end. This was a lie. My profile was deleted probably 40 times or more. This actually happened to me. I got an IT Tech to check my computer, which cost me quite a bit of money. He told me that there was nothing wrong with my computer or my internet connection. This is fact. It happened to me on here. I waited a year and tried again. This time they let me on. I don’t know what was wrong with their platform at that time, but it would not let me on. I guess I should have taken a hint. This is poor treatment. If they were not letting anymore people on at that time, they should have told me so. This is not a complaint; this is fact, but you call it the way you want to. I wonder how many people have gone through this besides me. There are a lot of people that built their business from being on here part time. I think the terms have changed for Fiverr. I don’t think they want part timers anymore. Also I have put my gig on social media and tried to promote Fiverr in that way. I have been on here every day for almost two years and I mean every day. So please do not criticize what I am doing because I can’t be on here all the time. There have been unfair circumstances and you do not want to admit that. I know this to be true because the people at Fiverr would not admit there was a problem. Maybe they were having a problem with their software or too many trying to get on here at the same time. I don’t know, but they are not very considerate about telling the truth. If you want to see the messages that I got from them, then I can provide them for proof. Thank you, and have a great year.

I didn’t criticize you.

I said that on my previous reply.

Congrats on all your hard work and best of luck on all your future endeavors both on and off the platform.

• Like 27

Retuning buyers paying bigger bucks is what does it, in my experience. I started the month with 4 bulk orders for the regulars and got to my entire February earnings by March 10th. Around that time, I started to get bombarded with inquiries from V.I.P.s and Fiverr Business accounts. Like, 2016/Level 2 bombarded.

I declined to take maybe 40% of those, extended the delivery time from 4 to 5 days just to be able to manage the workflow. Then got a 3.7 rating. Then got someone pretty rude and who knows what their hidden feedback was. Didn’t seem to slow things down.

I’d continue riding the wave and see where it goes and how long can it last but unfortunately, I finally got hit with those pesky flu-like symptoms and had to lie down just in case. We’ll see if the vacation mode kills the mojo (I’m pessimistic about it).

• Like 38

Thank you for your input @silver_seo but while you are free to disagree with any of my research, I will personally take the two Fiverr employees’ word over your wife and two friends. (not to mention my own findings)

I have had 2 separate sources from Fiverr make the same claim about how search results work.

Oh, and logging off and using incognito, is precisely what my research showed won’t work.

So I don’t know what else to tell you.

So, search for backlinks on search and show me your results, I am completely sure that the top results Will be the same as Mine attached

Screenshot_20210323-221142.thumb.jpg.136b825b4e1a77dcf58dd3278a6669d0.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-2211421080×2160 296 KB
  • Like 24

I just did a search for backlinks. None of those were in my top results. None even appeared on the first page. :thinking:

I just did a search for back links. None of those were in my top results. None even appeared on the first page. :thinking:

On mine, they do. :thinking: Although in a slightly different position than @silver_seo gets.

1.thumb.jpg.de1ea217c341bbbe2676c9099fe23609.jpg
11712×872 314 KB
  • Like 26

I just did a search for backlinks. None of those were in my top results. None even appeared on the first page. :thinking:

It is because you searched as two words “back links” search as one word: “backlinks” and you will see the same results. It is still fiverr 2.0

• Like 28

Same results for everyone. The theory of fiverr 3.0 seems wrong, at least for the search…

Same results for everyone

No, they’re not. You can clearly see that the position of the gigs keeps shifting. Fiverr does still shuffle gigs around and shows different results for different keywords.

From my understanding of Frank’s post, the AI automatically detects your performance and chooses different keywords to present different sellers.

Honestly, the best thing anyone can do now is to keep trying their best - that’s it.

• Like 30

No, they’re not. You can clearly see that the position of the gigs keeps shifting. Fiverr does still shuffle gigs around and shows different results for different keywords.

From my understanding of Frank’s post, the AI automatically detects your performance and chooses different keywords to present different sellers.

Honestly, the best thing anyone can do now is to keep trying their best - that’s it.

Well, I see the green gig titled Dofollow comes up in 4 go our searches.

Hello, @ssj1236, maybe the search has to do with buyer levels according to some AI formula?

I am sorry to hear about your recent downturn. ⤵️

• Like 26

Well, I see the green gig titled Dofollow comes up in 4 go our searches.

Hello, @ssj1236, maybe the search has to do with buyer levels according to some AI formula?

Hey @vickiespencer, it’s great to talk to you again. From what I can tell, your Country and the time of the month play a role as well. The AI taking into account the buyer levels would also explain the implementation of the V.I.D buyers :thinking:

Don’t worry about it. Hopefully, I should be able to bounce back soon enough. I’m still plenty busy because of returning clients so I can’t complain. But I do wonder how the TRS lifestyle is suiting you and again, congratulations :hugs: I just saw the post.

• Like 26

Just check the screenshots from everyone here, exact same sellers on First page.

• Like 27