Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

Just check the screenshots from everyone here, exact same sellers on First page.

I have gotten a lot of VID and Business buyers since I got the TRS badge. :thinking:

Just check the screenshots from everyone here, exact same sellers on First page.

But what I can see my results are different from most of the other searches here.

This is under relevance when I search incognito mode and not signed into the Fiverr Platform/

1764388778_ScreenShot2021-03-23at9_01_16PM.thumb.jpg.97b43e4915436cff97597ec0da45c174.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 9.01.16 PM2318×1368 636 KB
  • Like 28

I’m late to the party and I wasn’t sure if I should jump on it but fine, here are my 2 cents:

I did notice around November December that things changed a little bit and that algorithm was almost like predicting if I’m tired or if I have more resources to deliver more orders.

It seems to be very responsive nowadays to even slightest changes in your behaviour which I really like.
I noticed that if I deliver 2-3 orders even just a day earlier I immediately get a lot of impressions and a lot of new enquiries in my inbox or orders almost right away
If my orders got accepted without revisions then it has similar effect
However if I do have orders stuck in revisions then I start noticing that I don’t receive so many new inquiries anymore.
I didn’t see any difference with notifications “your buyer is awaiting your reply for x hours”. Because sometimes they are just the last ones to leave a message and it will be ridiculous if we will go “thank you, no thank you, ok prefect, sure great” until I’m the last one to leave the message

I do like that this algo seems a bit more flexible because if I’m overwhelmed something falls through cracks and messages are replied a bit later than usually or it takes a bit longer (but within the timeline) to deliver orders then algo reads it like “seller is busy don’t throw more work their way”. And if you do deliver early and reply fast it seems like “that person has enough resource and time to deliver everything, they are still outperforming, give them more work”.

With old algorithm it seemed that you make one mistake and everything goes to hell for a couple of months. Now it doesn’t seem to be so inflexible anymore.

Though I do think there is still “good old” gig rotation.

• Like 38

I’m late to the party and I wasn’t sure if I should jump on it but fine, here are my 2 cents:

I did notice around November December that things changed a little bit and that algorithm was almost like predicting if I’m tired or if I have more resources to deliver more orders.

It seems to be very responsive nowadays to even slightest changes in your behaviour which I really like.

I noticed that if I deliver 2-3 orders even just a day earlier I immediately get a lot of impressions and a lot of new enquiries in my inbox or orders almost right away

However if I do have orders stuck in revisions then I start noticing that I don’t receive so many new inquiries anymore.

I didn’t see any difference with notifications “your buyer is awaiting your reply for x hours”. Because sometimes they are just the last ones to leave a message and it will be ridiculous if we will go “thank you, no thank you, ok prefect, sure great” until I’m the last one to leave the message

I do like that this algo seems a bit more flexible because if I’m overwhelmed something falls through cracks and messages are replied a bit later than usually or it takes a bit longer (but within the timeline) to deliver orders then algo reads it like “seller is busy don’t throw more work their way”. And if you do deliver early and reply fast it seems like “that person has enough resource and time to deliver everything, they are still outperforming, give them more work”.

With old algorithm it seemed that you make one mistake and everything goes to hell for a couple of months. Now it doesn’t seem to be so inflexible anymore.

Exactly this. This seems to be spot on. The other day I got my first cancellation in months and the day after I only got like 12 clicks on my gig which is the lowest I’ve had - ever! Though impressions were still the same as always. I only started noticing these changes a week ago so maybe Fiverr just committed to the new algorithm completely.

• Like 29

Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-14-32-623_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5c0a81d8d1388ac1025df0081e835bfc.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-14-32-623_com.android.chrome1080×2400 270 KB

Morning today, Europe. Searched for “backlinks”

Same thing happens no matter what you search.

If you search “whiteboard” you get same results for years, slightly shuffled around the first page.

Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-42-593_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.6e7a5e8cec6e770445240aad5b30c00a.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-42-593_com.android.chrome1080×2400 263 KB
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-25-318_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.33bbb2fe28c078af0d2bb77f3a6fb2fd.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-25-318_com.android.chrome1080×2400 249 KB
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-14-044_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.dc9950e8acd298806f639cee9b9db570.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-14-044_com.android.chrome1080×2400 264 KB
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-01-107_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.97f92f8beb29e809022b4446e15664a8.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-24-08-18-01-107_com.android.chrome1080×2400 237 KB

I have been checking logo category and first page doesn’t change for years no matter where you log in. Incognito. Different computer. Different time zone.

• Like 31

It is because you searched as two words “back links” search as one word: “backlinks” and you will see the same results. It is still fiverr 2.0

You seem to be confusing “random” with “dynamic”.

I don’t see search results as static, when the top performing gigs appear all the way to the top, consistently.

That just tells me they are consistently overperforming other gigs.

You are looking for something that doesn’t exist to confirm your bias.

If you don’t get a completely new set of results each time you search, you will not change your mind about results being dynamic and based on the performance I analyzed in my OP.

That’s perfectly fine.

That would also make very little sense. Fiverr wants to make great matches.

If you search for “backlinks” and that same gig appears on top, then I assume it’s because that seller’s “buyer satisfaction rate” is through the roof when paired with that keyword.

I hope that explains it better.

I may be victim of confirmation bias myself, which is why sharing my findings with the community is a great way to poke holes in my theory.

I do have a question for you: are you an active seller or a buyer on this platform?

I can’t tell by your blank profile.

• Like 38

I saw pretty much the same as most people who posted screenshots. However, it was also my first time searching for backlinks, and I never clicked on or bought any. Probably the more intensive and often I’d search, especially after I’d already clicked some or even bought one, the more personalized my personal search results would get. I don’t think I get the same search results when I search for something I already “bought one of” that I’d get if it was a completely new search for me.

This ranking that people here usually mean when they talk about their ranking and being on position x and page y, might be relatively similar for users who are new and a blank page for Fiverr, and different for users who aren’t a blank page but start to search for something specific and new for them, and very different for users who search and buy the service in question already since a while, the better Fiverr knows what to show them.

At least, it makes no sense to not make it dynamic and try your best at matching if you have the option.

• Like 29

I saw pretty much the same as most people who posted screenshots. However, it was also my first time searching for backlinks, and I never clicked on or bought any. Probably the more intensive and often I’d search, especially after I’d already clicked some or even bought one, the more personalized my personal search results would get. I don’t think I get the same search results when I search for something I already “bought one of” that I’d get if it was a completely new search for me.

This ranking that people here usually mean when they talk about their ranking and being on position x and page y, might be relatively similar for users who are new and a blank page for Fiverr, and different for users who aren’t a blank page but start to search for something specific and new for them, and very different for users who search and buy the service in question already since a while, the better Fiverr knows what to show them.

At least, it makes no sense to not make it dynamic and try your best at matching if you have the option.

I performed the same search on my end, and the top 3 gigs I see on everyone’s screenshots were there on the first page.

Other than that, the rest were different.

I have never searched for this type of gig before, but I am a frequent buyer on Fiverr.

• Like 27

Many of the things mentioned in above posts aren’t mutually exclusive.

The “top 3 gigs on everyone’s screenshots on the first page” are probably owed to those gigs great performance, or the people who talk about gigs “glued” to their position, even despite the infamous “gig rotation” could also see that as confirmation of their glue theory, our results even change based on our perception, not just the facts, it’s pretty funny. Sometimes, when reading this kind of topic, I feel like checking over a long stretch of time to see and document what happens, but then, theorizing and other things seem like much more fun.
3.0 sounds good in any case, both the theory and the name, but my perception is also biased in favour of uneven numbers, so I can only hope that 4.0 will be short-lived, and am expecting great things from 5.0, obviously.

• Like 32

Thank you for writing this post and giving your much needed insights.
I have noticed a big drop in my most successful gig and it all started when I had a late delivery due to a buyer not responding to my messages.

I’ll use the constructive advice you’ve given but I’m feeling very pessimistic at the moment… Fiverr is becoming so frustrating.

• Like 26

I didn’t criticize you.

I said that on my previous reply.

Congrats on all your hard work and best of luck on all your future endeavors both on and off the platform.

Telling me if I am not on here more, when that is impossible right now is a criticism. Also there are gatekeepers here. So please do not insult our intelligence about that.

• Like 28

Telling me if I am not on here more, when that is impossible right now is a criticism. Also there are gatekeepers here. So please do not insult our intelligence about that.

I see.

Sorry you feel this way.

I will no longer engage if that’s OK with you, as it has become apparent you are here to find someone to point your finger at and not listen.

Have a good one!

• Like 35

I agree, but I believe that it’s a bit flawed. Such things should be checked for qualitative revisions. I have loads of instances, where a client would say “all good, just hitting the revision button because I wanna wait to hear from my team” or most recently " It’s lovely, just marking as revised because I have decided I want to add a new icon that we previously didn’t discuss"

This AI better get emotionally intelligent otherwise it’ll screw people for procedures rather than actual mistakes.

• Like 30

I agree, but I believe that it’s a bit flawed. Such things should be checked for qualitative revisions. I have loads of instances, where a client would say “all good, just hitting the revision button because I wanna wait to hear from my team” or most recently " It’s lovely, just marking as revised because I have decided I want to add a new icon that we previously didn’t discuss"

This AI better get emotionally intelligent otherwise it’ll screw people for procedures rather than actual mistakes.

Just hitting the revision button because I wanna wait to her from my team

Exactly.

There are some buyers that request revisions because they claim they don’t have enough time to view my work. I mean, come on. Can’t you find 5 minutes to view the delivery throughout 3 days?

• Like 29

Just hitting the revision button because I wanna wait to her from my team

Exactly.

There are some buyers that request revisions because they claim they don’t have enough time to view my work. I mean, come on. Can’t you find 5 minutes to view the delivery throughout 3 days?

I just had someone hit the “modification” button two days ago because they wanted to “ask their brother what they thought of the video”.

• Like 26

I just had someone hit the “modification” button two days ago because they wanted to “ask their brother what they thought of the video”.

It’s just crazy how people don’t understand how revisions work. “Oh, I got a question, let me hit a modification”. Sometimes I just feel like they do that on purpose thinking I would respond faster because it’s marked as “in revision”…

So overall, each of that revision would affect my Gig for no reason at all.

• Like 28

It’s just crazy how people don’t understand how revisions work. “Oh, I got a question, let me hit a modification”. Sometimes I just feel like they do that on purpose thinking I would respond faster because it’s marked as “in revision”…

So overall, each of that revision would affect my Gig for no reason at all.

Well it’s not 100% their fault.

Fiverr changed the design with intent.

The buyers are no longer asked “if they need a modification”.

The question now is “are you ready to accept the delivery?”

So technically they can press that button if they aren’t ready for whatever reason.

That new message, coupled with a disclaimer right underneath the “yes-no” buttons, that warns them that if they accept there’s no turning back, is the reason why there’s an uptick in “mindless” revision requests.

• Like 31

Well it’s not 100% their fault.

Fiverr changed the design with intent.

The buyers are no longer asked “if they need a modification”.

So technically they can press that button if they aren’t ready for whatever reason.

That new message, coupled with a disclaimer right underneath the “yes-no” buttons, that warns them that if they accept there’s no turning back, is the reason why there’s an uptick in “mindless” revision requests.

Thank you for clearing things up Frank. I don’t really buy here on Fiverr, so I was confused why some people ask for a revision without needing anything revised. This explains a lot to me.

• Like 30

12+ hours of in revision status damages the gig performance quite a bit. Sometimes I let buyers roam free and take their time to consult their therapist (seriously) or whatever else they need to do and the inquiries from new buyers dry up within a day or two.

I’ve received multiple revision requests starting with: “No, we are not ready to accept” recently. That explains it.

• Like 34

1133663793_Screenshot2021-03-25at00_19_19.png.16db20f70335263b1390c02f462ff669.png

For almost 3 years I had the gig at the top, with over 20k orders, since the changes were made it is impossible for it to reach at least page 3-4 due to the incomplete orders I have, every month I have 2-3 cancellations by buyers who have not completed the order, I have over 250 incomplete orders. Until a few days ago it was on page 4, after I had a cancellation, it reached page 10, I have in front of me sellers with 2-3 reviews with 4 *, without any level. In all these years I have come to the conclusion that not only one gig goes behind, it influences the whole profile. The good part is that I have a lot of returning customers. So I don’t think there is any option for me to return to the TOP, just to stay on a constant line to keep my completion rate.

• Like 31

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 00.19.19

For almost 3 years I had the gig at the top, with over 20k orders, since the changes were made it is impossible for it to reach at least page 3-4 due to the incomplete orders I have, every month I have 2-3 cancellations by buyers who have not completed the order, I have over 250 incomplete orders. Until a few days ago it was on page 4, after I had a cancellation, it reached page 10, I have in front of me sellers with 2-3 reviews with 4 *, without any level. In all these years I have come to the conclusion that not only one gig goes behind, it influences the whole profile. The good part is that I have a lot of returning customers. So I don’t think there is any option for me to return to the TOP, just to stay on a constant line to keep my completion rate.

So I don’t think there is any option for me to return to the TOP, just to stay on a constant line to keep my completion rate.

As Frank said in his initial post, there’s no more ranking. You’re up or down in search based on your performance. I do have around 15-20 of those inactive orders, and they don’t matter.

What you need to realize is that things changed. It’s not 2014 anymore, Fiverr studies everything, from reviews to response time, cancellations, secret reviews, all of these matter. Plus, you are in a VERY VERY VERY competitive niche, with hundreds of thousands of people. Fiverr tries to be fair with everyone, and that means they will allow others to show your skills. The same thing happens for me in the writing section. There are people with way less reviews or experience that are on the first page, while I am on page 9 for example.

• Like 30

So I don’t think there is any option for me to return to the TOP, just to stay on a constant line to keep my completion rate.

As Frank said in his initial post, there’s no more ranking. You’re up or down in search based on your performance. I do have around 15-20 of those inactive orders, and they don’t matter.

What you need to realize is that things changed. It’s not 2014 anymore, Fiverr studies everything, from reviews to response time, cancellations, secret reviews, all of these matter. Plus, you are in a VERY VERY VERY competitive niche, with hundreds of thousands of people. Fiverr tries to be fair with everyone, and that means they will allow others to show your skills. The same thing happens for me in the writing section. There are people with way less reviews or experience that are on the first page, while I am on page 9 for example.

As Frank said in his initial post, there’s no more ranking.

I don’t know if relevant but I’ve been getting lower impressions and clicks but MORE orders from new customers and the messages I do receive from potential buyers are mostly relevant to my gigs more so than before.

• Like 31

As Frank said in his initial post, there’s no more ranking.

I don’t know if relevant but I’ve been getting lower impressions and clicks but MORE orders from new customers and the messages I do receive from potential buyers are mostly relevant to my gigs more so than before.

The same thing is happening to me as well. They are targeting sellers based on their keywords and performance. I noticed every time I deliver multiple orders, I receive new inquiries/orders. If I am away and don’t really deliver any order during the day, then I barely receive any message or order. So performance does matter, just like reviews and other factors.

• Like 29

There is not any doubt in your observation. I think I have found the solution. Thank you so much!

Just like Frank said above, don’t take anything you see here for granted. These are all our personal observations. What works for me might not work for you and the other way around.

• Like 34

1.thumb.jpg.d4d55c98b4b530888d79c0e21bd19476.jpg
11063×764 115 KB

Annnd, yet another thing that might mess up rankings and access to the right gigs.

I see it’s only for Articles and Blog posts, but they are showing tags/writing genres. Is it just me, or people will think a writer can only cover those topics and that’s it? This was already a filter, not sure adding it will make things better. It will just lead to less sales for most people, if everyone thinks like me and they believe those are the only topics covered by the writer. Not sure if/when this will appear for other categories.

• Like 31