Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

I would say this posts sums up everything! Great Info and never brag too much about ranking because you are competing with thousands of sellers in your niche. So in short competition is tough.

People who wish to earn more and get ranked on first page always then search for niche which has sellers in juts 100’s and I guess hardly such exist.

Better focus on skill and in free time in which you don’t get order improve and learn more.

• Like 32

341284_2.png catwriter:

That’s what I started doing a while ago, and my gig is performing much better.

I’m the same. Even if I’m working on something I check the order on my phone and then go back to work. It solves a lot of issues like missing instructions etc.

I wish more people would actually take a second and understand how important this is.

I wish more people would actually take a second and understand how important this is.

I remember reading about the 5 minute rule and thinking that makes perfect sense.

If something takes less than 5 minutes, do it straight away

It has ensured my house is cleaner, my beard is properly shaped and yes, my customers get almost instant replies every time.

• Like 38

341284_2.png catwriter:

That’s what I started doing a while ago, and my gig is performing much better.

I’m the same. Even if I’m working on something I check the order on my phone and then go back to work. It solves a lot of issues like missing instructions etc.

This is something I’ve been doing since the beginning. I always want to assure customers that I received the order. I was overbooked a few times and was unable to send that type of message, and a few customers started asking questions, if I got the order or not. It also leads to a friendlier experience, since the customer understands he’s not treated like an username, instead he is talking with an actual human being that cares about their inquiry/order. So I agree with everyone, sharing this type of message is very helpful. My customers always appreciate it.

• Like 38

Really gold article and nice observations. Unfortunately we can only theoritize because fiverr will never show us backend. I’ll be happy to discuss few points 😛

"Focus on your gig’s title, don’t try to capture everyone, don’t use pretty adjectives, focus on who you want to find your gig."

I think adjectives maybe don’t add anything to “relevancy” but if used correctly they may help to get potential buyers click more. What I see is titles like “I will write a killer landing page for you”, “I will write attention grabbing content” seem to have more sales than average titles like “I will develop app for you”.

"The new engine qualifies buyers and knows a lot about them, before serving your gig their way:

-their purchase intent
-buying history
-browsing habits (I mean on site)
-how they respond to custom offers
-when they spend
-how they spend"

How do you know that? Its very hard to tell this without looking directly into code

Your tags need to be complimentary to your title. Not repeating what you say you will do."

That’s interesting will definitely try this.

• Like 34
  • Haha 1

Really gold article and nice observations. Unfortunately we can only theoritize because fiverr will never show us backend. I’ll be happy to discuss few points 😛

"Focus on your gig’s title, don’t try to capture everyone, don’t use pretty adjectives, focus on who you want to find your gig."

I think adjectives maybe don’t add anything to “relevancy” but if used correctly they may help to get potential buyers click more. What I see is titles like “I will write a killer landing page for you”, “I will write attention grabbing content” seem to have more sales than average titles like “I will develop app for you”.

"The new engine qualifies buyers and knows a lot about them, before serving your gig their way:

-their purchase intent

-buying history

-browsing habits (I mean on site)

-how they respond to custom offers

-when they spend

-how they spend"

How do you know that? Its very hard to tell this without looking directly into code

Your tags need to be complimentary to your title. Not repeating what you say you will do."

That’s interesting will definitely try this.

Hi there @michal247 thank you for taking the time to reply.

My comment about “pretty adjectives” was mainly targeting people who just create a bunch of gigs like “I will create amazing logo” “I will make a breathtaking logo” and so on and so forth.

Your examples actually look pretty good.

As for the buyer qualification thing: It was revealed during the “promoted gigs” webinar, that Fiverr actually can now tell who’s a buyer and who is a tire kicker and predicts how they will behave.

(the feature’s product leader made the claim, not in as much detail as I present it here)

• Like 37
  • Haha 2

So, I’m one of the sellers that got “struck” by this new algorithm change.

I went over everything that was said in this topic, and I agree with most. But there are some things that just don’t add up.

Let’s start with the tags.

I went through the profiles of sellers that currently have the most orders in the queue in my categories. And what did I found? That all of them use tags that are the same as the keywords they use in their titles. I understand why you’d want different tags, but in the real-word, this doesn’t seem to hold true.

Second, I agree that everything goes through an evolution, and a huge overhaul of the search algorithm was expected. But, this change seemed to rock many veteran sellers with great track records. What I noticed is that the top players in all categories remained untacked. I’m talking about the top 3-5 sellers in every category. It’s the second tier that got hit with the update. Most of us are long-term level 2 sellers, and it’s hard for us to understand what we did wrong.

I’m not saying that Fiverr is wrong. Fiverr is a private company, and they can do whatever they want. But it’s hard to understand from our point of view. We did nothing wrong, yet we all feel like we got penalized.

I’m not bitching. We will have to adapt.

But it’s hard to be optimistic, seeing how I didn’t receive a single message for the past 2 weeks. Yet, I had my record-breaking month in February.

I did notice a few things that I’ll try. I’ll play with descriptions, even though I don’t believe they do much for the ranking. Descriptions are there to convert. I will change the tags. I will change the titles.

Let’s hope for the best.

• Like 39
  • Haha 2

I went over everything that was said in this topic, and I agree with most. But there are some things that just don’t add up.

I went through the profiles of sellers that currently have the most orders in the queue in my categories. And what did I found? That all of them use tags that are the same as the keywords they use in their titles. I understand why you’d want different tags, but in the real-word, this doesn’t seem to hold true.

Second, I agree that everything goes through an evolution, and a huge overhaul of the search algorithm was expected. But, this change seemed to rock many veteran sellers with great track records. What I noticed is that the top players in all categories remained untacked. I’m talking about the top 3-5 sellers in every category. It’s the second tier that got hit with the update. Most of us are long-term level 2 sellers, and it’s hard for us to understand what we did wrong.

I’m not saying that Fiverr is wrong. Fiverr is a private company, and they can do whatever they want. But it’s hard to understand from our point of view. We did nothing wrong, yet we all feel like we got penalized.

But it’s hard to be optimistic, seeing how I didn’t receive a single message for the past 2 weeks. Yet, I had my record-breaking month in February.

I did notice a few things that I’ll try. I’ll play with descriptions, even though I don’t believe they do much for the ranking. Descriptions are there to convert. I will change the tags. I will change the titles.

Let’s hope for the best.

I would be cautious about changing too much too soon. The tags, titles and descriptions obviously worked well for you for a long time. The other thing you noticed is that other sellers were also knocked back in rankings. The combination of these things would make me think it’s possible that this could be a short term setback and so, by changing your content, you might affect your future rankings negatively! There was another great seller who posted a similar setback but was restored to their better ranking after a relatively short period.

There’s no definitive right or wrong here so just consider all things before deciding to make any big changes.

Just to add: I’ve had similar lulls in the past and never went too crazy on changing things unless I realized I could improve things somehow. Every time the rankings came back some way or another - I don’t check rankings anymore as they are dynamic for each user, but I know when I’m ranking by number of impressions.

There’s just no logical way that Fiverr could suddenly decide that certain keywords or phrases are no longer applicable or suitable for your category. To me anyway, radical changes should be done when they are clearly needed, not when you are shooting in the dark.

• Like 35
  • Haha 1

Let’s hope for the best.

You need to understand that this “new thing” is not here to smite users.

In your case you just “dropped the ball” on one possibly important metric.

What happened during your record-breaking month? How many orders did you fulfil?

Any buyers seemed agitated? Any negative reviews? Any orders went late?

Something happened that in all probability told Fiverr that you are not capable to handle any more.

I went through the profiles of sellers that currently have the most orders in the queue in my categories.

You are most likely getting a distorted view of this. Fiverr is not sending the gigs you would be seeing if you were a buyer in your niche.

Or maybe what you are seeing is your competitor’s last “record-breaking month” and they are destined to be met with the same lull immediately afterwards.

I don’t think you should change anything until you figure out what went wrong in your case.

• Like 35
  • Haha 1

Let’s hope for the best.

You could also look at the average no. of reviews for those gigs and see if they have the most/higher than average (eg. pick a certain amount that have the same keywords in the tags and title and a certain amount that don’t and compare the difference in the avg number of reviews). If there’s been a change where it’s now better not to use the same keywords in the title and tags you could only look at the gigs created more recently (eg. 2020 onwards) to check the amounts on - maybe checking gigs of the same/similar basic package price so it’s a better comparison if you don’t take many gigs into account.

• Like 33
  • Haha 1

I believe the formula that you have is somewhat true, however I think the buyers you bring in should be in there somewhere. Advertising is a must. Makes it hard for the people that are working a full time job or other responsiblities to actually promote their gig and be there constantly for service on demand. This big change might be more money for Fiverr. It definitely may weed out the people that are not really trying to build up an income here.

• Like 31
  • Haha 1

I believe the formula that you have is somewhat true, however I think the buyers you bring in should be in there somewhere. Advertising is a must. Makes it hard for the people that are working a full time job or other responsiblities to actually promote their gig and be there constantly for service on demand. This big change might be more money for Fiverr. It definitely may weed out the people that are not really trying to build up an income here.

Hi there @kendal1747

I don’t quite understand what it is you are saying.

however I think the buyers you bring in should be in there somewhere

What doers this mean?

I did mention that conversion is a factor and promoted gigs are also a factor.

• Like 32
  • Haha 1

Hi there @kendal1747

I don’t quite understand what it is you are saying.

however I think the buyers you bring in should be in there somewhere

What doers this mean?

I did mention that conversion is a factor and promoted gigs are also a factor.

Kendall is saying that we shouldn’t rely only on fiverr bringin us clients but we should also get some clients from advertising. Which is true, still I don’t think its really in any way connected to topic where are we rather discussing how to get as much as we can from fiverr. Advertising outside it is completely different thing.

• Like 32
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Kendall is saying that we shouldn’t rely only on fiverr bringin us clients but we should also get some clients from advertising. Which is true, still I don’t think its really in any way connected to topic where are we rather discussing how to get as much as we can from fiverr. Advertising outside it is completely different thing.

In that case allow me to disagree. (although kudos for decoding Kendal’s reply)

I think that once a seller creates a profile on a platform like Fiverr, they should try to optimize to take advantage of said platform.

Spending money on off site ads (a feature that will be released soon by Fiverr BTW) makes very little sense IMO.

You are paying money for people to come on Fiverr where if they bounce, they will find 100s of sellers like you to choose from. (not to mention Fiverr has ways to suggest other sellers to your prospect even if they land on your gig)

If you want to advertise, then diversify. Create a personal website, and pay ads to send people there.

• Like 39
  • Haha 1

I think that once a seller creates a profile on a platform like Fiverr, they should try to optimize to take advantage of said platform.

Spending money on off site ads (a feature that will be released soon by Fiverr BTW) makes very little sense IMO.

You are paying money for people to come on Fiverr where if they bounce, they will find 100s of sellers like you to choose from. (not to mention Fiverr has ways to suggest other sellers to your prospect even if they land on your gig)

If you want to advertise, then diversify. Create a personal website, and pay ads to send people there.

There are plenty of ways to advertise without spending money though.

• Like 34

I politely disagree with your observation. Fiverr is constantly telling us to promote ourselves on other sites. I know people that have brought Big Names to Fiverr and got TRS very quickly.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

In that case it’s not advertising. It’s promoting.

Yup right, I don’t know much about technical names for it. I suck at marketing currently, most knowledge I know about comes from Seth Godin book lol but I managed to get one big client outside of fiverr to fiverr

• Like 32
  • Sad 1

I politely disagree with your observation. Fiverr is constantly telling us to promote ourselves on other sites. I know people that have brought Big Names to Fiverr and got TRS very quickly.

That is your prerogative of course.

I am a Pro and TRS seller, and I am not confident enough to pay to bring people to my profile, where my competition also lives.

Kudos to your friends, and feel free to try the same.

If you do so, please try the wonderful BYOB feature, so that you can keep the 20% Fiverr would otherwise get.

• Like 33
  • Congrats! 1

You need to understand that this “new thing” is not here to smite users.

In your case you just “dropped the ball” on one possibly important metric.

What happened during your record-breaking month? How many orders did you fulfil?

Any buyers seemed agitated? Any negative reviews? Any orders went late?

Something happened that in all probability told Fiverr that you are not capable to handle any more.

I went through the profiles of sellers that currently have the most orders in the queue in my categories.

You are most likely getting a distorted view of this. Fiverr is not sending the gigs you would be seeing if you were a buyer in your niche.

Or maybe what you are seeing is your competitor’s last “record-breaking month” and they are destined to be met with the same lull immediately afterwards.

I don’t think you should change anything until you figure out what went wrong in your case.

It’s hard to figure what went wrong and which metrics I dropped if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

This is probably the thing that annoys most people. We don’t know what we did wrong.

I’m all up for updates and I’m confident in the quality of my work. But I’m not a fan of drastic changes like I just experienced.

I did make some changes to my gigs. But they were long overdue.

• Like 33

It’s hard to figure what went wrong and which metrics I dropped if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

This is probably the thing that annoys most people. We don’t know what we did wrong.

I’m all up for updates and I’m confident in the quality of my work. But I’m not a fan of drastic changes like I just experienced.

I did make some changes to my gigs. But they were long overdue.

I share this confusion a lot of times, though I like to edit my gigs a lot.

• Like 32

That is your prerogative of course.

I am a Pro and TRS seller, and I am not confident enough to pay to bring people to my profile, where my competition also lives.

Kudos to your friends, and feel free to try the same.

If you do so, please try the wonderful BYOB feature, so that you can keep the 20% Fiverr would otherwise get.

I did not say that I was doing it. I know people have done it and Fiverr loved it. I have other responsiblities besides a full time job and I am only a level one seller. Fiverr wants the big names, that is evident.

• Like 31

I did not say that I was doing it. I know people have done it and Fiverr loved it. I have other responsiblities besides a full time job and I am only a level one seller. Fiverr wants the big names, that is evident.

Well it makes sense for Fiverr to want more traffic, regardless of who gets to make the sale.

Let that sink in.

I still don’t think Fiverr takes into account traffic you bring them.

Unless you are an active member of the affiliate program, I don’t think it matters. And even then, it’s still not part of the “formula”.

• Like 35

Well it makes sense for Fiverr to want more traffic, regardless of who gets to make the sale.

Let that sink in.

I still don’t think Fiverr takes into account traffic you bring them.

Unless you are an active member of the affiliate program, I don’t think it matters. And even then, it’s still not part of the “formula”.

Well, this is just an observation, but my profile grew when I started bringing traffic (clients) to my gig.

It would make sense for Fiverr to notice when a gig gets notices from “outside” traffic.

But again, this is purely anecdotal and I could be totally wrong.

• Like 36
  • Up 1

Well, this is just an observation, but my profile grew when I started bringing traffic (clients) to my gig.

It would make sense for Fiverr to notice when a gig gets notices from “outside” traffic.

But again, this is purely anecdotal and I could be totally wrong.

I also feel like it. The more clients I have in queue the more is inquiring, while when I don’t have any sales im usually without orders in queue for 1-3 weeks.

• Like 31