Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I respect your comments. Fiverr replied and basically says nothing is wrong with my gig. Im in the same boat as all the others who dropped to the last page and now, as of today officially give up. I will take whatever the platform offers me. I have raised thousands for them and now I’m last of the last. It really hurts. As it does for all the others who do this for a living. It;s fun to give everyone a gig every once in a while, it’s destructive if you were depending on it with your life. I’m too sad to think clearly.

I appreciate the response.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

I completely understand what you are saying.

Just a reminder to step back and look at the whole picture:

This system is not in place to punish you, or restrain you, or hold you back and stop serving you with clients.

It’s you and then there are literally thousands of sellers doing the exact same thing you are doing. (in terms of niche and end product, not level of service necessarily).

So the system, which exists solely to make Fiverr money, needs to know when it is efficient to serve your gig, or when it’s efficient to serve someone else’s.

My post tried to distinguish between the two main metrics that drive this decision:

speed and relevancy.

So when you are handling 5 orders, you are definitely able to tell if you are at capacity, or if you can pencil more orders in if you got them.

But Fiverr doesn’t know that, so it relies on perhaps poor indicators, like when did you deliver, how long it takes you to get back to buyers, etc.

Yes, if an order is a 24-hour one, then this calculation changes. Suddenly the last 12 hours account for 50% of the time you had to work on the order.

My gigs have 15 day deliveries (for good reason), so in my case delivering after the “12 hour” notification is “down to the wire”.

Hope that clarifies things.

Regarding what I quoted… due to the nature of my work and the fact that unlike most writers here I actually don’t outsource, I deliver only within the “12 hours left” window. I don’t have any trouble ranking because of that. I noticed reviews, cancellations and late orders have a huge impact. At least in my case.

@donnovan86 thank you for sharing.

That actually does not disprove the existence of that marker.

Like I said my observations may be wrong. I may be wrong about how important that is, or I may have stumbled upon only a fraction of the equation.

If you regularly deliver within the “last 12 hours”, and you are doing just fine, then that means that this metric’s weight is not as important, or that other things are also factored in, like the average duration of your orders, how many orders you have at one time, how many out of those are under revision, and so on.

It’s definitely a lot more complicated than my initial post may have implied.

I just wanted to hint at the existence of those metrics, I have no way of knowing the exact formula or how they tie in with everything else.

The ideas you shared in this thread did u try in your gig? and get orders ?

I follow my own advice and I do get orders. But this post wasn’t made to be used as a “guide” to “get orders”.

My gigs have 15 day deliveries (for good reason), so in my case delivering after the “12 hour” notification is “down to the wire”.

I agree

I deliver in 2 days, or with some extras, in 1 day. Obviously the 12-hour thing is 50% or 25% of the entire deadline.

Now this scares me, since even these tiny things matter. I assumed they do… But seeing them on black and white. You know… it makes them real 🙂

• Like 38

My take is that delivering actually late is a very big pain point but delivering past the 12-hour notification not much. I think the 12-hour notification’s first and foremost goal is to keep sellers from delivering actually late. They probably came up with it because many sellers do deliver late, not to torment sellers who always deliver before the deadline with the thought “Oh no, will my gig be dead now because I delivered at 14:07, and not at 13:55?! Should I just cut some corners next time to deliver before the dreaded 12-hours note?”

Generally, of course, Fiverr wouldn’t want everyone to deliver in the last possible minute all the time, but if happy buyers are the highest goal, Fiverr also shouldn’t like it if sellers got too scared by that 12-hours “pre-deadline” to even offer 24-hour gigs anymore.

My take is to plan and try to deliver with buffer as well and often as possible, but to not stress too much about crossing that 12-hour deadline sometimes, or even often if you do deliver a lot of 24-hour orders.

There are so many factors interlacing that it’s hard to single them out. Deliver before that 12 hour message, if you can, sure. On the other hand, if fear of crossing that 12-hour line keeps you from offering a 24-hour gig that really would get you orders and rake in fees, or if your business thrives with regular 10- or 5-hour hyper urgent express orders with 3x the revenue for the same amount of time, and the associated fees for Fiverr …

That notification is annoying, though, so, if you’re easily annoyed by annoying notifications, and I know I am, plan accordingly, don’t take hyper urgent express orders (unless the hyper person pays enough to cover your pain of receiving that notification), and deliver before that message pounces you.

Many if not all of those notifications, I think, are mostly for sellers who don’t deliver a good customer experience anyway respectively who can’t discern and act accordingly on their own.

For example, the requirement checking. You never have any issues with your gigs because you check your requirements late, your buyers are always happy? Well, great. You often have to ask for time extension because you check your requirements late? Well, you know what you should do, we know that buyers aren’t happy about time extensions, or, oh horror, late deliveries, and we remind you, to help you with this.

Or the “buyer is waiting on an update” - unless, in some cases, they don’t, might even be unhappier if you do reply to their “Great. Thanks!”, since they get a notification too and have to check if their seller maybe has some important question, only to see “Thank you for thanking me!” 😉

The code is more what you’d call “guidelines” than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Green Pearl, Miss Turner, Mister Around, and all you other dears!

I might be completely wrong.

• Like 46

My take is that delivering actually late is a very big pain point but delivering past the 12-hour notification not much. I think the 12-hour notification’s first and foremost goal is to keep sellers from delivering actually late. They probably came up with it because many sellers do deliver late, not to torment sellers who always deliver before the deadline with the thought “Oh no, will my gig be dead now because I delivered at 14:07, and not at 13:55?! Should I just cut some corners next time to deliver before the dreaded 12-hours note?”

Generally, of course, Fiverr wouldn’t want everyone to deliver in the last possible minute all the time, but if happy buyers are the highest goal, Fiverr also shouldn’t like it if sellers got too scared by that 12-hours “pre-deadline” to even offer 24-hour gigs anymore.

My take is to plan and try to deliver with buffer as well and often as possible, but to not stress too much about crossing that 12-hour deadline sometimes, or even often if you do deliver a lot of 24-hour orders.

There are so many factors interlacing that it’s hard to single them out. Deliver before that 12 hour message, if you can, sure. On the other hand, if fear of crossing that 12-hour line keeps you from offering a 24-hour gig that really would get you orders and rake in fees, or if your business thrives with regular 10- or 5-hour hyper urgent express orders with 3x the revenue for the same amount of time, and the associated fees for Fiverr …

That notification is annoying, though, so, if you’re easily annoyed by annoying notifications, and I know I am, plan accordingly, don’t take hyper urgent express orders (unless the hyper person pays enough to cover your pain of receiving that notification), and deliver before that message pounces you.

Many if not all of those notifications, I think, are mostly for sellers who don’t deliver a good customer experience anyway respectively who can’t discern and act accordingly on their own.

For example, the requirement checking. You never have any issues with your gigs because you check your requirements late, your buyers are always happy? Well, great. You often have to ask for time extension because you check your requirements late? Well, you know what you should do, we know that buyers aren’t happy about time extensions, or, oh horror, late deliveries, and we remind you, to help you with this.

Or the “buyer is waiting on an update” - unless, in some cases, they don’t, might even be unhappier if you do reply to their “Great. Thanks!”, since they get a notification too and have to check if their seller maybe has some important question, only to see “Thank you for thanking me!” 😉

The code is more what you’d call “guidelines” than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Green Pearl, Miss Turner, Mister Around, and all you other dears!

I might be completely wrong.

You shouldn’t treat any of my research as a set of rules.

It’s a hypothesis that attempts to shed light to possible performance indicators.

Feel free to question everything and cross check with your personal experience.

• Like 43

Definitely, and I don’t, I just felt like adding another opinion about the 12-hour thing specifically, since some people seem to see it as scary now, and unfortunately, someone reminded me of pirates today, and I always wanted to use that rules/guidelines quote, since IMO, it seems to often apply, whether in live, on Fiverr, or the forum … and … because I’m not above the Green Pearl pun, unfortunately 🙂
🌿

• Like 35
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a hypothesis that attempts to shed light to possible performance indicators.

Feel free to question everything and cross check with your personal experience.

Maybe not, but …

Based on the replies already given this Conversations topic is a goldmine of Tips for Sellers!

• Like 44

Maybe not, but …

Based on the replies already given this Conversations topic is a goldmine of Tips for Sellers!

That is always the best outcome possible from sharing knowledge on the forum.

I appreciate everyone who participates in these types of conversation.

@donnovan86 seems like that will most likely not stop, as the people who make those posts will never read anything else.

They are only looking to play the victim, or seek for confirming their bias, or are looking for shortcuts.

Meanwhile the marketplace will most likely move past them as they stand there, stuck in “ranking” limbo.

• Like 38

First of all happy birthday man (maybe I’m late sorry 😊)

This is the most interesting article someone post in a long time. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. and I was wondering what do you think about the conversion rate? I read some articles about conversion rate but I was never able to find a method to calculate it. I think maybe conversion rate important factor to consider.

• Like 35

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I think that the changes Fiverr is implementing may appear intimidating.

In my book, this is the first set of changes Fiverr appears to be making that will benefit the marketplace in the long run.

As a seller (and a shareholder) I can get behind that.

After reading your comments Vickie and some others as well, I think that my post may appear as if I am trying to alert people of something bad that’s happening.

I may have oversimplified things and the algorithm was definitely there before this update.

My two cents for anyone who wants it:

Fiverr wants for its sellers to stop thinking of just the end product and shift their focus to providing their buyers with a pleasant experience.

Chances are that sellers who still think it’s redundant to greet their buyer with a hello or check the filled out requirements to confirm they have what the need early on in the process, may start having a slightly harder time.

Sellers who already tried to provide their buyers with a great journey and went the extra mile to create delight, may start seeing more business.

Sellers who are intuitive enough and are willing to listen to whatever Fiverr is telling them, will probably adapt and figure out a way to move forward.

• Like 37

In my book, this is the first set of changes Fiverr appears to be making that will benefit the marketplace in the long run.

After reading your comments Vickie and some others as well, I think that my post may appear as if I am trying to alert people of something bad that’s happening.

I may have oversimplified things and the algorithm was definitely there before this update.

Fiverr wants for its sellers to stop thinking of just the end product and shift their focus to providing their buyers with a pleasant experience.

Chances are that sellers who still think it’s redundant to greet their buyer with a hello or check the filled out requirements to confirm they have what the need early on in the process, may start having a slightly harder time.

Sellers who already tried to provide their buyers with a great journey and went the extra mile to create delight, may start seeing more business.

Sellers who are intuitive enough and are willing to listen to whatever Fiverr is telling them, will probably adapt and figure out a way to move forward.

I do not feel that your post does that at all.

However, now that I have read your comment, I see that I have gotten the reactions to this post ⬇️

Please see my answer to you in the "Welcome to the New Fiverr 3.0 thread. slightly_smiling_face

I apologize. And I have deleted my comments that were made while I was thinking of the post above.

• Like 35

As a seller (and a shareholder)

Would you say it’s a good idea to become a shareholder? I saw their shares skyrocketed last year. I assume you were a shareholder beforehand, or you got into this in 2020/2021? I was thinking about this as an avenue to invest, but I am not really good with stocks myself.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

As a seller (and a shareholder)

Would you say it’s a good idea to become a shareholder? I saw their shares skyrocketed last year. I assume you were a shareholder beforehand, or you got into this in 2020/2021? I was thinking about this as an avenue to invest, but I am not really good with stocks myself.

I bought a lot of stock when it was $20.

I had been planning to ever since the rumors of them going public started years ago and I had been saving up money to buy on day one, which I did.

Stock went up more than 10x ever since.

My projection is it will grow even more in the next 3 years.

It’s a long position for me.

It’s not too late to buy in if you believe in the platform. But it is a long play.

• Like 35

I bought a lot of stock when it was $20.

I had been planning to ever since the rumors of them going public started years ago and I had been saving up money to buy on day one, which I did.

Stock went up more than 10x ever since.

It’s a long position for me.

It’s not too late to buy in if you believe in the platform. But it is a long play.

I agree, the platform will grow, and the changes they are making clearly show there’s a great future for it.

I agree 100%.

• Like 34

I agree, the platform will grow, and the changes they are making clearly show there’s a great future for it.

I agree 100%.

Aside from Fiverr’s new tools, I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly the company’s officers adapted to the pandemic and moved towards a new direction.

Plus let’s not forget that even after the vaccinations and our much needed win over covid-19, the whole freelancing landscape will never be the same.

And Fiverr will keep growing because of how the global marketplace is currently reshaping.

@gamunu Yes conversion is important, it’s included in my analysis above.

But Fiverr’s funnel is much more complex than a sales funnel on your personal website.

So I wouldn’t be worrying about the exact calculation if I were you.

I’d focus on optimizing my gig to close the sale without any questions or friction.

• Like 35

-check the requirements

Now that you brought that up, I have to wonder if that goes against you too? I get that message constantly and it irks me. I do not open up an order until I am ready to work on it OR if I feel there may be something missing. For some reason, I always know to look at those orders that will invariably be missing a key component I need to get the job done. I had one just last night, and sure enough, had to write to them asking for it.

So, I wonder, with this “check the requirements”, if you don’t OPEN the order and check to see if everything is there within 24 hours or whatever - if that also makes you look like you could care less about customer service?

Also, with the messages of

-the buyer is new to fiverr

There is always that “reach out and make their experience good” (or whatever it says). I wonder if I am supposed to be sending them a little greeting and thanking them for their order (before working on it!) and that I will be getting to their reading soon?

Lots to chew on. I don’t do either of the above - meaning, I do not send messages to new buyers welcoming them, I don’t check the requirements until I am ready to do their work OR unless I feel something may be missing.

Interesting.

GG

I wonder if I am supposed to be sending them a little greeting and thanking them for their order (before working on it!) and that I will be getting to their reading soon?

That’s what I started doing a while ago, and my gig is performing much better.

It doesn’t take much time: I check every new order, see if I got everything I need (I’m way too anxious not to check, anyway), and say something like “thank you for the order, I will deliver before the deadline, probably sooner”. If the buyer is new to Fiverr, I also say “welcome to Fiverr” in the same message.

• Like 42

Hey everyone!

A disclaimer: The following post/article is not an official Fiverr statement. It’s a summary of my personal observations over how Fiverr works and I am sharing because I noticed that more and more sellers come here, stating that they “lost their ranking”.

This is my effort to provide them with some answers and some food for thought.

Hold up. Fiverr 3.0?

If Fiverr’s early days (the wild wild west days) was Fiverr 1.0 and we count the facelift in 2014 (I think?) as v2.0, then we quietly got v3.0 late last year.

Without an official announcement, without much fanfare, the website slowly rolled out a back end update which seems to have concluded late last year.

How do I know this?

This is a good time to remind you to read my disclaimer.

I have no way of actually knowing anything, no one from Fiverr shared insights with me either. This is just a gut feeling and tons of personal observation, from a seller obsessed with performance. (and figuring out how things work)

Ranking is no more

I started hinting about this mid-2020, then started actively talking about it.

Talking about ranking is moot, as there are no more results pages. Well technically there are, but you’ll see what I mean in a minute.

Fiverr transitioned from being a search engine like Google to being a match making service like Tinder.

It no longer serves users (buyers) with pages filled with search results, ranked according to how well they are “performing”.

Fiverr also no longer counts on buyers clicking on verticals to find what they need.

It’s all about the search function.

Fiverr’s new engine tries to match a buyer with a potential seller that will be as close to a 100% ideal match as possible, as soon as possible.

A great match is when:

A) a seller offers something relative to what the buyer is searching for

and

B) a seller has great “performance”

It’s all about reducing risk for Fiverr.

Risk that the buyer won’t find someone to hire and therefore won’t spent their money.

Or risk that the buyer will not get a great service and ask for a refund, never to return again on the platform.

What is this “performance” you keep going on about?

Here comes the good stuff.

There are two kinds of performance that Fiverr keeps track of:

A) performance as a seller (converting prospects into buyers)

B) performance as a vendor (satisfying buyers, successfully completing orders)

THAT’S IT.

Fiverr doesn’t care if you are the best designer, video editor, animator, writer, what have you.

All it cares is that you can make people spend and then making sure that said people don’t ask their money back. (And therefore stay on the platform to spend some more)

I am oversimplifying things, as the system actually keeps track of a bunch of interesting metrics when serving buyers with sellers.

Which is why searching for your gig, or your competition on Fiverr, even using incognito or clearing cookies and what not, will NEVER show you anything useful.

The new engine qualifies buyers and knows a lot about them, before serving your gig their way:

-their purchase intent

-buying history

-browsing habits (I mean on site)

-how they respond to custom offers

-when they spend

-how they spend

The list is long, and I am sure that even if I am right on some of the stuff I think I understand, there are hundreds more variables that only Fiverr’s coders know.

OK, let’s say you are right. What now?

Well just like every change in life, it is always met with resistance.

The new “engine” is here to stay apparently, since its sole purpose is making the platform more money.

What should we do?

Why are people losing their “rankings” out of the blue?

This is where I will try to sound less like a lunatic and actually try to form all the observations into some -hopefully- actionable advice.

When people start noticing that their gigs are losing impressions, or that messages stop coming in, etc, it’s usually because their performance has deteriorated.

They dropped the ball somehow.

I know it always seems like it’s out of the blue, but there are indicators.

Here are some things to keep in mind.

The new system values speed and relevance over anything else.

It’s all RELEVANT: (performance A)

So performance A (being a good closer) has everything to do with how your gig is set up.

If you still think about SEO, and keywords, and ranking, you already lost the game.

Focus on your gig’s title, don’t try to capture everyone, don’t use pretty adjectives, focus on who you want to find your gig.

You need to be focused on your niche.

Relevance is key. You need to make sure that only the people you can help will find you, and that will make Fiverr LOVE your gig.

Don’t use the same keywords as what you used as a gig title. Trust me.

Fiverr 3.0 hates that.

Your tags need to be complimentary to your title. Not repeating what you say you will do.

Again: relevance.

If your gig’s description is written with “SEO” in mind, and is “keyword-rich”, you will once again underperform. Fiverr 3.0 no longer crawls for keywords, it rewards descriptions that answer questions and help convert.

The need for SPEED: (performance B)

Fiverr 3.0 loves speed.

The quicker you can respond to inquiries the better.

The sooner you get that custom offer accepted, the better.

Other factors that may show Fiverr you are rocking it:

-Delivering fast

-Buyers accepting their delivery relatively quickly

-Not getting lots of revision requests

-Not leaving order updates unanswered for too long (the “buyer has posted an update for X amount of hours” notification)

-Delivering before the “you have 12 hours to deliver” notification

-Avoiding cancellations

-Avoiding time extensions

Oh, one more thing:

Relevance and speed are just two faces of a multi-faced die, that calculates one very important thing.

Fiverr 3.0 is all about having satisfied buyers.

The platform no longer just focuses on making revenue and having gigs purchased.

The updated engine focuses solely on having happy buyers.

Which leads me to my last point for this article, to whoever wants to hear it:

Your reviews no longer matter as much. You can keep getting all 5-star reviews, and you will still experience lulls and droughts.

Because the system no longer takes public reviews into consideration, using the same weight as Fiverr 2.0.

They still count, but not as much.

And can you blame them? The majority of sellers on the platform can be phoning it in and still get a higher than 4.7 average.

The system has too many 5-star sellers for that metric to indicate anything.

If everyone is 5-stars, then no one is 5-stars. (to paraphrase something I keep saying for TRS badges.)

So unfortunately, and maybe even people gaming the system with fake reviews had something to do with this, public reviews no longer mean as much to the platform, when it calculates how happy our buyers are.

It’s a long and complex formula, but I simplified it to this for now:

Performance A + Performance B + Buyer satisfaction = Actual seller rating

I still think that “gig rotation” is not a thing. It does exist, but it would never tank successful sellers and truly valuable gigs.

So to sum up:

-When you search for your gig and find it, that’s a skewed POV, that’s not telling you the whole story. You should stop doing that.

-When your gig is served to buyers, it’s because Fiverr actually believes you can score.

-The gigs that are also presented along your offering, are also very carefully selected based on their performance. There is no “ranking”.

-When you notice a drop in sales/enquiries/impressions, start thinking about your overall performance. More often than not, there is definitely some indicator that “told” Fiverr that you were dropping the proverbial ball.

The bad news is that this will take some getting used to and sellers are once again asked to either adapt or “perish”.

The good news is that this new system is actually a lot more forgiving than the old “SEO/rank” system. Even if you drop the ball performance wise, all it takes is just a tiny spark to get things going again.

As I write this, and gave it a quick read I understand that I may have oversimplified things, or that I haven’t spelled it out as much as I could.

Please forgive me, as I have a birthday cake to attend to. 🙂

As always I will be here to answer any questions and discuss things in detail with you all.

Thank you!

Fiverr 3.0 hates that.

I really think this is true!

The good news is that this new system is actually a lot more forgiving than the old “SEO/rank” system. Even if you drop the ball performance wise, all it takes is just a tiny spark to get things going again.

I wish this was true. I’ve been facing a “dry moment” here on Fiverr after receiving a 2.7 review from a very demanding and difficult buyer in February. After that experience I got few orders I successfully completed and yet my stats got even worse.

• Like 32

Fiverr 3.0 hates that.

I really think this is true!

I wish this was true. I’ve been facing a “dry moment” here on Fiverr after receiving a 2.7 review from a very demanding and difficult buyer in February. After that experience I got few orders I successfully completed and yet my stats got even worse.

As far as I can see, every situation is different.

What you said about the SSM suggesting you different keywords, because I am a writer, I have keywords like article and blog in my gig title and as keyword tags, yet I am ranked among the first if you search for that keyword.

Regarding the review thing… it matters how many orders you process. If you have 200 orders per month and you have 1-2 bad reviews, those don’t really matter that much. But if you just have 20-30 orders a month, then the review does matter a lot more. That’s why I believe the amount of orders you process every month is crucial. At least that’s what I see in my case.

If you process lots of orders, whenever you cancel it doesn’t matter that much, although it takes half a day or so to receive a new order. That is, if you already delivered other stuff you had in queue. I do agree that having orders in revision mode and stuff like that is bad, and it will have a negative impact, I saw that.

• Like 34

As far as I can see, every situation is different.

What you said about the SSM suggesting you different keywords, because I am a writer, I have keywords like article and blog in my gig title and as keyword tags, yet I am ranked among the first if you search for that keyword.

Regarding the review thing… it matters how many orders you process. If you have 200 orders per month and you have 1-2 bad reviews, those don’t really matter that much. But if you just have 20-30 orders a month, then the review does matter a lot more. That’s why I believe the amount of orders you process every month is crucial. At least that’s what I see in my case.

If you process lots of orders, whenever you cancel it doesn’t matter that much, although it takes half a day or so to receive a new order. That is, if you already delivered other stuff you had in queue. I do agree that having orders in revision mode and stuff like that is bad, and it will have a negative impact, I saw that.

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, of course I understand that. I’m definitely not one of those who get 200 orders per month 😛 I got 29 orders in February and then really saw a decline in inquiries, messages and orders in March after that negative review. And now, I don’t know how to “get back up” again. Nothing seems to work.

• Like 32

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, of course I understand that. I’m definitely not one of those who get 200 orders per month 😛 I got 29 orders in February and then really saw a decline in inquiries, messages and orders in March after that negative review. And now, I don’t know how to “get back up” again. Nothing seems to work.

Fiverr tracks these things for 60 days. So most likely things will improve. I was removed from search due to dealing with surgery and canceling a lot of orders. That was in October/early November and it took until January 10th or 15th for me to get back in search. I also had a few negative reviews aside from cancellations, from people that rushed me to deliver, despite not having the health to do so.

Obviously no one knows how this works, but I would suggest you try to optimize your gigs and wait, if you have current orders, deliver them with great reviews, and eventually the negative review will be removed.

I agree, negative reviews have an impact, if you receive a 3.3 or 2.7 star review it’s fine, but once you get under that, It does mess up with ranking. At least that was the case for me.

I have a gig where I barely get reviews, a scammer tried to get his money back saying that he will pay me half after cancellation. I didn’t cancel, I received a 1-star review from him and it’s been a month without orders on that gig.

• Like 36

Fiverr tracks these things for 60 days. So most likely things will improve. I was removed from search due to dealing with surgery and canceling a lot of orders. That was in October/early November and it took until January 10th or 15th for me to get back in search. I also had a few negative reviews aside from cancellations, from people that rushed me to deliver, despite not having the health to do so.

Obviously no one knows how this works, but I would suggest you try to optimize your gigs and wait, if you have current orders, deliver them with great reviews, and eventually the negative review will be removed.

I agree, negative reviews have an impact, if you receive a 3.3 or 2.7 star review it’s fine, but once you get under that, It does mess up with ranking. At least that was the case for me.

I have a gig where I barely get reviews, a scammer tried to get his money back saying that he will pay me half after cancellation. I didn’t cancel, I received a 1-star review from him and it’s been a month without orders on that gig.

Yes! I am trying to optimize my gigs in the meantime, but I’ve heard that editing gigs can make you lose your ranking or make the gig disappear from the search engine for a while, so I’m trying not to overdo it.

Thank you so much for the helpful suggestions and comforting words, much appreciated 😊

• Like 34

I wonder if I am supposed to be sending them a little greeting and thanking them for their order (before working on it!) and that I will be getting to their reading soon?

It doesn’t take much time: I check every new order, see if I got everything I need (I’m way too anxious not to check, anyway), and say something like “thank you for the order, I will deliver before the deadline, probably sooner”. If the buyer is new to Fiverr, I also say “welcome to Fiverr” in the same message.

I’m the same. Even if I’m working on something I check the order on my phone and then go back to work. It solves a lot of issues like missing instructions etc.

• Like 37

I’m the same. Even if I’m working on something I check the order on my phone and then go back to work. It solves a lot of issues like missing instructions etc.

348260_2.png eoinfinnegan:

I wish more people would actually take a second and understand how important this is.

• Like 38