Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

The official conversion rate Fiverr allows us to see via our analytics page is the one calculated by people who visit our gig and then buy it.

My hypothesis is that there is another hidden metric that calculates how many of the buyers that contact us via the inbox, we are able to convert to customers either via custom offer or a regular purchase.

Don’t take this the wrong way, even if that hidden metric is there, it’s not one that will hurt your profile. It’s there to spot positive performance.

I get messages from people who ask for something weird all the time.

As for the spark question, yes to what @donnovan86 said.

In periods of underperformance I notice that me converting one message to a purchase, or getting that one odd order to complete fast and with a positive review is what usually turns things around for me.

getting that one odd order to complete fast and with a positive review

I have many buyers both repeat and first-timers that do not leave any reviews so I guess I am missing out on that spark. 🎆

If I am correct, @vickiespencer you also have done the same thing, like rephrase, slightly rephrase, moderately rephrase. Correct me please if I am wrong.

All but two of my gigs are for proofreading. I started with a general proofreading gig and as buyers began to send me multiple orders for blogs, books, letters, etc. I decided to make a gig for each type of service. Besides, I needed an excuse to buy new gig images from @zeus777. 😉 I figured having a gig for each type of proofreading service would make it easier for buyers to find me.

• Like 29

I have many buyers both repeat and first-timers that do not leave any reviews so I guess I am missing out on that spark. 🎆

If I am correct, @vickiespencer you also have done the same thing, like rephrase, slightly rephrase, moderately rephrase. Correct me please if I am wrong.

All but two of my gigs are for proofreading. I started with a general proofreading gig and as buyers began to send me multiple orders for blogs, books, letters, etc. I decided to make a gig for each type of service. Besides, I needed an excuse to buy new gig images from @zeus777. 😉 I figured having a gig for each type of proofreading service would make it easier for buyers to find me.

They are, however, receiving 3 automatic nudges to fill out the infamous “secret survey” which actually has 3x times the weight of a public review. 😉

• Like 29

I decided to make a gig for each type of service.

I must say I had a quick snoop at your gigs and I am surprised by the amount of orders each had - not that you have them, that’s not a surprise - but the way they are spread out among a variety of gigs offering proofreading for specific types of document. So perhaps I am missing out by only having one catch-all gig.

The questions is now, do I rant about it continually or do I jump on board?

I guess the answer is likely to be “I will do both” 🙂

• Like 28

I decided to make a gig for each type of service.

I must say I had a quick snoop at your gigs and I am surprised by the amount of orders each had - not that you have them, that’s not a surprise - but the way they are spread out among a variety of gigs offering proofreading for specific types of document. So perhaps I am missing out by only having one catch-all gig.

The questions is now, do I rant about it continually or do I jump on board?

I guess the answer is likely to be “I will do both” 🙂

I am surprised by the amount of orders each had

Those with the least orders are newer. The proofreading kids’ books is brand spanking new!

The one with the second most reviews was my original and oldest gig. I had a regular buyer who did nothing but blog posts that is why that gig has so many reviews.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

I am surprised by the amount of orders each had

Those with the least orders are newer. The proofreading kids’ books is brand spanking new!

The one with the second most reviews was my original and oldest gig. I had a regular buyer who did nothing but blog posts that is why that gig has so many reviews.

Ugh, need to do some new unique images for these so may be added to the to-do list on my long finger.

• Like 30

The official conversion rate Fiverr allows us to see via our analytics page is the one calculated by people who visit our gig and then buy it.

My hypothesis is that there is another hidden metric that calculates how many of the buyers that contact us via the inbox, we are able to convert to customers either via custom offer or a regular purchase.

Don’t take this the wrong way, even if that hidden metric is there, it’s not one that will hurt your profile. It’s there to spot positive performance.

In periods of underperformance I notice that me converting one message to a purchase, or getting that one odd order to complete fast and with a positive review is what usually turns things around for me.

I could definitely see that being a thing since that would make more sense to focus on than relying on a single metric for conversion.

On that note, the last 3 - 4 days have been pretty weird for me. I’m getting almost no new messages or orders from new clients and the messages I do get don’t seem to be related to my gig at all which hasn’t happened for the last month or so at least. Weirdly enough, I’m getting more clicks on my gig than usual.

• Like 28

I could definitely see that being a thing since that would make more sense to focus on than relying on a single metric for conversion.

On that note, the last 3 - 4 days have been pretty weird for me. I’m getting almost no new messages or orders from new clients and the messages I do get don’t seem to be related to my gig at all which hasn’t happened for the last month or so at least. Weirdly enough, I’m getting more clicks on my gig than usual.

Is the same with me, in the past week no new messages or orders, and when i get new messages is for to do something that i don’t do. So i’m thinking about how the conversion rate act in these cases

• Like 27

I do get don’t seem to be related to my gig at all which hasn’t happened for the last month or so at least. Weirdly enough, I’m getting more clicks on my gig than usual.

Exactly the same. All gigs are getting more impressions and clicks than they have since I came back a month ago but few orders and messages

• Like 28

and the messages I do get don’t seem to be related to my gig at all which hasn’t happened for the last month or so at leas

Hmm, I am pretty sure that category update is to blame for this. I am dealing with the same issue. Same with the clicks.

I can only assume our gigs are shown to more people, but they are less relevant.

• Like 29

and the messages I do get don’t seem to be related to my gig at all which hasn’t happened for the last month or so at leas

Hmm, I am pretty sure that category update is to blame for this. I am dealing with the same issue. Same with the clicks.

I can only assume our gigs are shown to more people, but they are less relevant.

Hmmm, I wonder if that would also apply to Promoted gigs; are they being shown to more less relevant people.

Have to say, after an amazing start with them getting $300 of orders in my first $10, I have not had another order with a further $30 spent. Still a great return (considering the first $10 was free) but still, I am monitoring it daily now where before I was just letting it be for a week.

• Like 28

I do get don’t seem to be related to my gig at all which hasn’t happened for the last month or so at least. Weirdly enough, I’m getting more clicks on my gig than usual.

Exactly the same. All gigs are getting more impressions and clicks than they have since I came back a month ago but few orders and messages

I’ve only gotten 2 messages since yesterday. One asking for an assignment (why?) and another asking for barcodes (again, why?). A few days ago, I was only receiving relevant messages but I don’t know what happened in the last few days.

Thank you for bringing this up! I went ahead and had a look at my gig and seems like I hadn’t selected anything for the Gig Metadata (which I assume is new). I didn’t even know that this was added.

Hmmm, I wonder if that would also apply to Promoted gigs; are they being shown to more less relevant people.

I don’t even have that feature right now. Hopefully, they roll it out to everyone soon cause I could really use it right about now.

• Like 27

I’ve only gotten 2 messages since yesterday. One asking for an assignment (why?) and another asking for barcodes (again, why?). A few days ago, I was only receiving relevant messages but I don’t know what happened in the last few days.

Thank you for bringing this up! I went ahead and had a look at my gig and seems like I hadn’t selected anything for the Gig Metadata (which I assume is new). I didn’t even know that this was added.

I don’t even have that feature right now. Hopefully, they roll it out to everyone soon cause I could really use it right about now.

It’s not something new. I know I completed my metadata a while ago. But I purposefully left it to general, because I do write on a variety of topics. So I don’t believe choosing a niche would help me for my general writing gig. For others, maybe.

• Like 27

Have to say, after an amazing start with them getting $300 of orders in my first $10, I have not had another order with a further $30 spent. Still a great return (considering the first $10 was free) but still, I am monitoring it daily now where before I was just letting it be for a week.

Same here. The first orders were great, but since then I barely got any leads, and most of them are for academic assignments or stuff outside of the TOS…

• Like 28

It’s not something new. I know I completed my metadata a while ago. But I purposefully left it to general, because I do write on a variety of topics. So I don’t believe choosing a niche would help me for my general writing gig. For others, maybe.

It’s not something new.

Yes, but they seem to have been updated. Before they were a bit more specific (at least 2 months ago) in my category which is “Product Descriptions” but now they seem way more general like “E-Commerce Stores” and “Marketplaces”.

• Like 27

Same here. The first orders were great, but since then I barely got any leads, and most of them are for academic assignments or stuff outside of the TOS…

most of them are for academic assignments or stuff outside of the TOS…

I’ve got a few 10,000 words for $10 type requests.

My Marketing gig got a lot of impressions and Clicks from being promoted but no messages and no orders. It’s surprising considering that gig specifically encourages messaging me to discuss their needs. Given the cost per click of that I have decided to stop promoting it and will have to consider how to change it or whether it is worth doing.

• Like 29

most of them are for academic assignments or stuff outside of the TOS…

My Marketing gig got a lot of impressions and Clicks from being promoted but no messages and no orders. It’s surprising considering that gig specifically encourages messaging me to discuss their needs. Given the cost per click of that I have decided to stop promoting it and will have to consider how to change it or whether it is worth doing.

WOW… Just WOW. These people… The sad thing is that you have sellers falling for these “offers” and they work day and night just to receive that first, crucial review.

• Like 30

Got it. Thanks for explaining @frank_d and @donnovan86

• Like 27

This time i’m using the Promoted gig with an amount enough per day and for pay the click… but in this last week the gigs stopped to receive click… even that they are active. One point to be noticed is that no one reach the limit per day… so how much of exposure this feature can bring to us?

• Like 27

This time i’m using the Promoted gig with an amount enough per day and for pay the click… but in this last week the gigs stopped to receive click… even that they are active. One point to be noticed is that no one reach the limit per day… so how much of exposure this feature can bring to us?

so how much of exposure this feature can bring to us?

Speaking of that… This week I received a message I can promote even gigs without 20 reviews or so. I assume they are tracking the seller performance and they allow even gigs with a couple of reviews to be promoted?

Or maybe they just rolled things out for everyone? Hard to say.

• Like 27

Speaking of that… This week I received a message I can promote even gigs without 20 reviews or so. I assume they are tracking the seller performance and they allow even gigs with a couple of reviews to be promoted?

You are correct. I also got the option even though I didnt had enough reviews on that gig.

Secondly, yesterday my gig stopped promoting as fiverr said my performance detoriated. So yesterday, I lost promotion feature and today I lost my ranking. 😦

• Like 27

The requirements was reduced from 30 to 20 reviews… but i don’t know about less than 20 reviews… probably they are expanding it.

I just expect that the promotion use all our daily limits… at this point the promotion is far to use the daily limit.

• Like 27

Ugh, need to do some new unique images for these so may be added to the to-do list on my long finger.

some new unique images

Just buy yourself a dozen new jumpers on Fiverr, problem solved!

seems like I hadn’t selected anything for the Gig Metadata (which I assume is new). I didn’t even know that this was added.

Regarding metadata, once I had issues with my gig, and discovered that somehow my language pairs (which I know I had chosen …) had been “reset” to nothing. Retrospectively, I thought, the most probable reason other than a very random bug, is that it somehow happened when they made some category update. I think it makes sense to check one’s gigs at every such update to make sure that all metadata are still there/as one wants them, even if one thinks one doesn’t want to change anything when reading about the category update.

• Like 29

some new unique images

Just buy yourself a dozen new jumpers on Fiverr, problem solved!

seems like I hadn’t selected anything for the Gig Metadata (which I assume is new). I didn’t even know that this was added.

Regarding metadata, once I had issues with my gig, and discovered that somehow my language pairs (which I know I had chosen …) had been “reset” to nothing. Retrospectively, I thought, the most probable reason other than a very random bug, is that it somehow happened when they made some category update. I think it makes sense to check one’s gigs at every such update to make sure that all metadata are still there/as one wants them, even if one thinks one doesn’t want to change anything when reading about the category update.

Regarding metadata, once I had issues with my gig, and discovered that somehow my language pairs

Yep, there’s been a couple of issues about those including removing the language pairings altogether at one point!

• Like 30

The requirements was reduced from 30 to 20 reviews… but i don’t know about less than 20 reviews… probably they are expanding it.

I just expect that the promotion use all our daily limits… at this point the promotion is far to use the daily limit.

I am able to promote a gig that has 5 reviews. All of them are received within the last few weeks, since it’s a new gig.

• Like 26