Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

Well it makes sense for Fiverr to want more traffic, regardless of who gets to make the sale.

Let that sink in.

I still don’t think Fiverr takes into account traffic you bring them.

Unless you are an active member of the affiliate program, I don’t think it matters. And even then, it’s still not part of the “formula”.

I am happy to disagree and that is fine. Fact: selllers have brought in big names and profitted heavily on Fiverr. Who cares about the 20%, when you are granted access to the best buyers and I do mean access. Not all of us get access to the same buyers, period. That is not hard to figure out.

• Like 30
  • Congrats! 1

I am happy to disagree and that is fine. Fact: selllers have brought in big names and profitted heavily on Fiverr. Who cares about the 20%, when you are granted access to the best buyers and I do mean access. Not all of us get access to the same buyers, period. That is not hard to figure out.

I don’t see any point working on fiverr when you have most of your income come from outside. You are not really proffiting on fiverr this way? I don’t understand your idea

If you can get clients yourself what’s the point of using fiverr which main purpose is to bring you clients?

• Like 30
  • Confused 1

I don’t see any point working on fiverr when you have most of your income come from outside. You are not really proffiting on fiverr this way? I don’t understand your idea

If you can get clients yourself what’s the point of using fiverr which main purpose is to bring you clients?

You don’t get what I am saying. Once you bring in your buyers and they see what you have done and can do, then you move up the ladder to level one, level two, level three. You are granted access to better buyers on this platform and they are regulars from around the world. They don’t care to spend for example $300, $500 for a product or whatever you are selling.

• Like 28

You don’t get what I am saying. Once you bring in your buyers and they see what you have done and can do, then you move up the ladder to level one, level two, level three. You are granted access to better buyers on this platform and they are regulars from around the world. They don’t care to spend for example $300, $500 for a product or whatever you are selling.

I disagree, when I was level one and level two it didn’t really did much to me (besides getting much lower views when I became level one).

Now im not even level 1 and 2 orders in my queue are around 200$. And im just 18 year old kid right? People suddenly have a lot of money when you are providing something they desperately need. But you won’t have that experience providing data entry or whatever. Imo the levels give somewhere between little to no benefits, just as doing knowledge tests.

And if you will become level 1, level 2 or even TPS just by bringing clients outside there is big chance you won’t succeed. You have to take a lot of time to study “fiverr game” and how to make it bring you anyone. Doesn’t matter if you are level 1 or TPS.

• Like 30

I disagree, when I was level one and level two it didn’t really did much to me (besides getting much lower views when I became level one).

Now im not even level 1 and 2 orders in my queue are around 200$. And im just 18 year old kid right? People suddenly have a lot of money when you are providing something they desperately need. But you won’t have that experience providing data entry or whatever. Imo the levels give somewhere between little to no benefits, just as doing knowledge tests.

And if you will become level 1, level 2 or even TPS just by bringing clients outside there is big chance you won’t succeed. You have to take a lot of time to study “fiverr game” and how to make it bring you anyone. Doesn’t matter if you are level 1 or TPS.

Great for you. Keep doing what you are doing.

• Like 29

Fact: selllers have brought in big names and profitted heavily on Fiverr.

I don’t really see a fact.

I see a generic claim.

Who cares about the 20%, when you are granted access to the best buyers and I do mean access.

Once again I am not able to understand what it is you are talking about. How are you “granted access” to the “best buyers”?

By bringing them to Fiverr on your own?

Fiverr then rewards you somehow?

• Like 30

I see a generic claim.

Who cares about the 20%, when you are granted access to the best buyers and I do mean access.

Once again I am not able to understand what it is you are talking about. How are you “granted access” to the “best buyers”?

I think @kendal1747 is saying that the people you bring from outside will help you level up, which will then bring better buyers - meaning the level will bring you buyers. That is how I read it, anyway. I think most buyers care much less about levels than us sellers do. Maybe TRS or Pro can help sway a buyer as they look shiny and different, but I think the offering is much more important than a level. I will add that you can get access to those same, higher quality buyers no matter your level through positioning.

However, I do not advertise or promote outside of Fiverr. In my opinion, we have all the tools necessary to market our gigs effectively within the Fiverr platform itself. We are given millions of potential buyers within the platform and a thumbnail/video, pricing, titles, gig images, PDFs, and gig descriptions to attract them. That is more than enough for me to attract buyers successfully.

Also, as @frank_d said, we will be getting the option to advertise off the platform soon through Fiverr, and I am looking forward to seeing what that brings.

Lastly, thank you so much for creating this thread, Frank. It has been a very interesting read!

• Like 39

I think @kendal1747 is saying that the people you bring from outside will help you level up, which will then bring better buyers - meaning the level will bring you buyers. That is how I read it, anyway. I think most buyers care much less about levels than us sellers do. Maybe TRS or Pro can help sway a buyer as they look shiny and different, but I think the offering is much more important than a level. I will add that you can get access to those same, higher quality buyers no matter your level through positioning.

However, I do not advertise or promote outside of Fiverr. In my opinion, we have all the tools necessary to market our gigs effectively within the Fiverr platform itself. We are given millions of potential buyers within the platform and a thumbnail/video, pricing, titles, gig images, PDFs, and gig descriptions to attract them. That is more than enough for me to attract buyers successfully.

Also, as @frank_d said, we will be getting the option to advertise off the platform soon through Fiverr, and I am looking forward to seeing what that brings.

Lastly, thank you so much for creating this thread, Frank. It has been a very interesting read!

Yeah much respect to Frank, its very rarely to see so good topics here

• Like 28

That is your prerogative of course.

I am a Pro and TRS seller, and I am not confident enough to pay to bring people to my profile, where my competition also lives.

Kudos to your friends, and feel free to try the same.

If you do so, please try the wonderful BYOB feature, so that you can keep the 20% Fiverr would otherwise get.

If you do so, please try the wonderful BYOB feature, so that you can keep the 20% Fiverr would otherwise get.

What is the BYOB feature?

I have never heard of it before.

Also, wish you a belated Happy Birthday!! 🍰

• Like 29

It’s a feature called Bring Your Own Business.

You create links to your gig and any order that comes from said link, 100% of the sale will go to you. Fiverr will not take 20%.

• Like 33

When I was young, the host often added this acronym to party invitations, which meant something quite different! 😉

• Like 40

You were lucky most likely.

As far as I saw, you get people with all budgets if you have an accomplished portfolio and lots of reviews. Despite the fact that I have a low price point, I was still promoted to people that have a high budget and which didn’t mind spending upwards of $100 for an article.

• Like 30

I see a generic claim.

Well, you must be living in a bubble. People on different levels get access to different clientele.

• Like 28

You create links to your gig and any order that comes from said link, 100% of the sale will go to you. Fiverr will not take 20%.

You create links to your gig and any order that comes from said link, 100% of the sale will go to you. Fiverr will not take 20%

Interesting because I don’t seem to find it anywhere.

Nothing in the ToS either.

• Like 28

Well, you must be living in a bubble. People on different levels get access to different clientele.

I started off as level 0, and then proceeded to get every single badge there is on this platform.

One might argue that buyers who purchase my Pro services are “the best” but since I have about 100 more Pro orders completed than you do, allow me to know first hand that this is not the case.

The only “different level of clientele” I have seen are buyers who have a “Fiverr business” account.

All levels have access to them. As long as you have a strong offering.

Still waiting for “facts”.

@wordsfire Not sure if it’s available for everyone. It’s on my dashboard since 2017.

I spoke to the product leader back in 2018 and they said they planned on making improvements and rolling it out for everyone.

Not sure they did either.

• Like 32

No they don’t. Your price differentiates the clientele you get access to. People that want a very complex project don’t choose $5 sellers for that. And if you set a huge price, then someone with a budget of $10, $20 won’t contact you.

As far as I am aware, it’s more common sense than any algorithm. No one is living in any bubble… Some people like @frank_d just have a lot of experience in their field and they can charge more. They also have the portfolio to back it up. There was an user recently that had 0 reviews and he was here for less than a month, and without any portfolio he was asking $100+ for his gigs. Social proofing is what matters here.

• Like 36

All this things of configurations and changes make me feel curious about one Seller… there’s a TRS that works with logo, is not a cheaper gig… and all months due the amount of orders in queue, he turns off his profile “Out Office”.

Then he opens again to receive more orders… so is curious that he doesn’t looks face some impact in all this things… maybe the fact that all the time appears that he has 30, 40 orders in queue create some psychological effect. :thinking:

• Like 29

All this things of configurations and changes make me feel curious about one Seller… there’s a TRS that works with logo, is not a cheaper gig… and all months due the amount of orders in queue, he turns off his profile “Out Office”.

Then he opens again to receive more orders… so is curious that he doesn’t looks face some impact in all this things… maybe the fact that all the time appears that he has 30, 40 orders in queue create some psychological effect. :thinking:

It’s not something to be curious about if you want my opinion.

Everything looks awesome when you are outside, looking in.

You don’t know what they do, how they manage, what their margins are.

To that end you don’t know how they are impacted by any of this.

I had an average of 40 orders in my queue at some point for 20 days straight, back in the good old days, and it was a nightmare for me personally.

• Like 32

Wow, I’m always surprised how hostile people get on public forums. 🙈

Frank started a very good topic that is very relevant to all sellers. It baffles my mind that people don’t have the decency to disagree and not bicker with each other.

Stay on the topic and discuss the changes.

There’s definitely something happening with the algorithm. It would do us good if we discussed what we notice.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t AI usually take some time to optimize itself before it can produce the best possible results? Could we be in the phase where AI is still learning what’s best for the platform?

• Like 30

Wow, I’m always surprised how hostile people get on public forums. 🙈

Frank started a very good topic that is very relevant to all sellers. It baffles my mind that people don’t have the decency to disagree and not bicker with each other.

Stay on the topic and discuss the changes.

There’s definitely something happening with the algorithm. It would do us good if we discussed what we notice.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t AI usually take some time to optimize itself before it can produce the best possible results? Could we be in the phase where AI is still learning what’s best for the platform?

That’s an interesting point.

I’m not sure when they started using AI, but I assume the beta testing phase was a long time ago. I don’t think they would unleash an incomplete mechanism to try and make Fiverr more efficient.

But based on how AI works, it is constantly learning and therefore, constantly becoming more efficient in making a “perfect” match.

• Like 30

That’s an interesting point.

I’m not sure when they started using AI, but I assume the beta testing phase was a long time ago. I don’t think they would unleash an incomplete mechanism to try and make Fiverr more efficient.

But based on how AI works, it is constantly learning and therefore, constantly becoming more efficient in making a “perfect” match.

Though maybe it depends whether it’s only used to set the weights of all the variables for the search and category pages (though they also have used it for the banner things). Once they’ve set the weights it might not re-learn until they maybe manual re-run it (or automatically on a probably less than daily basis), to either re-learn with the same variables (inputs) with new data or try adding new variables (inputs). Like I said I don’t think the learning can be a constant real-time thing.

Maybe if someone from Fiverr Engineering could join the discussion it could help clarify roughly the way it is.

• Like 31

Though maybe it depends whether it’s only used to set the weights of all the variables for the search and category pages (though they also have used it for the banner things). Once they’ve set the weights it might not re-learn until they maybe manual re-run it (or automatically on a probably less than daily basis), to either re-learn with the same variables (inputs) with new data or try adding new variables (inputs). Like I said I don’t think the learning can be a constant real-time thing.

Maybe if someone from Fiverr Engineering could join the discussion it could help clarify roughly the way it is.

Great idea, I would love to hear something from fiverr engineers. If fiverr could host at least one backend developer who could answer at least some of our questions it would be amazing.

• Like 31

Fat chance of that ever happening I’m afraid.

Thank you for the above comment though. As I’ve said many times before, I am really not getting how ML works in general.

OK so it may not be as real-time as I initially thought, but from conversations I’ve had with multiple Fiverr contacts, they all repeat the same thing, over and over again:

Every time a buyer searches, the results they get are highly dynamic. Each time your gig appears, its position and the positions of other gigs are carefully calculated, based on a great number of things.

(I’m paraphrasing, but that’s the gist of it.)

• Like 30