Tell Me Something Unusual/Unique About You That Is Not On Your Resume

looseink

Okay...

I'll start the ball rolling.

Three things about me:

1) I'm ambidextrious (look it up if you have to...lol)

2) I'm a kidney cancer survivor (although I did not know the tumour was cancerous until it was removed, so, that reduced my stress while waiting 14-months for an opening on the operation list).

3) I'm recovering from congestive heart failure (AFib to be precise, and I am much stronger these days than I was a year ago).

Your turn - you don't have to list three, but if you have 'em, let's hear 'em!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

I haven't posted in a long time on the forum, but this topic ignited my forum flame (and my self-reflecting one at that). Thank you @looseink, it's good to have you back! And it's also good to read you're stronger than before 💪

1) I still have 4 of my baby teeth, because no 'adult' teeth are below them. So if they fall out, I'll be toothless there.

2) When I flare my nostrils I get a dimple in my chin (do I get points for this pointless fact?). 

3) I love doing my nails and, albeit amateurish, painting nail art on them. These canvasses are very tiny, so it can get quite challenging to succeed 😅

• Like 14
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1) My lime & pepper pulled pork is an oft requested dish at company potlucks. I made the recipe as part of an inside joke with a co-worker, and it just happened to click. It wasn't supposed to be good.
2) I got added by nickname to the "newbie guides" for an old EVE-like webgame (TDZK) as a key example of someone to avoid while playing. It wasn't that I would harm the newbies, but that the groups who were hunting me would.
3) There's a guest room in the basement of my grandparents house that both older and younger generations than mine are fine to sleep in like it's a normal room. But, no one in my generation (siblings, cousins, neighbors) is willing to sleep in the room, and we all feel very uncomfortable even being in the room briefly to get something. The consensus theory is that our grandfather must have acted like the room was haunted in front of us when we were children to keep us out of it because that's where he kept his moonshine stills at the time and he didn't want us messing with them.

• Like 16
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm...unique...

1. I think I've rescued/fostered over 30 cats in my life.
2. My friend calls me "a psychopath with a conscience" ( whatever that means)
3. According to my mother, she "accidentally dropped me in an EMPTY bath tub when I was a baby but I survived" ( and that explains my abnormal behavior)

• Like 18
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

I haven't posted in a long time on the forum, but this topic ignited my forum flame (and my self-reflecting one at that). Thank you @looseink

Same for me.

Until my 30s (I am 48 now) I used to see lots of horror movies and shows in the theater or on TV without any issues but I don't know over the years when and what happened, now I can't bear to even hear the horror movie sound from a nearby room watching in theater is next to impossible for me.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Okay, here are three unique things about me:

1. When I was 18, my thumb was crushed and cut off just below the nail bed in a farming accident caused by heavy machinery. My dad rushed me to the doctor's office, where it was sewn back on. Now it is a bit crooked.

2. My dad had nine sisters and three brothers. Each of them had six or more children, so I have over 80 first cousins.

3. As a farmer's daughter, I learned to drive a truck when I was ten so I could help my dad during harvest.    

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 24
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

1. I had four girlfriends simultaneously in 1st grade and juggled them elegantly without anyone being the wiser – until I found out all four also had multiple boyfriends. Lesson learned. 

2. I have an abnormal, unhealthy, and intensely disproportional hatred for waking up in the morning, to the point of it being painful. I always need one hour more. 

3. Vegans deeply distress me. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 8
  • Thanks 2

1 - I once gave someone a concussion with a stunt kite (The fool ran under it before I could safely land it.)

2 - I haven't met a type of cheese I don't like.

3 - I once 'ran away from home' on the family's riding lawnmower. (I didn't get far... they could track me easily from the noise.)

• Like 11
  • Haha 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  I am the UK's only Tom Hanks Lookalike.  ( As you can imagine, it was a hoot growing up and attending school when Forrest Gump was released)  

2. I have an unhealthy phobia of sharks, to the point where I will not go into the sea ( Thank you Mr Spielberg) 

3. I was on the guest list for the first Disney themed wedding in the UK.  (one of the most surreal moments in my life to date),  especially we you see a bride walked down the aisle by 7 dwarfs.  

• Like 14
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

1. Dad jokes, puns, word plays, and corny jokes make me really happy. 😊

2. As organized as I am when I work, I'm extremely scatterbrained and forgetful in my personal life (for example, running around the house looking for keys that were in my hand the whole time or going to the store for milk, only to buy everything but milk or stopping at a stop sign ... and forgetting to "go" again).

3. I am very reactive when I watch movies - my kids make fun of my audible gasps, loud guffaws, weeping, and short bursts of exclamations (such as "Oh no!").

• Like 19
  • Haha 6
  • Congrats! 1

45 minutes ago, vickieito said:

3. I am very reactive when I watch movies - my kids make fun of my audible gasps, loud guffaws, weeping, and short bursts of exclamations (such as "Oh no!").

That makes you a great moviegoer. I much prefer this type of people when compared to those that have no emotions. 

45 minutes ago, vickieito said:

As organized as I am when I work, I'm extremely scatterbrained and forgetful in my personal life

I am pretty sure we are not alone in this, a lot of successful freelancers are dealing with this type of stuff. 

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Not as interesting and unique as others but still, this is all I could remember 😅

1- I once discreetly tossed a meat chunk my mama fed me. It just wasn't my thing. Oops, sorry, Mom!

2- College days: Fell hard from a bus, but stood up like a boss because everyone was watching!

3- Nights are my jam! I hate sleeping at night; I'm most productive and alive when the moon is up.

4-Pasta is my ultimate obsession. I could eat it every day without getting tired of it! 

5-Despite my strong appearance, losing people really scares me. I'm not as tough as I seem.

6- I swing between extremes – super lazy or hyperactive. No middle ground for me!

• Like 17
  • Congrats! 2

1. I started my career at the age of 4 as a child actor. (Got a few commercials and some kid’s tv shows appearances before calling it quits)

2. I collect retro Jordan sneakers like nobody’s business 

3. Due to a rough childhood, I am able to read every room I am in and sense people’s mood and intent

• Like 19
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, frank_d said:

Due to a rough childhood, I am able to read every room I am in and sense people’s mood and intent

Snap. It's a blessing and a curse. 

1. I like to eat raw garlic and cheese on toast, but only when I don't need to see anyone. 

2. I'm an expert on IOI's Hitman.

3. I regularly attend silent meditation retreats, particularly after too many visits to the forum. 

4. I used to be a pretty good pool player. Men would regularly challenge me and put money down on the table, money that they regularly lost, along with their pride. 

• Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leannelrivers said:

I like to eat raw garlic

WOAH, raw garlic!!? I love love love garlic, but the raw ones just makes my eyes tear up. If it's roasted/fried though....they are so dangerously tasty!

On 6/30/2023 at 11:41 PM, breals said:

e you see a bride walked down the aisle by 7 dwarfs.  

I'd love to see a photo of that.

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zeus777 said:

WOAH, raw garlic!!? I love love love garlic, but the raw ones just makes my eyes tear up. If it's roasted/fried though....they are so dangerously tasty!

I'd love to see a photo of that.

I eat raw garlic too. I've also been known to pop a habanero pepper or two. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, leannelrivers said:

2. I'm an expert on IOI's Hitman.

Cool, I like Hitman too, but due to my action game and RPG background, I tend to be way too trigger happy and focus less on Stealth. Still love the game, especially the roguelike aspect they added with one of their latest patches. 

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Cool, I like Hitman too, but due to my action game and RPG background, I tend to be way too trigger happy and focus less on Stealth. Still love the game, especially the roguelike aspect they added with one of their latest patches. 

I get really stressed out with action games and shooters, so stealth suits me perfectly. And yeah, the new freelancer patch is great and much more challenging. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

I'll always love Blood Money, but the combined games in World of Assassination are amazing. 

World of Assassination for me too, but just because there's a lot of content and I can avoid going Stealth mode if I want.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1