How will the new Shutterstock change affect those who already have a subscription plan for Depositphotos?

lilithx

Question

How will the new Shutterstock change affect for those who already have a subscription plan for Depositphotos? Can we no longer include commercially licensed images within our project through Depositphotos? Are we forced to use Shutterstock now? Can anyone clarify this?

Thank you.

Edited by lilithx
  • Like 10

8 answers to this question

Hey all, Yoav here, I manage the Creative Verticals at Fiverr and am part of the team leading this project with Shutterstock.

As some mentioned above, Getty used to be the platform we worked with, but that was way outdated and we decided to provide you with a better integration that would cover more types of assets, which you'll be able to sell as part of your packages or as extras.

Yes - we removed some pricing elements in order to avoid redundancy in your packages (imagine "background music" and "licensed music" being shown together) but - that doesn't mean you can't use other existing subscriptions you might have on other platforms, you'd just need to write about it in your Gig description and we as Fiverr, won't be able to provide our buyers with any confirmation that assets used in deliveries are licensed unless licensed through Shutterstock.

This is an exciting feature in our opinion, because it increases credibility for the assets used in your works and if you try out the Stock media tab in the order page you'll find a beautiful experience which is only going to improve.

If you have any feedback to share, negative or positive, I'd be happy to take any questions.

Cheers

Edited by editorial_video
  • Like 6

@lilithx as specifically stated by Deposit Photos TOS you can use their pictures for book covers (up to 500'000 physical copies and unlimited digital copies) 👍 

The Shutterstock and Fiverr part has nothing to do with what you are doing. That is an addition Fiverr gave to sellers to ease somehow the translactions(?) (and make themselves also some extra bucks for referring), but you are not compelled to use Shutterstock for ANY kind of graphic work.

You can choose the source you like the most.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

Sorry I am confused, is this related to Fiverr somehow? This forum is typically for Fiverr related questions so im not sure if we'll be of much help unless I'm missing some key context here haha

Yes, I received an e-mail from Fiverr:

-----------------------------------

We're changing stock-related pricing factors in your packages

The pricing factors that will no longer be available in your packages are:

• Background music
  • Premium quality image
  • Stock image
  • Stock footage

If you want to offer licensed media (including images, video footage, or music) in your Gigs, you can do so through our Shutterstock integration.

To include licensed media in your Gigs, switch to these pricing factors:

• Commercially licensed music tracks
  • Commercially licensed video clips
  • Commercially licensed images
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, melanielm said:

The former stock site Fiverr used was Getty Images, not Deposit Photos. You could never sell stock photo rights directly from Deposit Photos anywhere. It's against their licensing terms.

I create book covers with licensed commercial images as well as creating other graphics that include commercially licensed images. But, now I'm thinking this change doesn't apply to me since I'm not selling stock rights, but a finished project which the user can use commercially to sell their product.

• Like 5

On 8/31/2022 at 11:36 AM, samus_x said:

@lilithx as specifically stated by Deposit Photos TOS you can use their pictures for book covers (up to 500'000 physical copies and unlimited digital copies) 👍 

The Shutterstock and Fiverr part has nothing to do with what you are doing. That is an addition Fiverr gave to sellers to ease somehow the translactions(?) (and make themselves also some extra bucks for referring), but you are not compelled to use Shutterstock for ANY kind of graphic work.

You can choose the source you like the most.

Thanks for clarifying!

• Like 4

On 8/31/2022 at 2:30 PM, editorial_video said:

Hey all, Yoav here, I manage the Creative Verticals at Fiverr and am part of the team leading this project with Shutterstock.

As some mentioned above, Getty used to be the platform we worked with, but that was way outdated and we decided to provide you with a better integration that would cover more types of assets, which you'll be able to sell as part of your packages or as extras.

Yes - we removed some pricing elements in order to avoid redundancy in your packages (imagine "background music" and "licensed music" being shown together) but - that doesn't mean you can't use other existing subscriptions you might have on other platforms, you'd just need to write about it in your Gig description and we as Fiverr, won't be able to provide our buyers with any confirmation that assets used in deliveries are licensed unless licensed through Shutterstock.

This is an exciting feature in our opinion, because it increases credibility for the assets used in your works and if you try out the Stock media tab in the order page you'll find a beautiful experience which is only going to improve.

If you have any feedback to share, negative or positive, I'd be happy to take any questions.

Cheers

Thank you for clarifying!

• Like 3