DO This, Not That! (Part 3 of the Seller Tip Trilogy)

authoreva

Just now, corsogr said:

The clever guy once he understands the BS he did, stops while the a*****e once he understands the BS he did, continues.

Why do you insist on not stopping, then? You have zero credibility. What you say is baloney 90% of the time. You are not successful. You are a joke in the forums. Like, what's the point?

• Like 33

15 minutes ago, corsogr said:

The woman this guy is referring to is not on Fiverr and is my relative (my aunt actually, sister of my father) who is a writer too in real life and offers her services on other freelancing sites. Since you indirectly asked, this is all you need to know.

Weird that they have the exact same username and way of writing as you, but I will leave it at that. 🙂

EDIT: There are also other factors that point toward you being the same person, but I will not share them as I seem to have struck a nerve.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 35

6 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

The person has a gig for "Boosting Forum Traffic." I have often wondered if Fiverr hired him to do what he does on the Fiverr Forum to increase engagement. I for one do not engage he or she which ever the case may be. 🤔

and 16/39 reviews from the same user with varying degrees of aggressive satisfaction such as "THANK YOU VERY MUCH" and "Many thanks for the help, and your kind services!!!!! Always a pleasure !!!!!! 😊" 🤔😄

• Like 25
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, melanielm said:
  • Don't put all your eggs in one basket. (Don't rely on income from one source.)
  • Don't undervalue yourself.
  • Choose who you work with wisely. While this is harder on Fiverr because some people just order and you have to work for/with them, jumping on any chance offered often results in more headaches than it's worth.
  • Keep building your marketable skills AND understanding of how to run and grow your business.

Thanks a lot! Great advice. Working a lot on e-commerce in general at the moment, it's harder than it looks 😄

• Like 30

21 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Weird that they have the exact same username and way of writing as you, but I will leave it at that. 🙂

19 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Maybe the weird style and heavy thesaurus usage runs in the family. Probably genetic.

One of the best advices you got as a freelancer. 😉

Edited by maitasun
  • Like 22
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, arobindha_halde said:

Sir...

If I'm on social media and not on fiverr, will Bayer look at me on online?

While the global pharmaceutical company "Bayer" may have no interest in looking at you online or otherwise, the buyers will see your gigs either way.

• Like 20
  • Haha 6

When I first started, I cast a wide net of gigs with lots of different ideas for things people could hire me to do. I found some that I liked to do and some that I hated, but I did them all with passion and got lots of good reviews. Some of them were friends and acquaintances hiring me to do things for them for far cheaper than the work was worth, but I was happy to get those reviews. 

As time went by, I found out which gigs were a good combination of things I liked to do and people were willing to pay more than $5 for. I paused the gigs that were less fun and less profitable - not deleting them because you never know when a dry period will strike and I'll need those old gigs back again. And I slowly started raising my prices on things that paid well and made me happy.

The best possible advice I have gotten is this - if you say yes to everything you will always be busy with things you hate. Say yes only to the things you really want to do and there will be more space in your life for those things. Now I almost always have a full queue of things that make me happy and pay pretty well. I can still do better but I've come really, really far.

• Like 28

Excellent take! The problem with most sellers complaining is that they aren't willing to wait. They read somewhere that Fiverr was a good way to make quick money, so they desperately chase every single lead, and then they don't understand when it doesn't work for them.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 26

I think that from reading so many tips I came to a conclusion that I think can guide us, I am still a novice in this world, but I think that as a general advice make your service stand out, not only because of how flashy your concert is, but because as a person you really bring value to buyers.
One of the most important things is to take care of your clients, at the beginning it is a bit complex to have buyers, but when you get buyers, take care of them a lot, show them your interest, that you do things well and that you are kind, generally if the clients feel well treated they will come back and that gives you more credibility =D

• Like 29

5 hours ago, vibronx said:

I am also a buyer on Fiverr. I have purchased more than 200 services. Only once, one single time, have I looked at who was online as I needed something fast (4 years ago now). Most of the time, I could not care less. I message you because I want to work with YOU, not someone else. I will wait for you to respond. Another buyer on here posted something similar recently, so I am pretty sure I am not the only one who operates in this way as a buyer.

Also, as an experienced seller, I will tell you that it can be a nightmare to work with a buyer who wants something done urgently or ASAP (I have really gotten to hate seeing those two words). They are often the most difficult to please.

So, all in all, my opinion is that being online is a waste of time. I get most of my inquiries when I am offline. Spend your time learning instead of mindlessly refreshing a page.

Totally concur with you @vibronx ..

My most favorite orders on Fiverr came from Buyers who read the gig thoroughly, pinged when I was offline and wanted to use my skills for their business goals. 🙂 

I have seen many gigs mentioning '24 hour express delivery' or 'their own 24 X 7 availability' which I feel is are slightly 'overboard/desperate' kinda practices and they spoil the market place. Like you said, a good buyer would wait for the response and likewise quality work (from me ie the seller) will also come out in due time only (with occasional reasonable exceptions).

PS There are always contingencies which can and should be taken care of, when someone GENUINELY needs something urgently. But it can't become the way of life and business. 

• Like 25

The best advice I've received since becoming a freelancer?

Nothing.

I sort of "lone wolfed" my way through this career change plotting my own path.

Do I know everything there is to know about freelancing?

Of course not, but in the 7+ years I've been doing it I have made it a fun career.

Could I do better?

Probably, but I like where I am now and only have myself to credit or blame.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

These tips/suggestions can guide your journey coming ahead:

• ✔ Stick to your talent-- Don't select the Freelancing task to do just for the reason that they are popular and in demands usually. Stick to your best skills. And work for the same. Or, the most you can learn new skills, but it will take time. So better apply what you know the maximum.
  • ✔ Transparent-- Whatever services you are offering must be explained with those inclusions only, which you are going to provide for sure and almost perfect with them.
  • ✔ Committed-- You may face unexpected responses from the buyers, there you need to put a calmness and wise thoughts to handle the situation. Keep in your mind that Freelancing websites are strict with their ToS.
  • ✔ Patience-- Yes this is the key. But it doesn't mean in anyways that you aren going to sit ideally. Put in your efforts with learning in depth about your talent skills alongside. It may take One day or one year to grab the first order. Be 》with your Hope and hardship in finding the legit ways to grab the orders quite earlier. Don't worry there are many.
  • ✔ Selection-- Choose the Freelancing platform, that actually suits the best of your skill or highly relatable with your talent. 》For example-- You are a web developer but trying primarily on a platform which is dominantly projected for graphic designing. Here you might get an order but it shouldn't be your first choice. Find your platform.
  • ✔ Be aware-- This is highly crucial. You must be aware of minute to minute details like Terms and conditions or Payment withdrawals methods, service commission etc. A single mistake (unintentional or intentional)》 may lead to blockage of your account.
  • ✔ Yourself at the best-- It hints for the fact that your profile and all the segments like description, your credentials as asked by the Freelancing platform must be 100% accurate and filled completely with all required relevant details. 》Like at Fiverr there is a Fiverr Gig-- So you must craft the same with the best possible appearance and all required features. Same with other platforms also, you need to be update yourself in time.
  • ✔ Conversations-- It might appear non required but it matters alot in grabbing orders, you must educate yourself how to converse with buyers in most appropriate ways. 》You can find the relevant supported information online. Google it.

I hope these will help.

Good Luck! :classic_rolleyes:

designer_press

• Like 24

9 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Well, the best advice I've ever received as a freelancer was: "Be a freelancer".

I'm here, I'm doing well, and I love my job! Best advice ever! 😉 

I'm glad to hear it! I'm still ways away from being able to fully sustain myself doing only freelance work, but I really enjoy the process of it. One day 😊

• Like 23

On 7/20/2021 at 6:06 PM, gajuseidi said:

While doing freelance work, I realised how many areas there are, where I could still be improving or polishing my already acquired skills. One of the most valuable advices I've gotten is to be patient and graceful with your customers whatever the case might be. What advice helped you the most in your freelance journey?

Most of the valuable advice this article we should every seller follow it.

• Like 23

On 7/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, leannelrivers said:

The Freelance Fear is legit!

I know, right. It’s like the universe will get upset with me and consider me ungrateful. 🙂

On 7/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, gajuseidi said:

there is this feeling of needing to do absolutely anything to get the ball rolling,

There is a different kind of excitement in being able to deal with everything fiverr (or any other customer, for the matter) throws at you when you’re building a profile. As long as the task itself doesn’t give you chest pains, it’s all good. 🙂 I did have to remove all the mentions of retouching from my page pretty quickly, though, because the requests weren’t even CSI-level. People just wanted pure magic, especially in 2015 when the phone cameras were much worse than they are now. 

• Like 24