Confusing interface- new problem. Fiverr team, please read this! (From TRS/Pro)

I’m posting this message in hopes it will be seen by a higher-up at Fiverr, as messages to customer support don’t seem to go anywhere.

I’m a Pro/TRS seller and LOVE Fiverr! I’ve been here since 2012 and it’s an awesome place to find fun projects and build great relationships. 

Here’s the problem: 

I’ve been noticing buyers select “areas for improvement” alongside a 4 star review (very good) for categories that absolutely don’t make sense. For instance, a client will tell me they love the quality, communication was great, etc. and yet they’ll click a button that says I need to work on professionalism, quality, etc. Huh? I’m so open to feedback but there’s no way these happy clients think I need to improve professionalism.  

So, out of curiosity, I pulled up the app as a buyer and selected the “very good” emoji to rate a seller. It presented me with various options such as creativity, quality, professionalism, etc. There is no indication whether I’m selecting what went right or wrong. One would assume after selecting “very good," they are selecting the areas that were good. However, they’re actually selecting what was wrong. Why are 4-star reviewers being prompted to select what went wrong and why is this page  not labeled as such? 

I applaud Fiverr’s effort to be more transparent and get honest reviews, but this part of the interface is confusing. Why would this page not be labeled as “what went wrong” or “areas for improvement?”

Fiverr team, if you're going to prompt happy 4-star reviewers to list what to improve, could you at least label this page as such? It’s so devastating to offer superb customer service and deliver great products, then be dinged for things like “professionalism” and “quality” from happy clients who thought these areas were “VERY GOOD.” 

These reviews are not honest and transparent. They’re from confused buyers.  Again I love the system and know you have quirks to work out. Hopefully this will be at the top of your list. 

IMG_0543.PNG

Edited by alliemadison12
misspelling
  • Like 15
  • Up 10

9 minutes ago, alliemadison12 said:

There is no indication whether I’m selecting what went right or wrong.

That smiley seems to be indicating that they're marking what went well, not what went wrong.

The only hint that they're marking what went wrong is "closer to my expectations"; that one does look as if the buyer wanted the delivered work to be closer to their expectations.

11 minutes ago, alliemadison12 said:

One would assume after selecting “very good," they are selecting the areas that were good.

I suppose that, if the buyer chooses anything less than 5 stars, Fiverr asks them what went wrong.

But it should be clearly stated on that page.

Out of curiosity, can you check if the situation is the same if you're reviewing from a desktop computer (or laptop), instead of the phone app?

• Like 6

I can't believe they could do this!! 😔

There have been tons of messages on the forum saying that client reviews weren't consistent, but for Fiverr, everything is fine...

head sand.JPG

• Like 9
  • Up 3

11 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Out of curiosity, can you check if the situation is the same if you're reviewing from a desktop computer (or laptop), instead of the phone app?

image.png.8d12bb1ff254eb7d8f5ed0c215d77ded.pngOn desktop it says "what could be improved." I think it's a little odd to ask 4-star "very good" reviewers what could be improved, but at least it's labeled as such 

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, alliemadison12 said:

On desktop it says "what could be improved."

Thank you!

Now, I'm not sure we're allowed to ask buyers to rate us from their desktop computers, and not from their apps...

38 minutes ago, alliemadison12 said:

I think it's a little odd to ask 4-star "very good" reviewers

Fiverr is odd. With the new review and level system, they're trying to convince us that having all 5-star reviews isn't important, but those who, say, have all 4-star reviews would lose their level and all the perks and features that come with it.

@Kesha, can you please pass on what @alliemadison12 noticed about the reviews made from the app to the relevant team? This could seriously harm a lot of sellers if their buyers are busy and leaving their reviews from their phones.

• Like 7
  • Up 6

I wonder if on the app buyers also have the opportunity to see the rating they assigned to the seller before they approve it. If there is a "back button" to fix their error this might help avoid (to a degree) a rating that was not intended. So, if there is such a button, Fiverr might consider the problem non-existent. It does not protect the sellers from non-attentive buyers, though.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, nadiappp said:

I wonder if on the app buyers also have the opportunity to see the rating they assigned to the seller before they approve it. If there is a "back button" to fix their error this might help avoid (to a degree) a rating that was not intended. So, if there is such a button, Fiverr might consider the problem non-existent. It does not protect the sellers from non-attentive buyers, though.

It shows a star rating at the end, but clients are busy and there’s still no indication they were asked to select areas for improvement 

IMG_0544.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, alliemadison12 said:

It shows a star rating at the end, but clients are busy and there’s still no indication they were asked to select areas for improvement 

Is there a back button anywhere on that screen? Fiverr's argument is that the final rating is shown and that there's an option to go back and change the rating, so that buyers who see rating they didn't intend to give can go back and fix it.

Another user mentioned that there's a back button on the desktop version, but she had to scroll waaaay down to find it (which is counterintuitive, of course, and not something that everyone will do).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, catwriter said:

Is there a back button anywhere on that screen?

Yes, it’s in the top left corner. My concern though is the fact that buyers are clicking categories for what went wrong without knowing so, because it’s not labeled as such and a back button doesn’t solve that problem 

• Like 4
  • Up 3

1 hour ago, alliemadison12 said:

My concern though is the fact that buyers are clicking categories for what went wrong without knowing so, because it’s not labeled as such and a back button doesn’t solve that problem 

It can solve it if they didn't mean to give 4 stars. If they give 5 stars, categories will be for what went well.

Still, yes, this is either a huge oversight... Or intentional. And this is detrimental not only for sellers, but to the buying experience, as well. Buyers have every right to be able to make an informed decision about what they're clicking/tapping on.

• Like 3
  • Up 4

I’m glad I saw this! I just got a review from someone who gave me 4/4/5 and said I needed improvement in delivery time (it was delivered early), communication, and quality of delivery. But their review said they loved the audio and it was what they wanted. 

UGH….. fiverr get it together please!

• Like 5

Don't worry, we've been pointing this out for weeks. Fiverr listened and changed a sentence.

The rest is a-OK. Those of us who remember how Fiverr handled the cancellation review outrage will remember they only changed a very small thing too. I don't remember what it was now. 

Mind you, I thought cancellation reviews was a good idea. This is just a turd-plated turd-rate idea made from turds with turd sprinkles. 

If we're lucky, someone will come and mumble something about "oversights" and change it. Or just change it without saying anything.

If this system wasn't designed to punish sellers, then its architects are terrible ones who do not understand that one builds with intent before design. 

(Edit to add: the app has always been an afterthought for Fiverr - you can tell because it frequently creates problems from what I can only imagine is sloppy and slapdash execution, probably made worse by poor internal communications and lack of rigorous QA)

image.png.44fa0ddb0da37be041d16f313a39d7ff.png

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 7

So the real issue here is that Fiverr sees a 4star review as a bad review but then uses a smiley face emoji that any logical person would assume is positive / happy. THE ICON THEY USE IS LITERALLY THE IPHONE EMOJI FOR "HAPPY"!

Capture.PNG

Edited by dereck_s
  • Like 4
  • Up 3

It wouldn't really matter so much if these "room for improvements" were

a) consistently highlighted

b) weren't attached to metrics (i.e. informational)

c) didn't potentially mean demotion, loss of income, etc. 

d) fiverr was being a smidge more transparent 

e) fiverr didn't only just change "value for money" to "value of delivery" as the one token of transparency and listening

f) had implemented a new rating system that wasn't wet caca dripping of old, cold, and soggy toast made from cheap white bread slices

I'm pleased to have wasted another couple of minutes of my life telling a company that only listens to its own voice. Does Fiverr know the Greek myth of Narcissus? He thought he was gorgeous and eventually died because he couldn't stop staring at his wonderful face in a pool of water, so he died of starvation and/or thirst (the myth is not terribly specific on this point). 

Or perhaps the great Ozymandias? Look upon my works ye mighty and despair! 

Oh well, it's not like any of this matters so long as a small group of people get richer off the back of a) sellers' hard work and b) buyers' lost money to the scammers that Fiverr has a terminal inability to properly combat, instead prefering to rely on inadequate AI systems that any regular user of the platform can tell the company don't work.

And so, we return to the problem of Narcissus. 

Well, I just wasted another couple of minutes spilling pretentious guffalo into the void. Time to go and do something more productive like get frustrated with Notion databases now. 

Edited by emmaki
I made my toast more disgusting. thank me later.
  • Like 5
  • Up 5

On 3/3/2024 at 3:37 PM, alliemadison12 said:

So, out of curiosity, I pulled up the app as a buyer and selected the “very good” emoji to rate a seller. It presented me with various options such as creativity, quality, professionalism, etc. There is no indication whether I’m selecting what went right or wrong. One would assume after selecting “very good," they are selecting the areas that were good. However, they’re actually selecting what was wrong. Why are 4-star reviewers being prompted to select what went wrong and why is this page  not labeled as such? 

IMG_0543.PNG

This is just splendid.

And we are supposed to believe that the algorithm responsible for the seller Success Sore is implemented correctly...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, aubergine07 said:

I’m glad I saw this! I just got a review from someone who gave me 4/4/5 and said I needed improvement in delivery time (it was delivered early), communication, and quality of delivery. But their review said they loved the audio and it was what they wanted. 

UGH….. fiverr get it together please!

I am really glad too!

Looks like I am a victim of this ridiculous update. I delivered a five day turnaround service in just 4 hours, and also had the 'Needed improvement in delivery time'.

Whoever designed and executed this update needs to be answerable.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, paultoole1 said:

I am really glad too!

Looks like I am a victim of this ridiculous update. I delivered a five day turnaround service in just 4 hours, and also had the 'Needed improvement in delivery time'.

Whoever designed and executed this update needs to be answerable.

Contact your success manager. Hopefully they'll hear us eventually and implement a change. Your buyer clearly appreciated a fast turnaround time but now it's in the system as an area to work on 

Edited by alliemadison12
Mistyped punctuation
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, alliemadison12 said:

Contact your success manager. Hopefully they'll hear us eventually and implement a change. Your buyer clearly appreciated a fast turnaround time but now it's in the system as an area to work on 

Will do Allie. We're both longtime sellers in the same field, so I am quite glad it's not only me experiencing this. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Kesha is out at the moment but I am more than happy to elaborate on this. We had a bug on the IOS app, but as of Sunday, we released an update that should resolve this issue, and limit the confusion. 

We'll make an official post regarding this soon!

• Like 3

On 3/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, Lyndsey_Fiverr said:

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. Kesha is out at the moment but I am more than happy to elaborate on this. We had a bug on the IOS app, but as of Sunday, we released an update that should resolve this issue, and limit the confusion. 

We'll make an official post regarding this soon!

Thanks so much for updating this! 🙏

• Like 1