A 2 years old account or a new account, Which is better?

jahodan

Question

I have a Fiverr seller account which was created in 2022. But only created and logged out. Now I want to start selling on Fiverr. Can someone give me any suggestion that what should I do? Should I start selling on that old account or to create a new one? Which is best for selling?

Please guide me guys especially @Lena@milos_siena, @Kesha.

• Like 12

25 answers to this question

6 hours ago, jahodan said:

I personally know many people who have more than 2 Fiverr seller accounts and they are running without any restrictions. May there are some rules for creating multiple accounts legally.

There are no such rules.

Having 2 or more seller accounts is strictly forbidden. No exception.

3 hours ago, emmaki said:

Oh dear... 

I shall say no more. 

Have you seen the OP's gig? Read the description?

• Like 4

Fiverr does have a seller approval process now, you know. 

The question isn't whether you should start a new account, but whether your services are good enough. And, perhaps, the correct way to deactivate a Fiverr account, because most people in your shoes skip the most important part and end up getting hit with a multiple account problem. 

The best thing you can do is some research and decide for yourself. 

• Like 13

Thanks dear @emmaki for your time and reply!
I'm totally aware of all the things that you are pointing in your reply! I can handle all these problems but I am confused about working on an old account or a new one. That's why I questioned that. Anyway thanks again for your kind, experienced, and positive response.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, jahodan said:

I have a Fiverr seller account which was created in 2022. But only created and logged out. Now I want to start selling on Fiverr. Can someone give me any suggestion that what should I do? Should I start selling on that old account or to create a new one? Which is best for selling?

Purely my personal opinion is to keep realities open to face with.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, jahodan said:

Don't create a new account! Continue with the old one that you already have because if you create a new account you'll probably get hit with a TOS Violation of multiple accounts.

Now the question is why you wanna create a new account if you already have one?

• Like 12

Thanks @ahmad_freelancr for you kind suggestion. The answer of you question is that I don't want low impression and click rate caused by older or new account. If impressions don't rely on it then old is ok. But the question is " Impressions depends on such old or new thing or not?"

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your kind advice dear @aimriser. In return I want to clear your concept. I personally know many people who have more than 2 Fiverr seller accounts and they are running without any restrictions. May there are some rules for creating multiple accounts legally.

Edited by jahodan
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, jahodan said:

I personally know many people who have more than 2 Fiverr seller accounts and they are running without any restrictions. May there are some rules for creating multiple accounts legally.

Not surprising but amusing!! 🫠

1 hour ago, jahodan said:

don't want low impression and click rate caused by older or new account. If impressions don't rely on it then old is ok. But the question is " Impressions depends on such old or new thing or not?"

How do you know all this if you have never sold anything on the platform?? 

• Like 6

The impression and click rates of your gigs do not depend on whether your account is old or new. Instead, they rely on your gig's title, description, and Image SEO. So you can use old account. Having an older account might make buyer trust you more because scammers often make new accounts. The other hand, creating multiple accounts is against the Terms of Service, so making a new one could get you into trouble.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Have you seen the OP's gig? Read the description?

Who wouldn't fail to be impressed by a nice young man who speaks 7 languages and who has helped 5,700 people to get their dream job over 9+ years with a 100% success rate? 🥰

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

If you need instant and short-term results, go for New Account, as Fiverr will give a chance to new sellers also. And in most cases, it might be possible that Fiverr gives new people more weightage if your skills are in trend. However, if you think from a buyer's perspective, the older, the better.

If I were at your place, I would definitely go with the old ones and push harder in optimizing Gigs on a daily basis.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mandyzines said:

That's seems mental illness-inducing. How would you even know what's working and what isn't?

They won't. And it won't solve a very, very fundamental problem that OP has.

Apropos of nothing, one seller who came to reddit (not OP) a few months ago to tell the world how he was the most successful poster in the CV/resume niche got a lot of attention for making vast sums of money. Elsewhere on Reddit, they told other (less impressed) people how they had had their Fiverr account valued at $250,000 (no, really). In yet another place on Reddit, I learned everything about their business model and scaling ( = outsourcing). He also advises stuffing multiple bonuses (PLR) into the delivery to add "value" to the order, and had shady things to say about one of the vertical's other top performers who apparently "makes a lot of schoolboy errors" which he has to fix. You know, standard redditor IM bragging stuff.

I was most tickled when this seller posted a long and unhappy post on here shortly after the levels and ranking system was introduced. Alas, despite being one of the very best sellers, his success score was a... I don't remember, but it was low, and he had all the usual complaints. His career was destroyed. He got ChatGPT to rattle off how Fiverr could improve the system so as not to destroy the trust of extremely valuable sellers like him because Fiverr was losing all this revenue he was giving them (not a good argument, considering the buyer probably hires another seller). I found the whole thing deliciously ironic, so I commented that I love it when redditors post on Fiverr, which is basically code for you're nicked, son. Of course, he liked that comment, which tickled me even more.

All I could think was that he was probably more annoyed about how he was no longer able to sell the account for $250k. Not that he ever would have been able to (there are some little "discrepancies" between his boasts on Reddit and what you actually see on the gig). These discrepancies are not just limited to Fiverr and Reddit; on TrustPilot, for example, they have 1 5-star review from someone who shares their surname.

Anyway, r/Fiverr did zero research and absolutely ate it up, with many people deciding that CVs and resumes was now their future. Not one person questioned him. I just checked their profile and they're still selling gigs, just at level 1. They never made TRS. Imagine paying $250k for an account that isn't Pro and was never TRS!

Of course, if you compare OP's gig description with this seller, you will notice that... well, you'll notice what some people might describe as "similarities". You know who I'm talking about, don't you OP?

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 5
  • Up 1