Cancellations are part of the business and will at times be inevitable, but it is important to understand how that can impact your business and how can you, as a seller, manage that to avoid it potentially affecting your buyer’s experience and your baselines requirements that are directly connected to your seller level.

image.thumb.jpeg.a8492ef402658b856554a6b653576192.jpeg

The Order Completion Rate calculates the total amount of orders over the previous 60 days (whether completed or canceled), divided by the number of canceled orders, and then multiplied by 100 to reveal the percentage of orders completed.

First, manage expectations. Your Gig should clearly define what you need to complete an order and a reasonable delivery time that’s fast, efficient for buyers, and comfortable for you as the seller. If the order goes Very Late, the buyer can cancel your order anytime. Complete your Gig’s Frequently Asked Questions section to inform buyers what they should expect and how they can help assure a positive experience. Managing expectations is key to avoiding cancellations.

Whenever possible, communicate with buyers before they purchase your Gig. Within the Gig description, it’s a good practice to let buyers know they should contact you before purchasing for the best experience. This allows both parties to understand what’s involved in the specific job, ensure that you have what you need as a seller to complete the job, and agree to adjust the delivery time if necessary.

image.thumb.png.b2527c618e2c11507dad9f7e5add59d9.png

Equally as important is to communicate with buyers after they purchase your Gig. If there’s a problem with your initial delivery, it’s best to avoid any mention of cancellation as an option. Instead, assure the buyer that your intention is always to complete their order to their satisfaction. Ask them for specific directions regarding revising your delivery.

What if communication with the buyer isn’t working?

Sometimes, an order may have issues beyond your control despite your best efforts. If the buyer is asking for work beyond the scope of your agreement or is problematic for any other reason, don’t hesitate to access the Resolution Center and if you still couldn’t solve the issue, reach out to customer support for guidance and direction. You can direct them to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the order page. There, you may find advice for your specific problem or contact support directly.

Avoiding those cancellations from affecting your Order Completion Rate it’s only part of what you can achieve by following these tips, the most important is that this will help your buyers be more informed, aware of the process and have clear expectations, improving yours and their experience on Fiverr.

Want to read more? Check out some additional articles from the Help Center:

Part of the Seller Plus program and having challenges with cancellations? Connect with your success manager for personalized recommendations.

Edited by adrian_success
  • Like 41
  • Up 8

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 4:56 PM, adrian_success said:

Whenever possible, communicate with buyers before they purchase your Gig.

Isn't it odd that Fiverr's best advice is to communicate to buyers before a gig - and then to gate that action behind Seller Plus Premium, a "nice to have" and "non-essential" feature that costs $39pcm? Or $19, as it is illegally (according to EU law) being advertised on my page. I've bought this up with customer support and they said it was a "visual discrepancy" and that they would get back to me when it was fixed. That was a few days ago. Well, in a few more days, if it is not fixed and some people get the wrong price and live in the EU....

If I had written this article, I would be checking to see if we want to promote SPP and writing this to suggest that it isn't essential but can impact the end price of the order since you can upsell pre-ordering. But does this article do that? No. It just crashes into a wall and reveals a slice of Fiverr greed - and inadvertently reveals that staff are more than aware that sellers being unable to force discussions before ordering creates a lot of problems that end up sucking away a lot of CS time.

What really tickles me is that SP is mentioned at the end of this article, but that there's a whole missed opportunity. I'm not going to talk about SPP, because that wasn't introduced until Feb 18th, almost 3 weeks after this was published. But for now, this article from Fiverr incorrectly states that SP (basic) members have a success manager.

Again, maybe Fiverr should think about hiring a writer who happens to be an expert on Fiverr, freelancing, and does research and can nitpick (or henpeck) articles to death? There's no point telling sellers to contact CS for help with an order sagging under the weight of project creep, since CS will say "talk it out".

I can go on. Then again, I do understand this was a 2023 content marketing strategy that has since been replaced by asking people what their favorite drink is. Either the great well of Fiverr-specific topics has dried up or the company is trying to be more "relatable". I would say that this is semi-succeeding, but more of a plaster over the serious issues on the platform.

And content marketing strategies should include updating old articles which are wrong to avoid confusing users. As I said, article is very out of date. But at least it isn't illegal. Unlike this:
image.png.a071457335f83dcce71709cbf1c04513.png

Fiverr is perennially out of date, it would seem.

Of course, this may simply be that changing this pricing - which is for a maximum of 200 people only, as it was a "locked in price until cancellation" <--- There's that EU consumer law again <---- may not have been seen as an "economically viable move" when coders have so many other broken things to fix on Fiverr.  So. Fiverr will claw back an extra $4,000 from 200 sellers pcm as a "price alignment", and apparently the loss of trust from 200 sellers it deemed its best - the ones who were invited to SP before anyone else because they already had free success managers, which suggests they were the top earners for the company.... I mean... I am not a business visionary, but Fiverr appears to value the trust and its relationship with sellers incredibly cheaply. It's either that, or there are serious financial issues at Fiverr that aren't quite visible just yet. Between breaking consumer law and most likely EU AI law (not in effect yet), it paints a picture.

I still haven't decided whether to cancel. But you can bet that I will be kicking up a fuss on May 18th if I'm charged $39 when it is advertised as $19 - the price to which I agreed based on very specific terms. On the other hand, I could buy something useful with $39, like a miniature batmobile that was made in China. The paint will flake off as soon as you touch it and the glue will dry out a week later, but it still offers more value than Fiverr's SP program - that this article reveals is nothing more than a cynical cash grab that sellers need to do its own recommended best practice and help CS not be overloaded all the time. But as former CS agents on Glassdoor have said, CS is just a tacked on afterthought for appearances sake, and agents who try to do things get fired.

Still, I expect you know all that.

• Like 11
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, emmaki said:

And content marketing strategies should include updating old articles which are wrong to avoid confusing users.

Yup.  That's the very least to be done when working on SEO ...

• Like 8

Just now, coerdelion said:

Yup.  That's the very least to be done when working on SEO ...

Indeed - and considering that the Fiverr website pretty much dominates any brand name searches currently (Reddit/LinkedIn/Medium parasite articles aside), it means that any SEOs who are working on their blogs to deliver up-to-date, informative, and useful content (as opposed to outdated 2023 infobank AI drivel) are nowhere to be seen. 

And of course, it's a toss-up that coming to the forums will get you a good answer or even factually correct information (regardless of whether employees or random users wrote the content). Google has a lot to answer for. 

• Like 8

On 2/1/2023 at 7:56 PM, adrian_success said:

Cancellations are part of the business and will at times be inevitable, but it is important to understand how that can impact your business and how can you, as a seller, manage that to avoid it potentially affecting your buyer’s experience and your baselines requirements that are directly connected to your seller level.

image.thumb.jpeg.a8492ef402658b856554a6b653576192.jpeg

The Order Completion Rate calculates the total amount of orders over the previous 60 days (whether completed or canceled), divided by the number of canceled orders, and then multiplied by 100 to reveal the percentage of orders completed.

First, manage expectations. Your Gig should clearly define what you need to complete an order and a reasonable delivery time that’s fast, efficient for buyers, and comfortable for you as the seller. If the order goes Very Late, the buyer can cancel your order anytime. Complete your Gig’s Frequently Asked Questions section to inform buyers what they should expect and how they can help assure a positive experience. Managing expectations is key to avoiding cancellations.

Whenever possible, communicate with buyers before they purchase your Gig. Within the Gig description, it’s a good practice to let buyers know they should contact you before purchasing for the best experience. This allows both parties to understand what’s involved in the specific job, ensure that you have what you need as a seller to complete the job, and agree to adjust the delivery time if necessary.

image.thumb.png.b2527c618e2c11507dad9f7e5add59d9.png

Equally as important is to communicate with buyers after they purchase your Gig. If there’s a problem with your initial delivery, it’s best to avoid any mention of cancellation as an option. Instead, assure the buyer that your intention is always to complete their order to their satisfaction. Ask them for specific directions regarding revising your delivery.

What if communication with the buyer isn’t working?

Sometimes, an order may have issues beyond your control despite your best efforts. If the buyer is asking for work beyond the scope of your agreement or is problematic for any other reason, don’t hesitate to access the Resolution Center and if you still couldn’t solve the issue, reach out to customer support for guidance and direction. You can direct them to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the order page. There, you may find advice for your specific problem or contact support directly.

Avoiding those cancellations from affecting your Order Completion Rate it’s only part of what you can achieve by following these tips, the most important is that this will help your buyers be more informed, aware of the process and have clear expectations, improving yours and their experience on Fiverr.

Want to read more? Check out some additional articles from the Help Center:

Part of the Seller Plus program and having challenges with cancellations? Connect with your success manager for personalized recommendations.

Informative guide for members.

• Like 8

As they should be. I still don't love Bing, but the search results are SO MUCH BETTER. I also like Yandex for more "controversial" subjects. Yesterday, I couldn't remember what the Flexner Report was called. Google, Bing, Perplexity, even DDG, useless. Yandex? Had it in minutes. All I had was vague memory of the title but a good idea of what it was about. More than enough to cough up the results unless they're being suppressed.  

But if we're honest, in the event that Google collapses under the weight of its own greed and mismanagement and people start "binging" stuff, it shall only repeat the same cycle. Fundamentally, the whole internet is broken, and it is breaking society with it. 

• Like 5