My Fiverr account was disable after contact with support

Hi, everyone!

I recently created a Fiverr account and published three gigs. all are okay but three or four days before I publish a new gig it shows not appeared in search results yet and waiting for further review. and in the bellow, it shows contact support. Then I contacted support and the subject heading was: My new gig hasn't appeared in search results yet. Waiting for further review.

body: 

Hi Fiverr Support Team,

I'm writing to inquire about the visibility of my recently created gig "[do-photo-color-correction-or-color-change-of-any-product]".

I am concerned because my last three gigs were published perfectly, but this gig shows it needs further review before publishing.

I have already waited 72 hours and haven't seen it appear in search results.

I'd appreciate any information you can share about the expected timeframe for its publication or provide any additional details.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,
Mamunur Rashid

Two three minutes later my account was disabled and they informed me via email. Is it finish everything? The account was disabled by the system not human. 

Could someone please explain to me what policy I violated?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, webdevelopers90 said:

There must be a some reason, some gigs if they violate the Fiverr Policy they disable the account...

I am also looking at the reason. One thing that comes to mind is my use of the phrase "Try before you commit!" as a potential trial offer for clients. Could this be causing the issue?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mamunurrashid_ said:

Right now didn't reply me. I am also looking the reason behind the suspension! 

Okay. Maybe you break Fiverr Rules. They will provide reason very soon!

• Like 3

Ask them with polite language and ask them the reason, and wait for their replay, do not bother them to opening the ticket again and again, one time they removed my gig and also gave me the reason, and I asked then with polite language and requested them, with in 24 hrs they recover my gig, almost I have completed around 10k order on that gig, but for some reason they remove it, and upon request, they recover it again...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I found the reason that is multiple account by mistake:

In 2019, I needed to purchase a service online I bought it from Fiverr and at that time I didn’t think to start becoming a Fiverr seller.

In 2024, when I decided to create a seller account and reviewed Fiverr's policies, I was confident I hadn't previously held a seller account.  Admittedly, I was disappointed to realize I had forgotten about my earlier purchase as a buyer. This was a genuine mistake, and I believe it's one that anyone could make.

Imagine the Scenario:

Imagine a 20-year-old soldier stationed in the US Army attending a family party.  They need Photoshop editing done and find platform through a Google search. They purchase the service from Fiverr and move on. Fast forward 30 years.  Now a retired soldier at 50 years old, they discover they have valuable online skills they wish to sell. They create a Fiverr account, publish a gig, pass the skill tests, and are ready to provide services.

Unfortunately, Fiverr's AI identifies a potential link to a previous account and suspends the new one after review. Does it seem fair to be penalized for a purchase made 30 years ago?  Wouldn't it be more logical to suspend the first account created so long ago and which is not active long time.

My situation closely mirrors this scenario.  In this type of case respectfully request review case with a human touch and consider the human element behind this mistake.  I fully understand and agree Terms of Service and accept responsibility for my oversight.  

However, I urge to use your human judgment in this types of matter.

Thanks Everyone

• Like 1

I recently created my Fiverr journey as a seller and my account was suspended due to multiple accounts, But please carefully read my case:

In 2019, I needed to purchase a service online I bought it from Fiverr and at that time I didn’t think to start becoming a Fiverr seller.

In 2024, when I decided to create a seller account and reviewed Fiverr's policies, I was confident I hadn't previously held a seller account.  Admittedly, I was disappointed to realize I had forgotten about my earlier purchase as a buyer. This was a genuine mistake, and I believe it's one that anyone could make.

Imagine the Scenario:

Imagine a 20-year-old soldier stationed in the US Army attending a family party.  They need Photoshop editing done and find a platform through a Google search. They purchase the service from Fiverr and move on. Fast forward 30 years.  Now a retired soldier at 50 years old, they discover they have valuable online skills they wish to sell. They create a Fiverr account, publish a gig, pass the skill tests, and are ready to provide services.

Unfortunately, Fiverr's AI identifies a potential link to a previous account and suspends the new one after review. Does it seem fair to be penalized for a purchase made 30 years ago?  Wouldn't it be more logical to suspend the first account created so long ago and which has not active long time?

My situation closely mirrors this scenario. I found one previous account after receiving an email from Fiverr customer support, and I had forgotten to buy service as a buyer in 2019. In this type of case respectfully request a review case with a human touch and consider the human element behind this mistake.  I fully understand and agree Terms of Service and accept responsibility for my oversight.  

However, my argument is to use human judgment in this type of matter.

Thanks Everyone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, mamunurrashid_ said:

However, my argument is to use human judgment in this type of matter.

Unfortunately, Fiverr drank the AI kool-aid and uses it for everything. You can try badgering CS about this, but bear in mind that - per usual, despite AI template responses - they are overwhelmed and you will need to keep responding to tickets to  point out that you got the wrong template to get a pound of flesh and blood to respond to you. 

Fiverr didn't exist 30 years ago. The internet barely existed 30 years ago, come to think of it... I was only just about to discover it and its wonderland of anarchy and free thought. How times change. Don't worry though - if you made that mistake when you appealed to CS, rest assured that nobody really read it before the AI told them to click a template reply, so your blushes are spared. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, mamunurrashid_ said:

You can use a single account for buying and selling. There's no buying and selling account. That's why they banned you, because a person can't have two accounts, especially when selling is involved. I know they ban some buyers that have 2 accounts just for buying so.. you can imagine they are even stricter when it comes to sellers. 

• Like 4

While human judgment should be involved, the fact is that you had multiple accounts. So Fiverr's decision was the right one in this case, based on their own rules. I get that it can be confusing, but if you knew you had another account, why not use that one?

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

While human judgment should be involved, the fact is that you had multiple accounts. So Fiverr's decision was the right one in this case, based on their own rules. I get that it can be confusing, but if you knew you had another account, why not use that one?

I already wrote in detail. I didn't even know that I had a previous account, which I created in 2019 to buy a service. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You can use a single account for buying and selling. There's no buying and selling account.

To be fair, if OP swaps his OP account (or asks CS to) to a Pro buyer account, having multiple accounts is perfectly legit! It isn't exactly obvious at a casual glance to someone, considering that Fiverr Pro seller accounts (now "Pro Verified, as if that makes a huge distinction) also exist and all of this information is buried in a help center that's almost impossible to find information in unless you already have a good idea what page stuff is on. 

The simple fact is that Fiverr is at war with multiple accounts due to bad actors, which means any innocent mistakes are shot down in the crossfire - while the bad actors just keep on making fresh accounts with names like "Fiverr Support" without a care in the world. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You can use a single account for buying and selling. There's no buying and selling account. That's why they banned you because a person can't have two accounts, especially when selling is involved. I know they ban some buyers that have 2 accounts just for buying so.. you can imagine they are even stricter when it comes to sellers. 

Agreed with TOS and I wrote details in the post! I found one previous account after receiving an email from Fiverr customer support, I had forgotten to buy service as a buyer in 2019. 

Do you think how many website accounts you have opened throughout your online journey for work purposes?

Do you keep track of all websites with the same importance and the need to work as a seller in the future?

In my case, sometimes when I try to open an account on a website, it tells me that I already have an account there, and then I recover the password and use it. Sometimes some websites I used one time ten years before and in this moment I can't remember.

Fiverr was like that for me in 2019, just like other websites I used for work.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mamunurrashid_ said:

Do you think how many website accounts you have opened throughout your online journey for work purposes?

Do you keep track of all websites with the same importance and the need to work as a seller in the future?

Well I do, I only have an account for each platform that I want to work on. But then again, I started as a seller here 10 years ago so.. I didn't start as a buyer and I rarely buy, if at all. But as Yourbrand said, you can always at least try to contact customer support. Maybe they can look into it, but I will say the chances of them changing their stance are very low. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, yourbrandingpal said:

If the previous account you had was solely used for buying, then there is a chance that you may be able to get your seller account reinstated, explain the situation to Fiverr by contacting them at support@fiverr.com. 

Hope So! I emailed them today and explained that I even forgot about my previous account I just used one time for buying like a stranger.

• Like 4

It's almost like I'm the only person who knows about Pro buyer accounts, isn't it? Such a simple solution. 

If only there was someone who knew this who could post it and explain it to OP. .

Oh, wait

Did you like how the double posted hidden content got split up by a previous response of OP? I did. Which one will you pick for the best chronological order? Just kidding, I know it's like, a click, not a fraught decision. 

Well, that's.... 6 things to deal with on here now. Should only be three,  but once again, I'm not the one double-posting. In fact, I did double post once to see what happened, and you know what happened? There were only 3 posts. As in the first double posted, but the extra click yielded the correct number. 

Curious, isn't it? I do realize this is third party software, but it makes me wonder. A lot of Fiverr's stuff - inc. the SS - is third party, isn't it? Is any of it working correctly? I ask, of course, in the interest of the new, transparent spirit of Fiverr as unveiled on Valentine's Day. 

Well, that's this comment done. Will it ever see the light of day? Who knows. 

EDIT: If anyone is wondering about the slightly odd nature of this posts, they are all auto-hidden pending approval until May 10. If a queue builds up and I know they won't be approved for hours, I start to mock the process and Fiverr in the comments. And for anyone wondering about the comment sandwich, the first comment was chosen. Once, yesterday, both comments in a very long double post were approved, which amused me. I wrote another comment to point that out, so maybe it has been rectified. Who knows? Either way, every comment I made last night was not approved until just a couple of hours ago. Guess who will be a forum expert on the times of day there is human oversight of the forum by the end of this? And no, post edits aren't hidden. Isn't this fun? And completely off-topic.

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mamunurrashid_ said:

Hope So! I emailed them today and explained that I even forgot about my previous account I just used one time for buying like a stranger.

what did they told you ?

• Like 3

I see that my first response, which offers a solution to this problem is hidden from the eyes of everyone, buried as it is in the past, which may well be a different country so far as forums are concerned. 

I wonder how many things Fiverr gets away with not doing because a % of users give up at the first AI template reply. You just know that someone or something somewhere has that calculation ready in case it's needed.  

• Like 2