Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

5 minutes ago, cucinavivace said:

Yeah, I've heard the tip scam argument many times and I get it. But, if you're approaching new buyers asking them to pay $5 for a gig and $95 for a tip, you are just asking to end up with $5 total on that job. LOL

I don't think you'd end up with the full tip amount often enough to justify making it common practice, and I think Fiverr knows that and can of course catch it otherwise most of the time. It's just a nice, clean, rational excuse.

You bring up "new buyers" to make your point.  Let me give you an example, I have many regular buyers, one in particular who orders every month like clockwork for their usual job at $2,200. What would prevent me from approaching someone I know well on Fiverr and pulling the scam?  I realize you just don't like paying 20% on tips, so just say "it's not fair", even though you agreed to it and let that stand as your objection. It's honest at least.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, virgoca said:

I don't think making us all pay for what some people may do is the correct way of dealing with it

So you have just negated the entire insurance industry. Interesting. Just stick with "it's not fair." Not very well reasoned, but an honest yet emotional response. 

• Like 5

Just now, newsmike said:

You bring up "new buyers" to make your point.  Let me give you an example, I have many regular buyers, one in particular who orders every month like clockwork for their usual job at $2,200. What would prevent me from approaching someone I know well on Fiverr and pulling the scam?  I realize you just don't like paying 20% on tips, so just say "it's not fair", even though you agreed to it and let that stand as your objection. It's honest at least.

Erm ... I didn't say "it's not fair" and actually I didn't even object. I just gave my opinion on the comments and the excuse to do it. We could argue goodwill and TOS enforcement over grabbing every last dollar possible all day long, I suppose, but I'm not arguing. I'm just saying it's a risk for the seller either way - don't get your tip or maybe get banned.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cucinavivace said:

I'm just saying it's a risk for the seller either way - don't get your tip or maybe get banned.

"Don't get your tip?" That's not even what we're discussing here. No one ever suggested that. Maybe you are commenting on something else, or are not following the thread. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 5

I didn't come to fiverr to live exclusively from tips. I don't expect to be tipped on any of the gigs I do, that's why I price them for what I think my work is worth. So yeah, I did agree to work here under those conditions, because truth be told, I don't care much whether I'm tipped or not, so it doesn't make much difference to my business. Then again, that doesn't mean that I have to think it's fair. I don't. Might be an emotional response like you say, maybe I'm an immature kid and I like to live in fantasy land where everything is fine and dandy, but I'd rather not have the tip option at all if the only option to have it is by giving fiverr a cut of it for no other reason other than "they don't trust us not to abuse it"

• Like 8

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

"Don't get your tip?" That's not even what we're discussing here. No one ever suggested that. Maybe you are commenting on something else, or are not following the thread. 

You quoted and replied to me saying "But, if you're approaching new buyers asking them to pay $5 for a gig and $95 for a tip, you are just asking to end up with $5 total on that job. LOL" So that is in fact what I was talking about. 🙂

Don't sweat it. It's a conversation. There doesn't have to be a winner

• Like 5

Just now, cucinavivace said:

You quoted and replied to me saying "But, if you're approaching new buyers asking them to pay $5 for a gig and $95 for a tip, you are just asking to end up with $5 total on that job. LOL" So that is in fact what I was talking about. 🙂

Don't sweat it. It's a conversation. There doesn't have to be a winner

Words mean things, but agree.  This is beyond played as a thread.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, leonormiserol said:

It should be noted that other platforms give you free commission when you bring a client from outside.

So does Fiverr, it's called BYOB (Bring your own business). You don't pay commission with these clients. I'm assuming they still have it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, melanielm said:

Someone mentioned at some point the idea of decimals to see if we're trending up or down. Perhaps this tiny space before the full 5.0 is our decimal indication? Anyone else see this at a different level?

image.png.3a05a084f921e280d7058e6760b9260e.png

I see it on my Success Score. Boy, having decimals or at least little tick marks on where the numbers start would be awesome. 

ss.png

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, abeljimenez271 said:

This is exactly what I was questioning the folks at Fiverr in a support ticket: how am I supposed to boost my score if my gig has vanished? Their response was quite literal: I should bring in outside traffic to my gig...

This is not ever a valid option. The direct client you have outside of this platform are YOUR CLIENTS ONLY, NOT FIVERR, UPWORK, etc...  Fiverr already takes 20% + fees to bring the customers to you + promote their platform, etc...

If you bring your clients here, you are opening them up to your competition as some may be tempted to browse around your category and find someone cheaper. Also, bringing them here negates any off-platform backup plan you attempt in the case that your account goes south. You should be building your direct clientele and keeping them separate from your freelance site buyers. It's the only way to build a truly sustainable business. Do not put everything into one site, platform, etc... Do not make the mistake of being 100% reliant on a third party.

• Like 8
  • Up 7

2 hours ago, karlaofficial said:

I haven’t been able to check the forum in the last few days. Has there been any updates from Fiverr as to the total catastrophe of these changes? 

Only insofar as their replies to us individually remain unanimous, and amount to "Tough noogies. You're expendable and this is how it is now. Suck it up."

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Today, for the first time, I noticed a "what went well" section below the delivery rating on the order page. I'm not sure if it was there before (I hadn't seen it until today) or if it's a new addition during this "transitional period." While it's a positive step for transparency, my main point from the beginning has been wanting to see "what didn't go well" according to the client. This would help us improve by understanding the context of a 5-star review alongside the positive and negative feedback, within the overall scope of our communication with the client.

• Like 5

Ffs Fiverr can you please stop with any updates 😩 do you realize that any slight change will mess up your algorithm and that will make seller miserable?

I was level 2, the app dashboard shows that i'm still level 2 (weirdly the next evaluation date has not been updated?),  but the desktop dashboard shows that I was downgraded to level 1. Wtf? 

I was getting a LOT (and even too much) of orders, and because of this downgrade my sales have been dying this month. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, hoojinny said:

do you realize that any slight change will mess up your algorithm and that will make seller miserable?

One might think they already made changes to the algorithm too, now that the cancellation rate is not a separate metric, among others. Most likely their algorithm started taking into account a lot of other things too. Who knows, really. 

• Like 5

I believe customers are likely to choose 'Very Good' when we deliver work that meets their satisfaction. They usually reserve 'Exceptional' for cases where the work surpasses their expectations. Hence, it would be beneficial to introduce a 'Good' option and eliminate the 'Exceptional' choice for a more balanced rating system. 
I recommend showcasing the rating as 5/5 for clear visibility, allowing customers to easily discern the points they assign. Thanks

image10021.jpg

• Like 7
  • Up 2

So... for the success score being relatively stable, mine went up to 10 from 9 (which is great, like, I'm happy I'm quite safe for now), but I also noticed some movement on a gig of mine that has fallen from grace a while back (so I only had one order on it lately compared to the many more on my other gigs.) It went 8-7-8. 

Now, the tricky thing with this is that it means the score can shift in a relatively short time (which realistically is what we want, I think?) BUT what concerns me is that it's hard to guess why something happens.

I understand that's due to wanting to keep private reviews/etc. private, but I feel like that's making it.. trickier to manage/try to improve, I suppose? 

In the end, two weeks (I think) from the launch of the new system, while I feel safe, I'm still quite concerned. 

It doesn't help that I got the first review that complimented me on my professionalism, only to say that I could have improved (you know what I'm gonna say here: my professionalism.

I'm fine with 1-2 'bad' reviews, but I'm not sure I can stand behind 'very good' potentially bringing a penalty to sellers. Even if the public rating isn't everything, it still feels very dishonest to me because of that. As a buyer, if I rated someone as very good, I would be complimenting them in my mind. 

On a personal level, my anxiety levels with this update have only risen and risen. I'm bending over backwards for mistakes even if I'm not the one who made them! This can't be healthy in the long run...

As for whether there's been any change in traffic with an improving Success Score, I don't think so? If anything, things feel slower than they did a while back, though things still seem to be coming in waves. 

Edited by katakatica
missed an I
  • Like 9
  • Up 1