Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

1 hour ago, carineb said:

A few screenshots of the video.
I don't understand how Andrew can have over 1000 reviews and an average rating of 4.8 with so many 3-star ratings 🤣

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Whose secrets should we learn though? 

• Shaina, who has FIVE IMPOSSIBLE STARS and must be like, incredibly amazing
  • Andrew, who underperforms massively but gets 4.8 stars. Which (visually) looks like 4 stars, when it should look like 4.5 or 5.0 stars depending on whether the gremlin is rounding up or down today

Who has the better secret? TELL ME. 

Edited by emmaki
I forgot Jenny. She's also a 5-star wunderkind.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, prodigy80 said:

You are wasting a lot of time trying to attack me personally, instead of focusing on your performance. Maybe that's why you got such results.

You all guys here forget that without Fiverr's promotion, you're nothing. If your gig appears to 100x more people, you will SELL MORE, even if you raise your prices singnificantly. And I am not here to praise them - you can see my previous posts about this - but this is another truth you like to ignore.

I have seen people sell well with terrible services, just because the algo insists on pushing them forward for unknown reasons. And I've seen great pros getting lost among the trash.

Just get over it. We are all expendable here, enjoy the ride while it lasts. Fiverr is GOD

By the way, this is my buyer account. Read the TOS better, that's what pro's do
😉

Can you link your real account with 10 as success score? 🙂

• Like 3
  • Up 2

19 hours ago, prodigy80 said:

You all guys here forget that without Fiverr's promotion, you're nothing. 

Maybe you're nothing. But I can survive in my field without 5r, thank you very much.

I am an independent contractor. I don't work "for" anyone, directly. 5r is an agency. One of many. One that doesn't exist without its sellers. We are just as much clients of 5r as our clients are to them. Know your worth. 

Edited by rudyabel
  • Like 8
  • Up 1

In regards to the question on how some seem unaffected. All of this change only effects those of us that have not yet reached a statistical critical mass. If you have enough stat weight to hold you, you can glide over many of the pitfalls of the 5r maze. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, rudyabel said:

If you have enough stat weight to hold you, you can glide over many of the pitfalls of the 5r maze. 

True but then again, it will only help so much. At some point, you will feel the downside just like everyone else. And even there, it seems they just cover the past 2 years, so if you have been here for 5, 10 years or more, it's not like you will have a huge advantage.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Aaand... Just got a 4.7 star review from a repeat buyer who always leaves 5 stars. A long list of things that went well, a glowing review, and 4 stars for "value of delivery".

Yay.

It's happened to me four times now. A result of a faulty update and a confusing system that the buyers are faced with. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

So who’s ready for tomorrow?!

Can’t WAIT to become so much more trustworthy with my brand new 4.9 stars! 🤩

I, one of Fiverr's most profitable, long term sellers, am currently sitting at an overall success score of 4. I have no idea how to get out of, or overcome this, so, I, personally, am dreading tomorrow..... but that's just me. I was doing wonderfully until this new system went into place. I can't say that I like it.

Let's turn the tables a bit. Anyone wanna help me -- a Fiverr veteran seller (6 digit sales) -- figure out how to get the Fiverr visibility and orders rolling again? Or, am I doomed, now, to reside in "low performance" territory, and not be seen in the marketplace, all because of things that I cannot control? Private reviews for example.

This new seller level system is absolutely killing the profitability of some great Fiverr sellers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

I, one of Fiverr's most profitable, long term sellers, am currently sitting at an overall success score of 4. I have no idea how to get out of, or overcome this, so, I, personally, am dreading tomorrow..... but that's just me. I was doing wonderfully until this new system went into place. I can't say that I like it.

Let's turn the tables a bit. Anyone wanna help me -- a Fiverr veteran seller (6 digit sales) -- figure out how to get the Fiverr visibility and orders rolling again? Or, am I doomed, now, to reside in "low performance" territory, and not be seen in the marketplace, all because of things that I cannot control? Private reviews for example.

This new seller level system is absolutely killing the profitability of some great Fiverr sellers.

I feel you. I'm am definitely not one of Fiverr's most profitable or long term sellers, but I was Level 2 just waiting for a little more income to hit TRS with all other qualifications in place and metrics at 100%.

Seller communication level 5
Recommend to a friend 5
Service as described 5
Quality of delivery 5
Value of delivery 4.9
Response rate 100% 
Cancellations 0 

1 hour response time for good measure, which was killing me. I started this with a SS of 6, which was bad enough, and have now plummeted to 3 and am soon to be a Level 0 even with all those stats above still current. If it's any consolation, I had my gigs paused for a while and unpaused them to see how fast a gig deletion would affect the score. I got no inquires for a week and then today got three orders boom boom boom. So, they're still fiddling with something. I'm sure you will be in any permanent queue long before me.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 5

If anyone had customer service involved to cancel an order due to reasons of not your fault, be advised that those cancellations are currently being held against you under this new rating system.    In the old system they did not.

I had a bunch of fraudulent orders back in September which Fiverr support clearly saw and they assisted in cancelling all of them and fixed everything.  But now I'm being screwed under this new system because those manual adjustments didn't carry over!!

I'm sure many of you are probably wondering about these magical numbers and ratings we are seeing without any backup evidence or being able to see reviews or anything.   This is one of many reasons why the new system is so flawed and is going to create unfair competition in the marketplace.

So far, support has NOT resolved the problem.

And under this new private/anonymous system there is nothing to stop a competitor from placing an order, giving you a nice 5-star rating with a smile and then slamming you with negative ratings on the hidden backend.   There is going to be so much abuse going on.   Easy way to knock down competitors with a simple $5.

2024-03-13_174416.jpg

• Like 3
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, jonbaas said:

Anyone wanna help me -

Click on the success score then look at the gigs it shows and their scores and look at the hints it gives about each that it gives them for.

Maybe check your competitors and see what they're offering. eg. if they're offering more of something (such as brand names) maybe you could try increasing the number a bit or maybe offer a revision if you think it might help. Maybe alter things based on reviews too if it could help.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Let's turn the tables a bit. Anyone wanna help me -- a Fiverr veteran seller (6 digit sales) -- figure out how to get the Fiverr visibility and orders rolling again

I learned so much from you and others when I first joined, and I think it's natural and always healthy to ask for feedback on how to be better. I've done it myself and I remember @mariashtelle1 giving me some feedback, and one piece in particular that was vital. I coincidentally became TRS the next month. Maybe that piece of advice was key.

So, I've given my unabridged thoughts / brain dump below after having had a quick look at your profile. Obviously you know your space and clients better than I do, and you can tell me to shove it (or just ignore me!) if you want...

For your main gig....

On your main gig you only have one gig image. I know you know that you can have 3, so you should have 3. Make sure the gig images have keywords in the file name.

I don't see a portfolio on your profile. Could you give examples of the business names / case studies / what people can expect. You could certainly do it for logo design.

This gig is in the business names and slogans category. But I don't see the word 'slogan' in either your gig title, or in the tags for the gig. I haven't used the keyword tool myself in a long time, but know I need to, maybe you need too as well.

Could you break this gig down and launch news gigs... one for business name, one for slogan, one for trademark etc etc. This would increase visibility and allow you to approach client needs from multiple entry points.

No revisions are included, and some of your reviews seem frustrated by that. You know some buyers ask for them anyway so why not include them.

For your TShirt design gig...

There hasn't been a review in 5 years (so maybe no order in the same period). Maybe kill this gig. Or, update the images, add relevant portfolio pieces etc. You've got nothing to lose here. 

For your logo gig there isn't a portfolio section. Also maybe consider using the keyword tool. We both know logos are saturated so it's hard to stand out here.

You don't use videos anywhere, either for your profile overall, or for your gigs. I know not everyone is comfortable with this, but for an actor I think you should be able to do it. I also think Fiverr wants you ticking every box on a profile set up (portfolio, videos, gig images), these could help please the algorithm.

You could also consider launching an overall build your brand gig... logo, trademark, slogan, socials etc. One big package deal.

Have you thought about offering brand consultancy. Just an idea.

You don't offer consultations. Again maybe you're not comfortable, but this is another feature you're not embracing.

I don't see subscriptions on your gigs. I get that it's not appropriate always, and for logos why would someone need a subscription, but I think Fiverr wants you using all the features.

Your headline is: Honest :: Talented :: Original. Whilst I don't doubt it, I think every seller would say this. Maybe try something different (you're the slogan pro)... I create names, slogans, brands and logos that build trust and drive sales. (I think this is what business owners want from their logos/brand/slogans).

I think your FAQs are a bit repetitive between gigs. I don't think you need to mention refunds, or that you're trustworthy or hardworking. I think this is assumed, and potentially causes people to question if you are in fact these things. Already mentioning refunds is an orange flag to me. The classic 'trust me bro'. I did also notice a couple of typos.

For this part in your FAQs:

My "Make It Social" package includes research and matching availability for Facebook and Twitter (the two most popular social media sites for brand-building). -- Research and availability for Pinterest is available as an optional add-on service.

Is this still true of FB and Twitter? When I meet with businesses they tend to be focused on Insta and TikTok now. I'm not saying FB and T are irrelevant, but is this what people need?

For your bio, you mention Hollywood movies, audio production, world wide logos, and top brand solutions. Maybe you can't mention them because of NDAs, but I would think you can mention some. I don't know if you have the Top Clients section available to you on Fiverr, but if you do maybe they can be added there. I think you should name names. You have a degree in art but don't mention the university.

So, this is my brain dump, and I'm only sharing because you asked. This is cheesy, but I say the above with love trying to help!

I'm guessing you pay for seller plus, and for promoted gigs? Unsurprisingly Fiverr attaches a monetary value to all of us. That's normal for marketplaces. Directly paying for promoted gigs increases your visibility, but indirectly it also puts more money in Fiverr's pocket, which I think makes Fiverr like you more. 

• Like 7
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, emmaki said:
  • Andrew, who underperforms massively but gets 4.8 stars. Which (visually) looks like 4 stars, when it should look like 4.5 or 5.0 stars depending on whether the gremlin is rounding up or down today

@emmaki👀🤣

image.png.1a2174d819225cc4701f1f5eb33b081d.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, emmaki said:

Maybe custom orders affect individual gig success scores. From r/Fiverr: 

image.png.9e8a6f5c2d2a288e312c17e2eea60a51.png

I'm not sure anything is instant like that anymore. Everybody's saying getting high ratings isn't affecting their score right away, and I posted earlier this is the new blurb that shows after you get a rating now:

image.png.7da7af581c4db057654b7379af30850f.png

So I think it's possible everything will take "weeks" to have an effect.

Could be that positive won't influence anything for weeks and negative knocks you down right away. This is the "new" Fiverr, after all. But it might just be a coincidence.

• Like 4

Also, I don't remember if this has been mentioned in the last 28 pages, but someone in support told me yesterday for the first time (while I was griping about something completely different) that new reviews are more heavily weighted for more impact.

So, if you do get a review or private rating bad enough to affect your score, you will need multiple high ratings to push that bad one down to an equalized effect as just one of many.

Edited by cucinavivace
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I am back from my adventure outdoors! 

The sky can fall in now, please. 

I'm secretly wondering if the update has already happened but because of the 30-day grace periods/etc. the differences aren't very obvious just yet? 

It looks the same on my side, but I'm not expecting any changes other than my rating changing a little bit. 

(but yes, if something big happens, I'd rather it happens before 5 so I can go out tonight in peace :D) 

• Like 4
  • Up 4