Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

1 hour ago, cucinavivace said:
1 hour ago, vhskid said:

I've seen several responses from Fiverr representatives on the forum that deleting a gig will affect the 'Success score'. Meaning - the score of the deleted gig will be removed from the overall 'Success score'. And that was confirmed in at least one of the webinars. 
I didn't pay attention to what people shared about their "experiments" with this. 

As for the 'Rating' metric - I would assume that since the public reviews were not removed along with the gigs in the "old system", then the impact of private reviews on the overall stars' score will be unchanged with gig deletion as well.

Expand  

Thank you for that. I hope that's right (and stays true) because I think the new success score is really the biggest concern, since it's the thing that keeps you from leveling.

One correction about the webinar info...

While confirming the gig removal effect (on the forum), Fiverr representatives denied the pausing effect.

In one of the webinars, Ran confirmed the influence of gig pausing. 
He only referred to pausing, but the "delete" word was in the question, so I guess that there would be the same effect. He mentioned that the score change might not be immediate though. 

So my take on this is that gig deletion / pausing affects the 'Succes score', but the effect will be delayed, and sometimes it will be hard to say what actually was the prevailing factor in the score change since the weights of other gig scores (in the overall score) can change.

Edited by vhskid
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, vhskid said:

One correction about pausing the gig and webinar info...

While confirming the gig removal effect (on the forum), Fiverr representatives denied the pausing effect.

In one of the webinars, Ran confirmed the influence of gig pausing. 
He only referred to pausing, but the "delete" word was in the question, so I guess that there would be the same effect. He mentioned that the score change might not be immediate though. 

So my take on this is that gig deletion / pausing affects the 'Succes score', but the effect will be delayed, and sometimes it will be hard to say what actually was the prevailing factor in the score change since the weights of other gig scores (in the overall score) can change.

Well, I can tell you from personal experience that when this fiasco began, I was 5.0 stars with 100% on all metrics and a SS of 6 (which pissed me off). My gigs have been paused for a couple weeks, and even though my gig scores remain unchanged and I am still 5.0 stars with 100% on all metrics, my SS has fallen to 3.

I assumed that was them hurting me for pausing, but perhaps based on what you're saying it took the good scores out of the equation. I'll activate a couple of them and see if the score bounces back quickly to confirm for you guys.

• Like 5

Ok, so they removed the emojis. However:

The scale is still unbalanced. 

Very poor - Poor - Average - Very good - Exceptional

This is not a fair scale.

Other interesting things of note:

3 is considered a "low rating" - in other words, average is bad.

4 stars ("very good") can only have negative qualifiers - you can't rate 4 and praise anything.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 17.24.12.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 17.21.06.png

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 17.21.10.png

• Like 5
  • Up 11

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Other interesting things of note:

3 is considered a "low rating" - in other words, average is bad.

4 stars ("very good") can only have negative qualifiers - you can't rate 4 and praise anything.

It's like, they have never understood the most important thing.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 7

I'm just going to plop this here. It's from r/fiverr. Maybe it's also one of you lot, idk. 

image.png.565550b215f164c4f4f6849c70375097.png

Edited by emmaki
Oops! I forgot to censor some bad words! Cover your eyes, children!
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Up 10

1 minute ago, michmikaia said:

they understand, they prefer not to make changes that's all. The reasons are unclear though, it's not in Fiverr's favor at all 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Pro Tip - always ask your buyers if they are using the app or the website.

If they say app, ask them to please close the order and rate on the website. How things are designed, on average, ratings will be higher when done on the website. Guaranteed.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

It's not that they don't understand or have never understood. It's that they want it as it is! They don't want buyers rating their sellers 5 stars even when deserved. Simple as that!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

15 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Ok, so they removed the emojis

This is a welcomed change. Not enough in the context of the whole rating form, but still.

The emojis are an awful idea, so playing the devil's advocate (more nuanced rating options) I used color blobs in my rating form design proposition, but anything that is not stars and being translated to the stars score is just weird (more or less depending on the solution).

Wonder if this is just another test and if they will do something else in the end.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, nickkold said:

Oh, my bad - I thought that meant "Paused" status. Thanks for clarifying for me. 
So deleting it could be worse, because if you at least keep it you could try to improve it and get it back up to normal/good? Or are my maths bad here?

I (still) have a success score of 9 and when this all rolled out I found that my oldest gig had a score of 4, so I deleted it. I had recycled that gig a few times and it had a lot of history, but no orders for several months. My understanding based on the wish-washy and often conflicting messages was that deleting a gig takes away any negatives as well as positives as it relates to the main score, and that it will impact it...at some undetermined point.

I also thought of deleting another gig with a score of 6 just because it hadn't had any orders since last May, but decided to hold off so as to monitor the effect of the first deleted gig--which worked out because I just got a nice, juicy order from it.

But, I'm still holding at a 9 weeks later; who knows, maybe I gained/lowered a few hundredths or tenths.

I don't even know how I had an overall score of 9 with a total of four gigs, two of which were below 8. But, maths is so not my forte.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

Why do they only put one star in each box? Our clients click on one star to give us five stars, now?! Ridiculous!

red star.JPG

• Like 5
  • Up 2

42 minutes ago, carineb said:

Why do they only put one star in each box? Our clients click on one star to give us five stars, now?! Ridiculous!

They just don't know what else to do to trick buyers into not rating us 5 stars. They're running out of ideas...

• Like 7

I asked Neo if he had any cool new review system ideas. 

In other news, apparently you can jailbreak chatbots with ascii text. I didn't try that, because I'm a wimp. 

image.png.e06571484578cc9282bf58454b17dd1d.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, emmaki said:

I asked Neo if he had any cool new review system ideas. 

In other news, apparently you can jailbreak chatbots with ascii text. I didn't try that, because I'm a wimp. 

You inspired me to press Neo for some answers to see what Fiverr programmed into it. I asked it why private reviews contain the rating of "perfect" and it gave me the below.

image.png.be78b877861599e30df2322b4030bd8a.png

I followed up by asking it to present Fiverr's best sellers to me. It gave me 4.95 after 4.95 or so. So for fun I continued to press it to show me 5-star rated sellers only. The response was interesting.

After showing me several 4.97 rated sellers, 4.98 and a few 4.99 I told it I would not settle for anything less than a 5-star rated seller. Then it said this:

image.png.464c89c43b3c79917d13c8f528fe0fe0.png

Interesting. 

Edited by texvox
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

Might be covering fake reviews and similar manipulations there. You know how AI chatbots like to waffle and cover all their bases. Neo is obviously programmed to be hyper-focused on getting gigs sold, so has been de-waffled. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, emmaki said:

image.png.34577645e51a0ff4707fe64c8cf8f1ee.png

image.png.85eda18dec36aaad0b906433dcd089f7.png

image.png.e8fd481c153b50ced70c4c27a4262e61.png

🤔

And just to check and see if Neo is able to filter other sellers by rating I then asked Neo to filter by sellers with 4.95 star ratings and it was able to immediately do so and provide me with a seller recommendation. So it looks like Neo has been programmed to not offer 5-star sellers. Self-fulfilling prophecy much? 🤔image.png.bdfbf1db065b6cd00e89298eb34c0f5e.png

Edited by texvox
  • Like 6

As an exercise, can anyone here confirm if they currently have a 5 star rating? Someone told me that my profile shows 5 stars right now, but internally I see I'm at 4.9, which happened just recently. I was sitting at 5 for weeks even after the update, and just changed to 4.9 with no new deliveries I can think of that might have caused it. I'm assuming that if it's still showing 5 to the public, this will change by the 14th. Is anyone at a 5 rating right now? I'm thinking fiverr lowered absolutely everyone on the platform that had a 5 down to 4.9, just that it isn't public (yet), which would explain why neo is having trouble with that.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, virgoca said:

As an exercise, can anyone here confirm if they currently have a 5 star rating? Someone told me that my profile shows 5 stars right now, but internally I see I'm at 4.9, which happened just recently. I was sitting at 5 for weeks even after the update, and just changed to 4.9 with no new deliveries I can think of that might have caused it. I'm assuming that if it's still showing 5 to the public, this will change by the 14th. Is anyone at a 5 rating right now? I'm thinking fiverr lowered absolutely everyone on the platform that had a 5 down to 4.9, just that it isn't public (yet), which would explain why neo is having trouble with that.

I'm a 5.0.

And yes I'm the same guy who said above he's got a success score of 3. So .... LOL

• Like 6