Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

Just a minute ago I had the window opened to my success score page with the sidebar details open for each gig and it was showing stats for 9 gigs. I just refreshed it and now 2 of my 10/10 gigs are showing "--". If they are using the last 2 years of data to determine scores, any guesses as to why these two gigs have updated to show no data?

The "angry crazy talk show commentator" gig had it's last order 6 days ago.

image.png.289225a981d8a51cd74c8d8efafc7020.png

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, edc_lab said:

I watched it too and I learned a new thing.
They have a Pizza Party group.

Haha, actually whenever my clients get a new project for me, they put the information in that group. I call it "Pizza Party" because with the income from those new projects, I can afford a pizza party, lmao! Just a little fun with clients so we don't get bored while working.

(That was my personal notification... and not the notification of the Fiverr officials present in the meeting)

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, imtiazgfx said:

Yeah found that. Thank you!

@voicedbyken Is there anything regarding New Level in the Seller Plus section of Forums? I am just curious to know because I am not subscribed to Seller Plus currently!

The information in the SP threads is no different than what we have here. This thread currently covers everything. Even the Pro threads are lacking in anything new or developing about this update

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

I just refreshed it and now 2 of my 10/10 gigs are showing "--".

Did you have any orders canceled by CS for these gigs?

Im my case, "---" is now shown for gigs with orders canceled by CS, and for gigs with a lot of conflicts (time extensions) 😄.  

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

The information in the SP threads is no different than what we have here. This thread currently covers everything. Even the Pro threads are lacking in anything new or developing about this update

Thank you! Appreciate that.

• Like 9

Just now, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Did you have any ordered canceled by CS for these gigs?

Im my case, "---" is now shown for gigs with orders canceled by CS.

Nope! Neither of those gigs has ever had a cancelation or dispute of any sort.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, emmaki said:

• - Positive scores may justify cautious price increases, while negative feedback suggests enhancing buyer value perception.
  •  

What I got from the transcript you showed is: "If your value for money rating is low, explain to every buyer every single step of the process! Beg them to understand why you deserve to be paid!" 

If they're using 2 years worth of data, Im screeeewed. My husband has had several health emergencies during that time that caused me to either miss deadlines or extend them drastically, so good to know that. 

But also, since this new system rollout, I have completed 5-6 orders. All on time or early, all with 5 star reviews, several with tips. My success score hasnt moved. 

So the system isnt fully live til 3/14 to give us time to improve, but HOW DO WE IMPROVE THEN??

(obv this is not me yelling at you @emmaki just commiserating.) 

Edited by aubergine07
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

Haha, actually whenever my clients get a new project for me, they put the information in that group. I call it "Pizza Party" because with the income from those new projects, I can afford a pizza party, lmao! Just a little fun with clients so we don't get bored while working.

(That was my personal notification... and not the notification of the Fiverr officials present in the meeting)

Ahahaha my bad! I thought it was Maiky's notification since she was sharing her screen during the presentation. If you check the video you can see that she smiles right after the notification appeared and I thought it was her reaction "Oh damn, I got the pizza group notification while I'm on a Zoom call!". :classic_biggrin:

By the way, thanks for sharing the webinar!

Edited by edc_lab
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

Just a minute ago I had the window opened to my success score page with the sidebar details open for each gig and it was showing stats for 9 gigs. I just refreshed it and now 2 of my 10/10 gigs are showing "--". If they are using the last 2 years of data to determine scores, any guesses as to why these two gigs have updated to show no data?

The "angry crazy talk show commentator" gig had it's last order 6 days ago.

image.png.289225a981d8a51cd74c8d8efafc7020.png

I just realized that something similar happened to me. But worse!
I have 2 gig, one with a rating of 4 inexplicably.
and in the other he had 8.

Now the grade for the one who had 8 has disappeared. So my hopes are getting lower and lower.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

This shows a clear disregard for the mental health of the freelancers Fiverr makes money off of. To suddenly change a rating system that has a massive impact on our financial wellbeing highlights the lack of control we have over our businesses.

I understand that metrics need to be updated from time to time, but if the idea is clarity and transparency, Fiverr's doing the opposite...

• Hiding Customer satisfaction metrics behind private reviews.*
  • Saying that gigs affect your success score differently based on number of orders (without clarification as to how this is calculated).
  • Using vague metrics to calculate Seller level, like "Success Score".
  • Allowing buyers to rate value for money after agreeing to prices laid out ahead of time.
  • Considering order extensions as conflicts, even if the buyer is the reason for the extension.

None of this provides clarity.

*A broader example is the Client Satisfaction Metric.

I have 400 reviews on my main gig, 399 of which are 5 star. The vast majority of them are glowing reviews, with buyers raving about their experience with me and the quality of my work, and yet Client Satisfaction is having a negative impact on my Success Score for that gig.

What exactly am I supposed to do with that information? 

The description for the Client Satisfaction metric is: "Beyond ratings, this key area examines different data points from reviews you received, along with other stats that reflect how happy buyers are with the overall order experience."

What other stats??? How are we supposed to improve if the criteria for the metrics are hidden?

All this has done has shaken my confidence in Fiverr as a platform. How can you confidently build a solid freelance business when the platform you use shifts underneath you?

• Like 8
  • Up 8

39 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:
45 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

they are pretty much saying that, more or less. Although in a more refined, non-direct way. But we all know that's what they mean here.

I mean, we, as sellers, came here to work in a professional workplace and serve clients — not to play puzzle games with Fiverr officials. If they have something to say, they should say it directly and write it in the terms and official articles.

They're just repeatedly saying that we're considering a "wide time frame"...how much wider? 2 years? 5 years? 70 years? At least, we were previously aware that our levels were considering 60 days, but now.....literally no info. Likewise, no info on other factors as well. What about "location inconsistency"......If I plan a trip every 15 days, will I get a warning? Any confirmation?

If there is no timeline said, then i think account lifetime.

• Like 8

Just now, katherinasim said:

I also got two gigs with "--" score which showed 8 yesterday 🫣

It looks like they are fixing something.... Not exactly what needs to be fixed

If by fixing  they are lowering my overall score by removing 2 of my best score gigs and leaving my lowest score gigs in place, then yeah, we're in for the fix alright

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, gregvkmusic said:

This shows a clear disregard for the mental health of the freelancers Fiverr makes money off of. To suddenly change a rating system that has a massive impact on our financial wellbeing highlights the lack of control we have over our businesses.

I understand that metrics need to be updated from time to time, but if the idea is clarity and transparency, Fiverr's doing the opposite...

• Hiding Customer satisfaction metrics behind private reviews.*
  • Saying that gigs affect your success score differently based on number of orders (without clarification as to how this is calculated).
  • Using vague metrics to calculate Seller level, like "Success Score".
  • Allowing buyers to rate value for money after agreeing to prices laid out ahead of time.
  • Considering order extensions as conflicts, even if the buyer is the reason for the extension.

None of this provides clarity.

*A broader example is the Client Satisfaction Metric.

I have 400 reviews on my main gig, 399 of which are 5 star. The vast majority of them are glowing reviews, with buyers raving about their experience with me and the quality of my work, and yet Client Satisfaction is having a negative impact on my Success Score for that gig.

What exactly am I supposed to do with that information? 

The description for the Client Satisfaction metric is: "Beyond ratings, this key area examines different data points from reviews you received, along with other stats that reflect how happy buyers are with the overall order experience."

What other stats??? How are we supposed to improve if the criteria for the metrics are hidden?

All this has done has shaken my confidence in Fiverr as a platform. How can you confidently build a solid freelance business when the platform you use shifts underneath you?

Absolutely. It’s not an exaggeration to say this is affecting peoples mental health. This is many sellers livelihoods and a lot of people are completely confused and the proposed changes don’t make any sense and we are lacking full transparency. The little bit we have got just leads to more questions. 

• Like 11
  • Up 2

20 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

If by fixing  they are lowering my overall score by removing 2 of my best score gigs and leaving my lowest score gigs in place, then yeah, we're in for the fix alright

What's your score now since they did that? It went down?

Edited by smork
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, smork said:

What's your score now since they did that? It went down?

my overall success score is still at 8.  Not knowing what it going on is pushing me closer to the edge. I have a less popular gig that hasn't seen an order in months that's still sitting there with an 8, yet these two are gone though both have had recent orders. 

• Like 7

Well that’s comforting! Now I know that an omnipotent and omniscient AI is the one determining if my extensions were valid or not. I’m so glad to not have a consistent, reliable and predictable metric I can work around in an informed manner, and all I have to do is sit tightly at the end of each order to see if the AI God decided I was a good boy during the order. How refreshing, liberating and comforting this all is. Truly, the Fiverr overlords are nothing short of geniuses. 

IMG_9765.png

• Like 9