Bring Back Buyer Request

For being honest, I am very disappointed with the fact of having Fiverr remove the ¨Buyer´s Request¨option. During those days I was able to manage the amount of work that was coming in by just applying to the different request posted on that option. But now, it is pretty difficult to match my gig with sellers. Which is no proof of improvement as I was doing great by my own instead of having to rely on an ¨algorithim¨to decide whether or not I am good service provider for a certain buyer.

I really hope that Fiverr will consider keeping both options (Buyer´s Request & Matching) as other platform like Upwork actually does.

• Like 7

On 2/6/2023 at 10:07 AM, grafixer1000 said:

My suggestion: Fiverr should use them both features (buyer request and match a brief) at the same time to see which feature buyers like to use with friendly environment, because I request a brief for book cover mockup and fiverr come back to me after 24 hours with empty hands that it didn't find any seller to match my brief, then I request fiverr to open the buyer request feature again as that was so quick and we get response very fast on our buyer requests from the sellers according to our required work. Now fiverr suggesting buyers only those sellers who have already getting work and many briefs return back with no match. Its not good for both the buyers and sellers as well. Kindly think about my suggestion.

Kindly share this suggestion everywhere on fiverr community so they could know that by this option the basic norms of fiverr are fading up and people are like to work on other platforms where they could get bids. I learnt about fiverr in 2018 and they had a feature free 10 bids daily, wow that's the main edge by which fiverr become so much popular for sellers and you know if sellers are here then buyers come for getting good work. Help me to get this kind suggestion to have a like and upvote from every fiverr seller and buyer! as buyers and sellers both are fiverr community and we have to take care of its value and social norms! Let's do it! Give me a hand 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

I learnt about fiverr in 2018 and they had a feature free 10 bids daily, wow that's the main edge by which fiverr become so much popular for sellers

No. Fiverr became popular because sellers didn't have to spend time to bid on jobs; buyers came to them instead. That's what separated Fiverr from all the other freelancing platforms, where you had to bid for jobs, which many sellers hated.

And then UpWork started imitating Fiverr by introducing the ability to publish gigs.

Another thing that attracted many sellers was that there were no tests on Fiverr. You didn't have to do some silly test to prove you could do something. You were able to just publish your gig, and get orders.

As for 10 free bids daily... Heh. I remember plenty of sellers whining because they were only allowed 10 per day, even though other platforms allowed something like 30 per month. Plus many sellers were complaining that they were unable to get orders even after sending hundreds of offers.

It seems like buyer requests are always a reason for someone to complain.

11 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

Help me to get this kind suggestion to have a like and upvote from every fiverr seller and buyer!

Considering how many sellers and buyers didn't like buyer requests, you are definitely not going to get a like and upvote from every seller and buyer. Because, believe it or not, not everyone wants BRs back. 

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, catwriter said:

No. Fiverr became popular because sellers didn't have to spend time to bid on jobs; buyers came to them instead. That's what separated Fiverr from all the other freelancing platforms, where you had to bid for jobs, which many sellers hated.

And then UpWork started imitating Fiverr by introducing the ability to publish gigs.

Another thing that attracted many sellers was that there were no tests on Fiverr. You didn't have to do some silly test to prove you could do something. You were able to just publish your gig, and get orders.

As for 10 free bids daily... Heh. I remember plenty of sellers whining because they were only allowed 10 per day, even though other platforms allowed something like 30 per month. Plus many sellers were complaining that they were unable to get orders even after sending hundreds of offers.

It seems like buyer requests are always a reason for someone to complain.

Considering how many sellers and buyers didn't like buyer requests, you are definitely not going to get a like and upvote from every seller and buyer. Because, believe it or not, not everyone wants BRs back. 

Dear, do you know who didn't successful using BR, that were only those seller who just copy pasting the formal statements in reply of BRs, I had a formula that was 8 point formula for making your bid successful and 80% or my bids get reply from buyer but if you get a buyer in your inbox then you should have quality and grip on your service and effective communication. As BR was the way to get buyer in your inbox and then you can use your magic to covert that buyer into sale. You know when I had sent 9 then I keep checking BRs as many buyer requests had a business name or social media link then I use them and in this sense I sent 20 bids in one day many a time. You know when buyer when hate this option because of sellers send a formal reply to their BRs  without reading it carefully and they tired to read the same type of the answers again and again so that's why buyers started to mention a keyword in their BR that if you read my BR then type "keyword" in the start of your reply, and then only the serious sellers got the edge who read it carefully and send reply according to buyer's need and buyer filter these requests that have the specific keyword.

For ranking when our gig is made with proper SEO then we need some sales to get it on first pages but how you will get sales as newbies as only the fake buyers or fraudulent people hire new sellers and many a time they ask them to pay for the order or they ask them to send original files otherwise they will cancel the order. BR was only the way to get organic orders to boost our gig with ethics otherwise the 2nd way is to ask your friends to send orders on your gig so you could have good review and new buyers could rely on your service.  

Edited by grafixer1000
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

when I had sent 9 then I keep checking BRs as many buyer requests had a business name or social media link then I use them

If you have contacted them outside of Fiverr, you have violated Fiverr's Terms of Service.

13 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

how you will get sales as newbies

I got my first sale, and almost all of my sales, when buyers found my gig in search and placed an order.

14 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

only the fake buyers or fraudulent people hire new sellers

Not true. Plenty of sellers got their first order the same way I did, and the buyers were honest.

14 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

many a time they ask them to pay for the order or they ask them to send original files otherwise they will cancel the order.

That has never happened to me. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, just that nobody ever asked me to pay for the order or threatened to cancel if I didn't send this or that.

15 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

BR was only the way to get organic orders to boost our gig with ethics

Not true.

16 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

otherwise the 2nd way is to ask your friends to send orders on your gig so you could have good review

That's a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

5 hours ago, catwriter said:

If you have contacted them outside of Fiverr, you have violated Fiverr's Terms of Service.

I got my first sale, and almost all of my sales, when buyers found my gig in search and placed an order.

Not true. Plenty of sellers got their first order the same way I did, and the buyers were honest.

That has never happened to me. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, just that nobody ever asked me to pay for the order or threatened to cancel if I didn't send this or that.

Not true.

That's a violation of Fiverr's Terms of Service.

Dear I fetch people from outside to fiverr be giving them reference about their BR on fiverr. Violation is not that you search buyers outside of fiverr violation is that if you get paid out of fiverr.

Taking orders from friends is not violation if you are really a good seller and you have grip on your skills, by this you can put your more samples in your gig gallery so your buyers can see your portfolio, fiverr doesn't allow links for third portfolio site in gig's description. But you know who get ranking on the first page they use this trick and many a people use ads to get ranked but if they don't have any review no new customer contact them even they are on the first page, but if they have good samples like 3 images, 1 video and 2 PDFs then buyer can be amazed with his/her work.

If you are not agree with my suggestions you are not allowed to use offensive language and hated words!

• Like 8

I miss when I could read a request from a Buyer on the general request area, and go, yeah, I can help this buyer, and then go ahead to send an offer. I was creative with each offer I made, trying my best to sell what I am capable of.

These days, I don't get such privileges. And so do most of you. We only now rely on the mercy of Fiverr's pairing algorithm. It hasn't been kind. Probably to you as well. 

I thought today - we can make a poll and see those who want Buyer Requests back and those who don't.

Where do you stand?

• Like 7
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, grafixer1000 said:

Taking orders from friends is not violation if you are really a good seller and you have grip on your skills,

Taking orders from friends might be allowed if they don't leave a review. If they do leave a review, however, that's review manipulation.

Dear I fetch people from outside to fiverr be giving them reference about their BR on fiverr. Violation is not that you search buyers outside of fiverr violation is that if you get paid out of fiverr.

Communication outside of Fiverr can be a violation, too, depending on context. And if anyone reports you for contacting them outside of Fiverr, you could get in trouble.

if they have good samples like 3 images, 1 video and 2 PDFs then buyer can be amazed with his/her work.

You don't need actual Fiverr orders for that. You can fill your gig images and PDFs with samples from your work before you started working on Fiverr, or you can create samples just for the gig gallery.

If you are not agree with my suggestions you are not allowed to use offensive language and hated words!

Err, sorry, what did I say that could possibly be seen as offensive language and hatred?

• Like 11
  • Up 2

21 hours ago, catwriter said:

Considering how many sellers and buyers didn't like buyer requests, you are definitely not going to get a like and upvote from every seller and buyer. Because, believe it or not, not everyone wants BRs b

No harm in proving that theory.

21 hours ago, grafixer1000 said:

Kindly share this suggestion everywhere on fiverr community

You should share too

• Like 8

On 2/9/2023 at 9:46 AM, rabia_animaker said:

At first I was okay with the update. But slowly, I realized I lost all my clients with this update because I got most of my clients through buyer requests. Now I am always waiting for Fiverr algorithm that maybe they will match me with a client but it never happened

Same here! 🙂

• Like 9

On 2/10/2023 at 4:06 AM, john_isaac said:

Yes, the buyer request was nice. I don't understand Fiverr trying to fix what wasn't broken, now most of their sellers are full of complaints.

On 2/10/2023 at 11:33 AM, natphiri said:

No harm in proving that theory.

Actually, there were several things broken. And almost all users the one major complaint of there being no "report" option.

On 4/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, imagination7413 said:

BR fix-it list, WiP

Bring the Buyer Request feature out of beta!

The Buyer Request section needs a fair bit of work (things to fix/add BR):

1. a [report] option (buyer and seller side),
  2. keep <br> formatting (buyer and seller side),
  3. insert both original request, attachments, and original offer in chat if buyer contacts seller (buyer and seller side),
  4. auto-expiration of old offers and/or option to set an expiration and/or option to withdraw old offers (buyer and seller side),
  5. a [shortlist] sorting option, not just [remove offer] (buyer side),
  6. an option to set a hidden price range, that will automatically reject offers outside it (buyer side),
  7. (conditional, if 6) if an offer is auto-rejected by the system, half the offer slot is then returned to the Seller (seller side),
  8. fix losing all typed text if accidently click out of window (seller side),
  9. a dynamic-sizing AND/OR better sized text-entry box (seller side),
  10. make ‘templates’ (like available in mobile messaging) an option (seller side),
  11. desktop visibility for all uploaded files from buyers (seller side),
  12. [confirm] when [remove request] is clicked (seller side),
  13. update/change error message to reflect when a buyer withdraws their request (seller side),
  14. ‘milestones’ offer option above a certain price point (seller side),
  • Like 11

Here's another example of a new seller who started last month (Jan 2023) in the highly competitive field of web design and still got 5 orders without buyer requests:

This is the second example that I brought up, so it is possible for new sellers to get orders, even now.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, dbarik403 said:

without order how I develop my skill. when I open my gig that time everyday I can send buyer request but now can not because Fiverr change their system .   if Fiverr again go back buyer request system hope new sellers will be happy

How do you know that Buyer Request was a good option for you when you have Zero Sales on Fiverr since Nov 2021? I am curious to know this! 🤔

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Don't believe any of the BS about briefs from any user who is level 2 or above since matching algorithm won't work for you as it works for them because of their high level and/or premium features. You can check if their suggested "methods" work if you want to, or you can just look at all the comments from sellers that have same level as you and what problems they are facing and how these methods "helped" them.

The bottom line is, anyone you see here who is advocating for briefs ( despite it's long list of blunders ) is in the position to benefit from it. You just have to ask yourself one simple question before following anything, which is, Are you in a similar position as that person? Because everything on fiverr is governed by the stats and that includes brief matching too.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, editors_picks said:

how can we help you more with your issues in the platform, this is part of the reasons why our team is existed. Please send us a DM via the Fiverr Inbox in order to properly try and support you. 

There's no need, I already talked to the customer support a long time ago and got all the answers I needed.

If you want some insight on the issues in the platform you can just go through this very thread and comments from users who have raised their concerns over removal of buyer's request.

As for me, the last time I talked to the customer support I haven't had any matches, so my questions were based on that. But I did get matches later ( even though they were wrong matches ) so I have no new questions for you.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ayman_arin said:

So, I want to get again buyer request.

The Buyer Request feature is gone for good. It will not be coming back, no matter how much you liked it. It would, therefore, be wise for you to learn how to work within the features Fiverr chooses to offer, and complain less about what once was.

• Like 8