Bring Back Buyer Request

i think the fiverr buyer request swervice was better , now its very hard to get orders , 

before when buyer request was there i used to get 10 orders a month and now i am not getting any new orders , just getting few orders from one of my favourite buyer , 

please think about the buyer request again , 

thanks 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 2:48 PM, jonbaas said:

From what I've heart, the Buyers Request feature is going away for good. It is being replaced with a different system. It's not coming back.

As a freelancer, you need to learn how to adapt to change. That's part of being a freelancer, and it applies to every successful business.

This is the main fact to contribute with Fiverr that Fiverr makes a way how is a seller to sell his service.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mahananda_ray said:

I try to research and maintain the fiverr gig opening all terms and conditions but I can't get the gig rank and get orders. 

bro very hard to get an order these days. Contact customer support and request them " Please bring back the buyer request section under the paid program"

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2023 at 10:44 AM, newsmike said:

I recall when Briefs replaced Buyer Requests, I had them switched on for a month or so, and after determining that it was merely a new delivery method for the traditionally horrific requests, switched it off.  Is it any better now that it is powered by the lemony scent and whitening power of Neo?

Or is it still, "Hallo dear, give me job?"

I want, Buyer request section back under the paid program.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, logomarcketplac said:

But they should do. Make it like a mini upwork. 

Not my decision, but I don't think it is realistic to return to a system that was terrible.  If you like UW, why not go there? Then you have everything you want.  

Isn't it easier to order vanilla ice cream as opposed to ordering chocolate and then asking to have it made to taste more like vanilla? 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Up 2

5 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Not my decision, but I don't think it is realistic to return to a system that was terrible.  If you like UW, why not go there? Then you have everything you want.  

Isn't it easier to order vanilla ice cream as opposed to ordering chocolate and then asking to have it made to taste more like vanilla? 

You are right sir, Actually, I am not getting orders so a little bit of frustration I have. Sir, can you please check my profile and give me some suggestions? Thank You!

• Like 7
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, logomarcketplac said:

The like button is here if you want to get back the buyer request section with the paid program.

Thank you Moderator Sir for listening to us. Here are my likes:- 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Now, can you please let me know when you'll be able to get that feature live again?.....Or do you need more likes?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, logomarcketplac said:

You are right sir, Actually, I am not getting orders so a little bit of frustration I have. Sir, can you please check my profile and give me some suggestions? Thank You!

I'm experiencing the same situation and what I can suggest to you from my experience is that when things are slow you've to be patient. BUT, it's the best time to learn a new skill for instance I was planning on taking a very long course from Google on UI/UX designing and now I've time to complete it. Besides you can work on your self in this time, be patient and we all know after a while, if your work has quality, Fiverr Algorithm will return to you and then everything will be under control and your frustration will be gone. At least, that's what I've learned from my experience because there's nothing you can do when things are slow to make them work faster.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, noah_designer said:

how are they even letting people to post such stuff?

Put simply, there are two groups of 'they'. There are some Fiverr staff that visit the forums, but they have regular work days/hours. There are also a handful of volunteers who help, but have limited ability to help.

It's not so much about 'letting' as 'not cleaned up yet'.

There is also a LOT of prioritizing and triage. While posts like that one are annoying, the forums do get targeted by spam and scams, which take priority. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

Put simply, there are two groups of 'they'. There are some Fiverr staff that visit the forums, but they have regular work days/hours. There are also a handful of volunteers who help, but have limited ability to help.

It's not so much about 'letting' as 'not cleaned up yet'.

There is also a LOT of prioritizing and triage. While posts like that one are annoying, the forums do get targeted by spam and scams, which take priority. 

I see, thanks for clarifying and I can understand, with community growing everyday, it can be hard.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, sandyroseus1 said:

Every new seller wants buyer request. Buyer request was a awesome feature. Every worker discuss about the feature with fiverr. 

It won't come back ever so forget it and move on.

90% of the sellers misused the feature of Buyer Requests just for the sake of their gig promotion even it was created for Buyers only. That's why Fiverr has gotten rid of it which was a good decision!

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Fiverr is no doubt one of the best platform in the world. Millions of freelancers are associated with this Platform and earning good money. I would really appreciate the team of fiverr and want to thanks to all of you for giving us such a great platform. 

BUT NOW ITS NOT THE SAME AS BEFORE. MANY FREELANCERS ARE LEAVING IT CAUSE OF ITS LATEST UPDATE OF REMOVING BUYER REQUEST.

BUYER REQUEST was a feature where everyone can share their proposal to client and chances to win the project. But now all is just finished.

How can a freelancer get a project without sending their proposal and without discussion?

How Buyer can decide which freelancer is best or not for their project, without receiving a proposal?

A proposal is something which tells more about a seller and their skills. And this is how it should be.

Anyways thanks Fiverr.

Edited by sidexperto
  • Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

same is my question!
the new algorithm of fiverr is confusing.
they removed buyer requests and now new sellers and the one with deranked gigs can not get any order untill and unless a specific buyer reaches out to their gig but it is kind of impossible thing.
and second thing there is huge competition like every niche has millions of gigs and getting on the top of your niche is an unsermountable task.
fiverr should introduce buyer requests (or similar thing) so that newbies and the one with low ranks can also gets an oppertunity to get a client.
i am really missing buyer request portion of fiverr.
Suppose a new seller starts fiverr and choose for example Minimal Logo designing as his niche.
now there are millions of gig already in fiverr.
tell me what is the chance of getting order for this new seller? 1%?
on the top , top rated sellers and "fiverr's choise" sellers are ready to grab every client of Minimal logo design.
how a new seller or the one with de-ranked gig gets order(because they also needs clients to start their journey). And i think buyer request is the best thing to get clients for these newbies and de-ranked ones.
i think fiverr should consider the buyer request portion with some modifications and surveillance systems so that spamers will stay away.
what is your take on this

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Will Fiverr EVER bring back BUYER REQUESTS?

My name is Vakar Malik and I have been working on Fiverr since 2019. It took me a long time to become a level 1 seller and even longer to become a level 2. 

I received loads of redundant advice like working on SEO for your gigs, working on gig descriptions, and working on gig images. It just feels really frustrating because I tried everything and nothing seems to be working. If you ask me from my experience what helped me get orders? Well, my answer would be buyer requests. I got most of my orders from buyer requests. It allowed me to directly engage with the buyers and let them know about my thoughts on their project and how I would approach it. I have had satisfied sellers only ever since I started working on Fiverr.

Imagine my surprise when Fiverr announced that it was going to remove the buyer request feature. I knew it was going to be devastating for me but promises were made that Fiver's own algorithm would work to match buyers and sellers. it felt great on paper but feels abysmal in implementation. It removed the chance for new sellers to struggle on Fiverr. It removed the human element from Fiverr. Now a dystopian algorithm will decide whether you are worthy of work or not. You get no say in whether you are competent or not. The algorithm will DECIDE FOR YOU. 

Everyone can agree that people usually start at the bottom and work their way up. They could be improving their skills or establishing themselves as a reliable seller on Fiverr. BUT NO MORE, because let Fiverr decide for you. Oh, you have not worked on Fiverr before? you must be a novice you cannot handle this... goes the Fiverr's algorithm.

I understand that the reason Fiverr's buyer request was removed was because of buyers spamming it and not using it properly. I acknowledge that it must have been a problem. But was REMOVING buyer requests altogether the way to go? Instead of putting a badaid on a limb fiverr decided to rip off the limb itself. You could have worked on making Fiverr's buyer request a better experience for both the buyer and the seller but you decided to simply remove it. How is that helping it? Because Platforms like Upwork, freelancer, etc. work on the same principle and they are FINE! You cannot use the excuse that it was a problematic system that needed to be removed. If it was problematic then fix it! Don't REMOVE it.

I also understand that Fiverr is well-connected with its community and asks its top sellers for advice on how things are going. Which is great! ( ON PAPER ).
The thing is... Fiver's top sellers were doing fine without buyer requests. They had an established brand and clients they could rely on. So Fiverr listening to THEIR feedback did not help the middle and low-level sellers on Fiverr.

I feel like I have been ranting for too long. But I needed it. This post is an amalgamation of months of frustration and constant disappointment and not feeling good enough and trying hard but not even understanding HOW to try hard on Fiverr other than making a gig and sitting and waiting for Fiverr's dystopian algorithm to notice you. 

My apologies if I said something wrong or got the facts wrong. This is written from my point of view.

I hope This gets noticed by the relevant people. This is just not just my frustration. I am not alone in this.

Please try to work on this issue.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

I just stumbled across this post and it has come as quite a surprise for me to hear that Buyer Requests have been removed.

I am a TRS now....but like everyone else I started with nothing - I believe that my Fiverr journey was ONLY possible due to 'Buyer Requests' - I reckon my first 20+ orders were obtained by using the buyer request system and it was that which set me on my way.....

If I had been forced to just wait for buyers to choose my gig I think my story here would have been very different - and not in a good way.

So - while I haven't used buyer requests since I was a lowly 'new seller' (hence why I didn't know it was gone) and even though this missing feature won't affect me at all......I can only imagine, from my own experience, that it is very detrimental to those people who are just now joining the platform.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

5 hours ago, elitedesignuk said:

I just stumbled across this post and it has come as quite a surprise for me to hear that Buyer Requests have been removed.

I am a TRS now....but like everyone else I started with nothing - I believe that my Fiverr journey was ONLY possible due to 'Buyer Requests' - I reckon my first 20+ orders were obtained by using the buyer request system and it was that which set me on my way.....

If I had been forced to just wait for buyers to choose my gig I think my story here would have been very different - and not in a good way.

So - while I haven't used buyer requests since I was a lowly 'new seller' (hence why I didn't know it was gone) and even though this missing feature won't affect me at all......I can only imagine, from my own experience, that it is very detrimental to those people who are just now joining the platform.

I am glad that you took the time to respond. I am happy that you acknowledge the problem. But I might add, that the competition between new sellers is always increasing every year. So it gets harder and harder to establish yourself on Fiverr. I hope Fiverr understands this issue and works to resolve it. And like you said, you were not even aware that buyer requests were removed. Because you do not need it anymore. And then Fiverr only taking feedback from top-rated and established sellers makes less and less sense. I remember reading posts from TRS back in the day when Fiverr first removed buyer requests and how they were defending it. Saying that it was the right move. I was just stunned with no words. Like do you even understand the perspective of new sellers? 
Anyways. I hope Fiverr works on this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1