Bring Back Buyer Request

26 minutes ago, vishdrawings said:

TRS Translation. Buyer's request was crap and those who used it are also crap. The new Briefs system gets those crap requests directly to me that means my product is best and I am the best 😄

For someone who has only sold 17 gigs in 2 and a half years, I find your comment very childish and immature

Once you get beyond being a Level 1 seller then your opinion may count. But at the minute your coming across as very bitter and very condescending, and someone who is looking to blame anyone apart from yourself for your underperformance.  

I think you're singlehandedly trying to rub everyone on this forum up the wrong way, and if you spent more time concentrating on your gigs, you may get yourself more sales.   

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, vishdrawings said:

TRS translation. I have more sales so what I want and say matters, what you say doesn't. So ONLY I can say it you can't 😄 

Here are some tips for you

a) It doesn't make you big and clever to insult people who have worked hard to achieve success on Fiverr. 

b) Your attitude stinks. I would seriously consider how you carry yourself before posting again.  You never know when you will need an experienced person to help you! 

c) We're entitled to an opinion just as much as you are. We have also earned the right to call you out if we need to.

d) We post based on experience, not to give you the answer you want to hear.

• Like 8

Not fond of the entire removal of buyer request rather than modifie them so it can better filter out the spam. I got few order from it so it wasn't all that bad on the seller point of view

last year the fiver forum was broken and unusable but at least they modified the code for new functional forum. So I hope they clean the brief AI system. Last month I got 2-3 a day but didn't react to them because I was super busy now I barely got anything

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Sellers misuse the buyer request option very roughly. Fiverr are very aware of every feature that truly impacts the relationship between buyer and seller. Fiverr noticed for a long time that some fool sellers use the buyer request feature to get an order that's fully stupid behavior. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, omorfaruk1124 said:

Sellers misuse the buyer request option very roughly. Fiverr are very aware of every feature that truly impacts the relationship between buyer and seller. Fiverr noticed for a long time that some fool sellers use the buyer request feature to get an order that's fully stupid behavior. 

I have not heard about that before it never sounds good, but mind you it not allowed to use foul language here I am just advising you to stop this kind of language 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Hi 

Everyone I hope you are all doing well, and having a great day. 

I think, instead of the buyer request reopening, Fiverr should send the briefs properly, as I bought seller plus packages, and optimized my gigs according to that. but I realised every time whenever we edit the gigs, impressions drop down faster, and then it takes time to recover, and the loss of "impression and clicks" results in "No Briefs".

• Like 9

Removing the buyer's request section was NOT a good idea. As a seller here since 2015, I know how hard it can be when starting out on this platform. BR was a great tool for newbies to possibly get business. By relying on the "match system" it literally shuts out a lot of people from getting any sales. 

Even if people copy and paste their responses within BR that is not difficult to spot, just going through to recognize who the real buyers or sellers are is what matters. At least on Upwork people can find jobs they can do, Fiverr made a terrible decision with this. 

Then with the crap shoot of buyers that can be very ignorant, if they leave negative feedback automatically your gig is placed lower in search, zero real visibility and forget about getting top rated seller. I hired a Fiverr Success Coach and fixed my gigs perfectly to the instructions he provided, did I get TRS, no! Their next complaint was that the audio in my voice over gig wasn't at the standards of others. Yet when viewing TRS voice over gig feedback in comparison to mine, they had 1 star and 2 star ratings. I have 548 (5-star) ratings and 7 (4-star) ratings. I literally don't understand this platform, it seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Even the promoted gigs section is horrifying, it worked great for me in 2021, but by 2022 I had spent $100 and received $0 in return. I had to turn those off immediately! What is this Facebook ads now??? 

I feel bad for newbies, this platform is changing a lot and it seems to only be catering to the ones on the top. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1

What if both Buyer Request and Get Briefs are included in Fiverr platform...

Buyer Request specifically for new joiners, people who are just starting, who are trying to make a name for themselves. Once they have sufficient orders and great customer reviews, their account automatically upgrades to subsequent levels & moves to "Get Briefs" feature...

And Get Briefs specifically for Level1, Level 2, Top Rated etc etc etc

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 9:41 AM, shenteriamarie said:

I feel bad for newbies, this platform is changing a lot and it seems to only be catering to the ones on the top. 

Hi @shenteriamarie, it looks like you have done really well on Fiverr. I'm sorry you've had all those negative experiences that you mentioned above.

I posted my first gig Nov 2021, so I don't know how the platform was before then, but so far it has been a great platform to work on.

I was a new seller until mid-Jan 2022, quit my day job and started freelancing full-time at the end of February, and became a Level 2 seller in March.

I would agree that there has been a lot of changes in 2022, but most of them have been really good and helpful for me as a seller on the platform. I don't think the platform is catering just to higher sellers.

There are a ton of resources to help newer sellers grow their businesses and the matching system is what makes Fiverr unique from other platforms. I prefer this method because I don't like bidding on projects. It's nice to have buyers come to me.

I've also spent a lot of time studying how Fiverr's matching system works and this has helped me get orders and improve my business, gigs, and quality as a seller. The resources in the Help Center and the forum have also been very helpful.

It may be hard for new sellers to grow their businesses on Fiverr, but it is possible with the matching system that Fiverr has set up.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 7:20 AM, vickieito said:

There are a ton of resources to help newer sellers grow their businesses and the matching system is what makes Fiverr unique from other platforms. I prefer this method because I don't like bidding on projects. It's nice to have buyers come to me.

That’s good for you, but that doesn’t mean what worked for you will work for others. I believe being a Fiverr seller is a personal experience. New sellers liked the buyers request feature and got orders from there. If sellers want to “bid” on a project, that is okay. If they’d like buyers come to them, that is okay too. As long sellers are getting orders and they are satisfying their customers

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, natphiri said:

that doesn’t mean what worked for you will work for others. I believe being a Fiverr seller is a personal experience.

I agree! What I've experienced isn't what others will. Fiverr's platform works well for me for many reasons unique just to me.

4 minutes ago, natphiri said:

New sellers liked the buyers request feature and got orders from there. If sellers want to “bid” on a project, that is okay.

However, this is what Fiverr is moving away from. Fiverr discontinued buyer requests because it doesn't fit their business model of being a matching service. The Brief & Match system may not generate enough orders to sustain most sellers who depended on the buyer requests. Unlike buyer requests that allowed 50 sellers or more to bid on a single project, briefs only match a buyer to 1 or 2 sellers at a time. There's a lot less opportunities to bid on projects and sellers don't have as much control on which briefs they get matched to.

If a seller wants to bid and make offers, Fiverr might not be the best platform to work on. There are plenty of other places where sellers can bid for jobs.

• Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

However, this is what Fiverr is moving away from. Fiverr discontinued buyer requests because it doesn't fit their business model of being a matching service

If this is the reason, then BR should have been removed entirely and not replaced with a supposedly better matching service, Briefs. A seller still has to offer/bid when they are matched with a buyer. So I don’t see how briefs fit their business model from that logic. 

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

If a seller wants to bid and make offers, Fiverr might not be the best platform to work on. There are plenty of other places where sellers can bid for jobs.

Also, I have noticed whenever this topic comes up about Fiverr not being a bidding market place. BR was never a main feature on Fiverr, but it was a feature to help buyers who couldn’t find what they were looking for when searching for gigs. Other platforms also have the searching gig -whatever it’s called - but it isn’t their main feature. 

Edited by natphiri
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, natphiri said:

Other platforms also have the searching gig -whatever it’s called - but it isn’t their main feature. 

It isn't their main feature because most of the other platforms started out as solely bidding platforms. Fiverr was the first to offer a catalog of services (and buyers coming to sellers instead of sellers bidding on jobs), and it was so successful that the older platforms started adding that option, too (not to mention various freelancing sites created after Fiverr and imitating it).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, natphiri said:

BR was never a main feature on Fiverr, but it was a feature to help buyers who couldn’t find what they were looking for when searching for gigs.

14 minutes ago, natphiri said:

If this is the reason, then BR should have been removed entirely and not replaced with a supposedly better matching service, Briefs.

This is exactly why Fiverr chose to upgrade to the Get Brief feature - to help buyers who couldn't find what they are looking for when searching for gigs. Buyer requests never really accomplished this - it never created matches. Buyers would post their jobs and then they would have to sift through tons of offers without knowing the quality of the sellers responding to their request.

The idea of the Get Brief feature is to allow Fiverr's algorithm to match the buyer to a few high-quality sellers with good delivery quality, appearance quality, and seller statistics, as well as services, prices, and availability that match what the buyer is looking for. This matching system functions like Fiverr's search, which is also designed to match buyers to relevant gigs. The Get Brief feature is still in the beginning stages and there are still improvements that need to be made to ensure better matches for the buyers.

23 minutes ago, natphiri said:

A seller still has to offer/bid when they are matched with a buyer. So I don’t see how briefs fit their business model from that logic. 

Only 1 or 2 sellers are matched to the buyer at a time, so the chances of the seller turning the brief into an order is higher. Sellers still have to bid, but it is only really there to give both buyer and seller the choice to work together based on other factors that the algorithm may not see. This is an upgrade from buyer requests, but still needs to be improved to achieve what Fiverr is aiming for  - buyers entering in briefs and Fiverr recommending the perfect seller for them to work with.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

still needs to be improved to achieve what Fiverr is aiming for  - buyers entering in briefs and Fiverr recommending the perfect seller for them to work with.

Achieving that is not happening anytime soon... Especially not with buyers who look for a logo design but choose "Business Names and Slogans" subcategory from Writing & Translation.

(Seriously, how difficult can it be to pick "logo design" if your new company needs a logo? If they needed both a logo and a slogan, it would at least make some sense, though it would still be smarter to send out two different requests.)

• Like 11

Buyer requests never really accomplished this - it never created matches.

Sorry, but I 100% disagree with this. I have been a buyer using BR and I’ve also gotten orders from using BR.

The idea of the Get Brief feature is to allow Fiverr's algorithm to match the buyer to a few high-quality sellers with good delivery quality, appearance quality, and seller statistics, as well as services, prices, and availability that match what the buyer is looking for.

This exactly disadvantages new sellers 

to help buyers who couldn't find what they are looking for when searching for gigs.

Okay, and what was the purpose of BR?

• Like 9
  • Up 1