Bring Back Buyer Request

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

Buyer requests never really accomplished this - it never created matches.

3 hours ago, natphiri said:

Sorry, but I 100% disagree with this. I have been a buyer using BR and I’ve also gotten orders from using BR.

It's not that orders couldn't be made through buyer requests, only that matches (using Fiverr's smart algorithm) weren't being made. From Fiverr's perspective, it was an upgrade to switch to the Brief & Match because it utilizes their smart algorithm to make matches.

3 hours ago, natphiri said:

Okay, and what was the purpose of BR?

6 hours ago, natphiri said:

to help buyers who couldn’t find what they were looking for when searching for gigs.

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

to help buyers who couldn't find what they are looking for when searching for gigs.

Both buyer requests and buyer briefs have the same purpose, which is why Fiverr replaced buyer requests with briefs. I would agree with you that many sellers got lots of orders through the buyer request feature. That may not be possible through Fiverr's new Brief & Match system.

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

Only 1 or 2 sellers are matched to the buyer at a time

With buyer requests, over 50 sellers could make a bid on a single request. However, with briefs, only 1 or 2 sellers get matched at a time and sellers have no control over what briefs they get. 

4 hours ago, natphiri said:

This exactly disadvantages new sellers 

That's why sellers shouldn't focus on the Brief & Match as a major source of orders.  Only a few will get matched to a brief and there really isn't much sellers can do other than turn the feature on.

Buyer requests did have advantages to many sellers. However, since it isn't coming back, sellers will need to learn how to get seen in Fiverr's search so that they can get orders. This is where Fiverr's matching system works best.

The Get Brief system still needs a lot of work to make better matches.

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

buyers entering in briefs and Fiverr recommending the perfect seller for them to work with.

4 hours ago, catwriter said:

Achieving that is not happening anytime soon... 

I agree! There are buyers getting zero matches or bad matches to their briefs and sellers getting a lot of irrelevant briefs. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mdruhulamin44 said:

The info in this post seems to be outdated. Is there a new way to view buyer requests? I’m interested in seeing what the entire market is looking for.

There are no buyer requests anymore. You are going to get briefs from fiverr periodically. It's in your gigs analytics page.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

I don't think removing buyer request is a good decision. Because, When a level 1/2 & top rated seller lost their rank by any reason. They don't get any new seller message. on the other hand, fiverr don't send brief because they have lost rank. In that case, Buyer request is only option to get back their on their rank again without paid promotion

• Like 12

20 hours ago, marketer_merina said:

When a level 1/2 & top rated seller lost their rank by any reason. They don't get any new seller message. on the other hand, fiverr don't send brief because they have lost rank. In that case, Buyer request is only option to get back their on their rank again without paid promotion

Not true, I lost my level once or twice, and I didn't have to use paid promotion to start getting orders again.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Not true, I lost my level once or twice, and I didn't have to use paid promotion to start getting orders again.

How long did you notice (a drop if there was), I've read around the forum that after 90 days is usually til they get back the usual pace (of course referring to sellers who were successful before the drop).

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, theratypist said:

How long did you notice (a drop if there was), I've read around the forum that after 90 days is usually til they get back the usual pace (of course referring to sellers who were successful before the drop).

It was a few years ago so I don't remember exactly, but it was shorter than 90 days. I got back to level 2 in a month or 2 (again, not sure), but it definitely took less than 90 days.

Having repeat buyers helped with that. 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

That would not be a great decision to remove buyer request option. Talking from my experience I got my first order by sending buyer request Within the 24 hours of creating my first gig and got a few more orders after that the same way then I had to leave Fiverr for my on site job and now when I am back and full determined to resume and carry my freelancing career I have no idea where to start as I don't have buyer request's feature anymore.

• Like 11

Hello dear all, I think fiverr gone selfish now, it was working well and an equally job provider site for all new and old sellers but now get brief option is being shown to the upper grade sellers, they want to make more money; do you know the 80/20 rule? now fiverr thinks that only the high sales provider and high price taking sellers are beneficial for them. 

My suggestion: Fiverr should use them both features (buyer request and match a brief) at the same time to see which feature buyers like to use with friendly environment, because I request a brief for book cover mockup and fiverr come back to me after 24 hours with empty hands that it didn't find any seller to match my brief, then I request fiverr to open the buyer request feature again as that was so quick and we get response very fast on our buyer requests from the sellers according to our required work. Now fiverr suggesting buyers only those sellers who have already getting work and many briefs return back with no match. Its not good for both the buyers and sellers as well. Kindly think about my suggestion.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, grafixer1000 said:

Dear you have to contact your old customers and offer them something new offer like you can ask them gently that if they need your help in anything? or offer them a 50% discount as this is you birthday week, so they would contact you back not all but a few will be back to you again!

Don't do this! It's considered spam and could get you reported!

I have bought more than 200 gigs as a buyer, and I have had people do this. It's annoying every time!

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 9
  • Up 4

"It is respectfully suggested that the buyer request option be reinstated. The current lack of this feature has led to a situation where individuals are seeking buyers outside of the platform and accepting payments through external means, contrary to the practices previously established on Fiver. Reinstating the buyer request option would align with the platform's efforts to provide a secure and efficient marketplace for all parties involved."

• Like 14

11 hours ago, ads_shanto007 said:

"It is respectfully suggested that the buyer request option be reinstated. The current lack of this feature has led to a situation where individuals are seeking buyers outside of the platform and accepting payments through external means, contrary to the practices previously established on Fiver. Reinstating the buyer request option would align with the platform's efforts to provide a secure and efficient marketplace for all parties involved."

You have zero sales then how do you know that Buyer Requests were the best option for you?

Why don't you work on your gigs to make them attractive for buyers?

Buyer Requests won't come back ever. Sellers were misusing the Buyer Requests feature that's why it's gone! So you need to work with Get Briefs feature now!

You claim yourself to be a Social Media Marketer/Manager so you must know the tricks on how to get orders! 

• Like 10

"I recently joined the marketplace and have significant work experience from outside the platform. I noticed a buyer request for someone who can offer unique and innovative gigs, but I understand that this can be challenging with the high volume of gigs available. I'd like to express my perspective on the matter and I understand if others may disagree. Moving forward, I will strive to maintain a professional and respectful tone in all my interactions on the marketplace."

• Like 7

On 1/21/2023 at 9:20 PM, vickieito said:

I would agree that there has been a lot of changes in 2022, but most of them have been really good and helpful for me as a seller on the platform. I don't think the platform is catering just to higher sellers.

There are a ton of resources to help newer sellers grow their businesses and the matching system is what makes Fiverr unique from other platforms. I prefer this method because I don't like bidding on projects. It's nice to have buyers come to me.

It may be hard for new sellers to grow their businesses on Fiverr, but it is possible with the matching system that Fiverr has set up.

@vickieito Congratulations on your success on the platform! Unfortunately it isn't working out so well for others. How often do you receive matches for jobs daily with their new system? As opposed to how often a new seller would receive matches for jobs? It is literally shutting out new sellers from the platform.

Of course it can be nice to have buyers come to you, but there are literally zero buyers going to newbies with this new system Fiverr has set up. Buyers would have to use the normal search in order to find someone new and be willing to give them a chance.

It is simply near impossible for new sellers to grow their business on Fiverr, it is extremely difficult now that they have removed BR. What they should have done instead is give people the opportunity to be seen by those looking for the services they offer by leaving the BR section up. It was also a way for newbies to stay active on the platform by putting in bids daily to possibly receive jobs, but it no longer exists. So just like previously a lot of people create profiles on the platform then leave because there's nothing else they can do but wait for the possibility of someone contacting them, which usually doesn't happen. I saw BR as an absolute plus and a great way to get directly in front of those looking for the services one offers. They could have also done the matching system with BR, this would give the buyer more options to choose from which I liked seeing more matches as opposed to the 1 or 2 you mentioned. There seems to be no chance for newbies anymore. It is catering to those on top. 

I have had success with Fiverr, but I also know how hard that road was and how it continues to be with new things they have implemented. As the platform evolves, it was once one that worked well for those starting out with freelancing, not so much anymore. 

Then the promoted gigs section which is its own form of Facebook ads which can get out of hand. Then there's the early payout feature which I hear can be a big nightmare. I get that they have to evolve to make more money from sellers on the platform, but some of these new features are very questionable.  

• Like 9

On 1/20/2023 at 7:33 PM, vinu1984 said:

What if both Buyer Request and Get Briefs are included in Fiverr platform...

Buyer Request specifically for new joiners, people who are just starting, who are trying to make a name for themselves. Once they have sufficient orders and great customer reviews, their account automatically upgrades to subsequent levels & moves to "Get Briefs" feature...

And Get Briefs specifically for Level1, Level 2, Top Rated etc etc etc

Interesting idea...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shenteriamarie said:

As opposed to how often a new seller would receive matches for jobs?

I did run into a new seller on the forum who said he was getting more matches than he wanted every day, so new sellers can get briefs, and lots of them. I'm not sure why the m0ds removed both of his comments on the thread, but you can see that they kept one of his responses (where he confirmed that new sellers get lots of briefs and he was "bored" of them). They didn't keep his response to me where he responded to my questions saying that he gets more briefs a day than he wanted, nor did they keep my response thanking him for his response. None of the posts were violating anything on the forum. Apparently this new seller was getting more briefs than I was.

Also there was another new seller that published a gig a few weeks ago and still got an order without using the brief system. I'm going to loop him in because it can help other sellers who may have been dependent on the buyer requests to learn how to get orders other ways.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shenteriamarie said:

there are literally zero buyers going to newbies with this new system Fiverr has set up. Buyers would have to use the normal search in order to find someone new and be willing to give them a chance.

And buyers do use the normal search in order to find someone new, and they do hire new sellers. It may not look like it if you only look at the complaints on the forum, but new sellers do get hired.

7 hours ago, shenteriamarie said:

So just like previously a lot of people create profiles on the platform then leave

Freelancing is, in some aspects, similar to starting your own business. And about 95% (or was it 90%?) of new businesses fail. I wouldn't be surprised if the failure percentage is similar in freelancing. At least in freelancing people don't use all of their life savings or take huge loans that they have to give back at some point, whether their business idea works out or not.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, catwriter said:

And buyers do use the normal search in order to find someone new, and they do hire new sellers. It may not look like it if you only look at the complaints on the forum, but new sellers do get hired.

Exactly! I'm a buyer, and I only used BRs maybe three times out of now 250 orders. I usually look through the gigs of both new and established sellers. And I think many buyers do the same. So, I do give everyone a chance to impress me. However, I gotta admit that new sellers have disappointed me more often than not, and often their gigs just don't look that great, so 95% of the time, I'll end up choosing an established seller.

If I had a very strict budget, though, I would still choose new sellers as I used to primarily do.

And I gotta say that I think Fiverr thought primarily about the buyers when deciding to get rid of BRs. It was an absolute mess from the buyer's side. It just wasn't a good look for Fiverr with all the spam and incoherent messages you would get, and I think many buyers would be turned off from buying on Fiverr if they went there. In addition to the three times I did end up buying from BRs I tried several more times without getting anything but spam, spam, and more spam from people who didn't understand or even read my requests. Out of 50 messages, you would get maybe two or three coherent ones if you have a straightforward request. But as soon as it's something a little specific, you will get nothing but unrelated spam offers.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 13

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

I did run into a new seller on the forum who said he was getting more matches than he wanted every day, so new sellers can get briefs, and lots of them. I'm not sure why the m0ds removed both of his comments on the thread, but you can see that they kept one of his responses (where he confirmed that new sellers get lots of briefs and he was "bored" of them). They didn't keep his response to me where he responded to my questions saying that he gets more briefs a day than he wanted, nor did they keep my response thanking him for his response. None of the posts were violating anything on the forum. Apparently this new seller was getting more briefs than I was.

Also there was another new seller that published a gig a few weeks ago and still got an order without using the brief system. I'm going to loop him in because it can help other sellers who may have been dependent on the buyer requests to learn how to get orders other ways.

@vickieitoThanks for looping me in here.  I am not even at Level 1 so I never had experience with buyer request and I am not eligible for briefs. I think for me what may have helped get an order by day 9, was to just try and stand out from the competition.  I did not pay for a gig image.  I researched my keywords carefully, I compared to the competition and read some blogs and watched you tube videos.  I actually joined the forum after publishing the first two gigs.  So, one gig I changed my title cause my keywords really sucked for my category. But, that was the gig that sold too. But, I realize that the URL does not have those keywords.  So, I am not sure where Fiverr search pulls from, the URL, or the text in the title, but it seems like it is the text. 

In looking at the original seller comments, and in looking at her gigs, and the profile on the gigs I felt there were some repetitive words that were not necessary , she should expand on her experience in the gig. I also agree in her case since she is selling graphics that hers should stand out more.  One of the Banners in her gig had Speakers spelled Spaekers and that could be a deal breaker for many.  The pricing was fair I thought.  Final comment is in her profile, she is using a large amount of skillsets.  I would maybe trim these down to match the gigs.  At least take out a few and see what happens.  You can always add them back in, but my concern is that component shows she is trying to be too many things to other people. Maybe others have comments on that, but it seems the algorithm could pick up on that.

This seller needs to have a funnel strategy of some sort where she is drawing awareness.  I do not even have my full name anywhere and people are finding me on other sites already asking for help. So, newer people including myself cannot put all their time into Fiverr.  You need a diversified strategy and build on the successes and tweak things that are not working.

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, minordetails said:

Buyers reputations and jobs could be on the line depending what they do and if their is a deadline and they get a poor quality output.

And more than just jobs... Several years ago, there was a buyer who complained on the forum about the logo design that turned out to be plagiarized...but he only found out after he printed business cards and what not with that logo. He used his life savings to start his small business, and he lost a few hundred bucks (not to mention he risked a lawsuit) because of one fraudulent seller.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3