Bring Back Buyer Request

It's not just you my sister. Nobody is against refinements and improvements but when you remove what's working and you replace with what keeps many people complaining and redundant, then that's not improvement. BR may be gone but what's replaced it currently is worse. Fiverr needs to rework it's strategies on the whole (not just BR). The site is becoming quite redundant tbh. There are arguments that others are hitting it big and all that stuff but that's speculation as we hardly hear of those successes. Was Fiverr meant to aid the success of a few? I doubt. So, if only a few are succeeding (let's just assume) on the platform, it should be a cause for worry to Fiverr which undoubtedly, needs the commissions of as many Sellers to make good profit.

• Like 9

I have researched for a long time and found that the brief system is a bad system. In this system new people are not getting work, new people are not able to show proof by working even after learning work. If one does not work or cannot show proof of work to the sellers then how will he advance? Again those old sellers are taking orders from their rank gigs. Most of them don't need to be briefed but they are being briefed. It is definitely inappropriate. In my opinion the buyer request should be brought back.Then new sellers like me can introduce myself to buyers.

• Like 17
  • Up 1

I think there are both advantages and disadvantages can be created due this, so buyers can select correct sellers to do his job with using artificial intelegence and it should be best thing to save time of both parties. also sellers no need to check ofently about BR and he can apply most suitable jobs according to the Clients requiremnts.

Disadvatages are some sellers can be missed due to poor SEO or gig Handling, But he would have a capacity to do the job under budget of clients.

Most of New sellers will face about lack of jobs due to selected sellers to do it

• Like 10

15 hours ago, labiba_rahman said:

I have researched for a long time and found that the brief system is a bad system. In this system new people are not getting work, new people are not able to show proof by working even after learning work. If one does not work or cannot show proof of work to the sellers then how will he advance? Again those old sellers are taking orders from their rank gigs. Most of them don't need to be briefed but they are being briefed. It is definitely inappropriate. In my opinion the buyer request should be brought back.Then new sellers like me can introduce myself to buyers.

The buyer's request was indeed a very convenient feature for most new sellers. Now it is gone. We will have to adapt to the system and work accordingly. 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, shopifysol said:

So, definitely buyer requests was a great, especially for newbies 

But what are the pros for the platform and for buyers? 
Fine, new sellers want it because they could spam and hope that one spam out of a hundred will get them 5$ order. But what are the advantages for fiverr itself? They are not making decisions to make sellers like it, they make decisions that are good for the platform and it’s profit

• Like 12
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Fine, new sellers want it because they could spam and hope that one spam out of a hundred will get them 5$ order. But what are the advantages for fiverr itself? They are not making decisions to make sellers like it, they make decisions that are good for the platform and it’s profit

You are right but the bidding system is the beauty of any freelancing platform. If you see Upwork, their structure is made in such a way that along with established freelancers, the newbies also get the chance to excel.

**I am against the current update of Upwork too where to have given the option to boost the proposal. That's surely a way of earning more money while increasing the burden on freelancers.

I am not in favor in the buyer requests because it was used badly by the buyers and sellers but I was expecting from Fiverr to improve the current mechanism and implement strategies to stop spammy jobs

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Are new sellers forgetting that they barely saw any BRs (according to them) to start with? If I'm remembering correctly, wasn't there a limit on how many new sellers could answer a BR to start with? 

BR could have been useful to a select few only in my opinion because most buyers didn't even have the time / energy to look through, say, 200 offers at a time. Im sure a few of them made sales (but I also know many just used it to spam those who were sellers themselves) but...

That being said, I would love to hear ideas on a BR that could work. Maybe a low-tier/cheap level for only newcomers? Or a catalogue (from newbies who are actually good) at a lower price - basically the reverse of Fiverr Business? Fiverr $5 or something?

Though honestly, I do think that newbies who deserve orders still get them (I've seen it happen a lot.) BR wasn't the only way to get orders. 

• Like 10
  • Up 4

22 minutes ago, shopifysol said:

You are right but the bidding system is the beauty of any freelancing platform.

Fiverr was created to be different from bidding freelancing platforms. The main idea was that buyers browse through a catalogue of services and pick the gig they like, instead of sellers spending time writing countless proposals and desperately trying to bid less than their competitors in hope that they might get that job.

And after Fiverr, other platforms were created to imitate it. And even Upwork introduced the possibility to have services displayed on the freelancer's profile, so that buyers can order directly. Upwork did it to imitate Fiverr.

Why would Fiverr now want to imitate other platforms, when it was made to be different, and started a new trend?

• Like 13
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, shopifysol said:

You are right but the bidding system is the beauty of any freelancing platform. If you see Upwork,

Not on fiverr. Not having bidding system is what makes fiverr business structure different. Why would they do something that already exist in the market? Why would they make the same marketplace as Upw….? If you like bidding system then there are other platforms other than fiverr 

• Like 15

The only thing I miss is clicking “remove request” until the list is empty.

And, perhaps, the content of some of these ridiculous requests.

Example: “I need somebody to compose original orchestral music, hire an orchestra, record the orchestra, mix and master the record, write a book, narrate the book, mix and master the voice-over with the music and, distribute the finished product.

Deadline: 2 days

Budget: 10 bucks

PS. Come mop my house as well.

Cheers.”

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

On 12/22/2022 at 4:03 PM, labiba_rahman said:

I agree with you the situation of brief is really bad 😞

• Like 8

OMG!

At last after 1 month, Fiverr algorithm was able to match a brief with my service !!!!

But please stop! Look at the description which is matched with my service! Very funny! During my whole freelancing career started on May 2018, as far I can remember, I never provide any such service, I just have an (product) image editing gig! Although it is an image related (but not image editing related) brief, but your algorithm should check the description of the brief as well.

Beside image editing related gig, I have other gigs of book formatting, pdf form creation and retyping which sold well before this peculiar "Brief" era! But unfornately I didn't get any brief for those gigs for about 1 month by the brilliant algorithm system of Fiverr!

Man!! Please either discard this peculiar brief system and bring back the previous Buyer Request system or make it better so that we can get atleast 15 to 20 matches per month! Our freelancing career is about to be ruined for your, so called "Amazing" brief system, we are not getting jobs because we have no scope to apply!

Regards,

cdmamun

Screenshot_Service Match_Fiverr.jpg

service match.jpg

Edited by cdmamun
changing of a word and blurring of buyer's name on the screenshot
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1