Bring Back Buyer Request

2 minutes ago, vishdrawings said:

Do not pretend to be on the buyer side when giving answers benefitting seller side. TRS stands for top rated "sellers" not top rated "buyers" 😄 

I.. uh...

I am not pretending. If you look up some of my old posts (on the forum in general) you'll see proof (if you don't take my words for granted) but I'm working on a pretty big game (I can send you the outline and art I have so far if the posts aren't enough :P) and I happen to be looking into outsourcing both artists and likely programmers/devs for it. The project is a bit slower than I wanted it to be because of how busy I am/health issues that prevent me from working overtime, but I keep a close eye on new sellers (artists, mostly) who might fit the vibe I'm going for (and who I actually have messaged from the forum mostly or found via BR.) I am on both sides because I'm both a seller AND a buyer, why does that feel so impossible? I can only tell you MY experience with briefs as a buyer - which means that I was given two sellers with not-so-much experience on site (granted one of them had a lot of experience on other grounds) and a level 2 seller.

7 minutes ago, vishdrawings said:

As for being available only on holidays goes, isn't that exactly what "pausing gigs" and "set availability" option for?

Yes and no from what I understand. I think it's OK to pause your gigs from time to time, but especially with so many new features (Fiverr has changed a crazy lot this year) I think you might lose out on a lot (promoted gigs, seller plus, briefs, etc.) if you use them frequently because you take yourself out of the equation.
As for your level 2 friend, that IS a bit odd, honestly, but I don't think that's necessarily tied to briefs. Maybe in one year we'll be able to say for sure but I genuinely think that briefs are still changing all the time (and maybe not everyone is 'in' the system yet? 

In the actual search I typed in 'game art' and saw basically everything (from no level seller to pro) on the first and secong page, but I know that it depends on who's searching (and how much they tend to purchase for.)

I think what we're trying to say is that YES, we have it easi-ER, as higher levelled sellers, but it's still possible to 'shine' if you genuinely have the talent. Good images actually help a lot, same as descriptions (because clicks are in a way, more important than impressions, right? You want people to see you and CLICK. For that, you need a great image (not saying you don't, but I'm sure you could make them pop even more.

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I am not pretending.

That was a joke, don't take it too seriously, that's why the " 😄 " emoji. As I mentioned before I edited the banner made by a TRS for a client. Lots of minor adjustments and leg work is outsourced to lower level sellers by both higher level sellers and developers. So buyer's request worked for me. My comment was, you can get better matches by regular searches now since briefs will most likely get you worse options as it is now.

As for your level 2 friend, that IS a bit odd, honestly, but I don't think that's necessarily tied to briefs. Maybe in one year we'll be able to say for sure but I genuinely think that briefs are still changing all the time (and maybe not everyone is 'in' the system yet? 

I found it odd too that's why I asked about it on customer support and then came here. All they had to say was get your stats like order completion/ response time etc up. But that is already at 100% so there's nothing to do there, only thing that is different is the seller level. 

I already have level 1 ( me ), level 2 ( my friend ), TRS experience from people on this forum. I asked for what is the new seller situation like.

I think what we're trying to say is that YES, we have it easi-ER, as higher levelled sellers, but it's still possible to 'shine' if you genuinely have the talent. Good images actually help a lot, same as descriptions (because clicks are in a way, more important than impressions, right? You want people to see you and CLICK. For that, you need a great image (not saying you don't, but I'm sure you could make them pop even more.

Yes, getting visibility when people search a particular job is the way to go now. The option to get noticed via buyer's request is dead. If there are hundreds of people offering the same job, your profile is bound to get pushed to 3rd or 4th page where sellers won't go and there is a chance no one will even get a chance to see your Good Images. This system was already in place as regular search now briefs work on the same principle. That's why I said buyer's request is essentially dead.

This is my last reply for the day as my limit is over, all I have done so far is repeating the content from my previous replies 😄

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, vishdrawings said:

As I said before regular searches already shows "high quality sellers" first.

It also gives additional visibility to new sellers during their first month. Not to mention that it often shows a few (or more than a few) sellers with no or almost no reviews, to give them a chance. I've seen numerous complaints about that: if you filter for bestselling gigs, it should show you gigs with most sales, and yet, on the very first page, you can see gigs with zero sales.

1 hour ago, vishdrawings said:

As for being available only on holidays goes, isn't that exactly what "pausing gigs" and "set availability" option for?

It is, but Fiverr wants sellers to be available. In one of the webinars this years we've learned that, if you're unavailable for more than 30 days a year, your ranking will drop.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, catwriter said:

It also gives additional visibility to new sellers during their first month. Not to mention that it often shows a few (or more than a few) sellers with no or almost no reviews, to give them a chance. I've seen numerous complaints about that: if you filter for bestselling gigs, it should show you gigs with most sales, and yet, on the very first page, you can see gigs with zero sales.

Yes, as I said before, fiverr search is better both from buyer's and seller's perspective now that buyer's request is dead. Briefs only caters to TRS, if you are getting matches then good for you, can't count on it though especially if your level is low.

20 hours ago, catwriter said:

It is, but Fiverr wants sellers to be available. In one of the webinars this years we've learned that, if you're unavailable for more than 30 days a year, your ranking will drop.

As you can see my ratings and stats never dropped, I get inbox queries and order too and I respond to all of them even if I am not going to take the project. But I too needed Buyer's request to get that momentum when I started. Not a lot of people ask for many items to be made in the game art category anyway. It's only minor adjustments and additions to existing assets. Only big projects come from people who are developers themselves or have a coder. 

My level 2 friend is a developer so I get projects through him since making a complete game pays A LOT more than either coding or game art can fetch separately. 😄

• Like 8

3 hours ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

Who thinks that buyer's request should be opened? 

I don't understand the question?  You mean 'who thinks buyers request should be re-instated' ?

In that case my answer is No.  Business have to evolve, and this is what Fiverr is doing to make itself a competitive marketplace, which is free from spammers and scammers.

People need to embrace the change and accept that buyer briefs are the way forward. Saying that, I haven't used either, and i'm sure that the other L2, TRS and Pro freelancers are all in the same position.  We built our businesses from the bottom up through hard work and tenacity, and not relying on chance that a buyer brief/request comes our way.  

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Up 4

5 hours ago, breals said:

I don't understand the question?  You mean 'who thinks buyers request should be re-instated' ?

In that case my answer is No.  Business have to evolve, and this is what Fiverr is doing to make itself a competitive marketplace, which is free from spammers and scammers.

People need to embrace the change and accept that buyer briefs are the way forward. Saying that, I haven't used either, and i'm sure that the other L2, TRS and Pro freelancers are all in the same position.  We built our businesses from the bottom up through hard work and tenacity, and not relying on chance that a buyer brief/request comes our way.  

I agree with you that "People need to embrace the change and accept that buyer briefs" But in this case, Fiverr should send the briefs on daily basis.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, jeepoo said:

Bring back buyer's request, it used to make us the starters to be busy and hopeful.

Most people on here are sellers like you so we can't really bring BR back - but I'm genuinely curious. How many orders did you get from it? Was it truly that useful to you? 

• Like 13

23 hours ago, jeepoo said:

Bring back buyer's request, it used to make us the starters to be busy and hopeful.

Buyer's request is dead and you won't be getting matches any time soon if you are a new seller. Do that clickbait thing like she said and get noticed through normal fiverr search. You will get your starter orders and then it will depend on the quality of your work.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 6:09 PM, joyanti_roy said:

Hello Fiverr Forum Community,
I hope you all know the new disease in fiverr call briefs! Seriously the worst update fiverr did. Yes in old buyer request people do too much scamming but this briefs thing doesn't work for new sellers. In my observation throughout the internet only the top rated sellers are getting briefs but that's not fair! No newcomers will come to fiverr then. Here is my warm request to fiverr please bring back the old buyer request and you guys are highlighting a thing the NEW ALGORITHM bring that to the old buyer request train your system to auto detect if the buyer request is fake or real. I don't think its necessary to make this brief functionality. And other people please also say your thoughts here. We need to stand and report together before its too late :)

Please don't take my words in heart! I really love working in fiverr and got some awesome clients who are now my friends! But this BRIEF thing changed all....

Screenshot 2022-11-10 230722.png

Am with you..  @joyanti_roy

• Like 11

On 12/8/2022 at 2:02 AM, breals said:

Fiverr is just doing that to squeeze as much money as possible from buyers and nothing else, since the new brief feature suggests you a budget range ( which is usually higher than what people posted on buyer's requests ) and tells you there are NO matches if you put in a lower budget. If you put in a higher budget, it matches you to a high level seller  ( e.g. TRS get matched more, level 2 get matched less times and new sellers hardly ever ) that will ask for higher price and fiverr gets more commission as a result.

As for scammers and spamming goes, you can see how many sellers ( who do get matches ) are complaining about fake self promotion briefs and wrong matches.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:02 AM, breals said:

1. Different levels are NOT in the same position, hence so many queries.

2. If you haven't used it, why are you against it without any knowledge?

3. You built your business from bottom up doesn't mean you will oppose others who are building their business.

Buyers request DOESN'T come your way, you have to work for it by browsing through all the posted request and sending your offer to selected buyers and talking to them, since there was a lower maximum limit to how many offers you can send if you are a new seller. They can't spam bids to everyone like TRS.

Edited by vishdrawings
  • Like 10

I’ve been reading through similar threads, and I felt like adding my opinion. In my opinion, I don’t think those who were not affected by the removal of BR and never really took orders from BR should have a say honestly. Some sellers did rely both on organic orders and BR. And saying that one cannot be a great seller if they rely on BR is a really pathetic take. Every seller is different and their journey to succeed will be different and I don’t think each seller should get to the top the same way others did.  If buyers requests really helped others, then that’s great. If it didn’t work for you and you didn’t need it, then okay. I benefitted a lot from BR that I would make a ridiculous amount every week, and sending offers everyday is quite hard work if you ask me. And it helped a lot because I was a part time seller unlike others. It’s unfortunate the complete removed buyers request, I thought they would modify it in a way to make it better for the seller and buyer. 

I’ve said my opinion, and I’ll continue replying with my opinion and I won’t care about yours.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

9 hours ago, fastdesigner_n said:

I want Buyer request.

I want to be rich, younger, and still know what I know now, but that will not happen, and Fiverr will not bring back BRs no matter how much sellers demand or beg for them to return.

@mariashtelle1 made a good point here as part of a thread about Buyer Requests you may want to read.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 11
  • Up 6

27 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I want to be rich, younger, and still know what I know now, but that will not happen, and Fiverr will not bring back BRs no matter how much sellers demand or beg for them to return.

I am not sure what part of this thread is the most entertaining. The ham headed, "I want what I want" tantrum which ignores reality. The lousy advice that assures such wishes will be granted, or the general lack of awareness that pining for the return of BR is not a good look as it is literally endorsing and wishing for the continuation of the "race to the bottom."

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 12