Cancellations. How many do you have?

3/39 … if the 3 orders were not cancelled, there would be 42 orders.

Current completion rate at 94 percent.

Cancellations from weirdos. Didn’t delve in the cancellations for long. The first one did tick me off, though!

I’ve had 8 cancellations and 187 completed orders.

#1- The buyer did a chargeback after the order was completed
#2- The buyer requested me to upload some products on their website, but somehow their Squarespace account deleted right as I was finishing up 🤨
#3- The buyer accidentally ordered the wrong gig (they meant to order my word search one, but instead ordered the VA one)
#4- Halfway through the order, the buyer decided that they no longer needed the service done for them
#5- The buyer placed an order (without contacting me), and it was something I couldn’t do
#6- The buyer placed an order (without contacting me), and it was something I couldn’t do
#7- I was overloaded with orders and I had to cancel
#8- The buyer placed an order (without contacting me), and it was something I couldn’t do

1. Yikes, right? That’s about 3% of my orders. In the past five-plus years, I’ve had four times that I had to request cancellation on all the orders in my queue due to medical and emergency family issues. It’s quite different to be self-employed and get punished for sick and family leave, but that’s how things are.

Of course, there have been some erroneous orders and other issues all sellers face.

An appropriate #AskFiverrForum

People with 15+ cancellations, how do you feel?!

It could help a lot of members who panic over cancellations, less panicky!

People with 15+ cancellations, how do you feel?!

This is a meaningless metric. If you have 15+ cancelations with 1000 completed orders, that’s nothing. If you have 15+ cancelations with 20 completed orders, you have big problems.

My cancelation rate is 4% of all the orders I’ve completed. It’s from 8-9 gigs in total. I find it reasonable. Sometimes it’s a good business practice to hop off before you invest your time and energy into something that has potential to become a big problem after the delivery is made.

Two cancellations in total so far. I’ve been very fortunate. 😀

One was a buyer who accidentally over-purchased a voice over and the other was a crypto pyramid scheme promoter who wanted me to commit a gun crime on video.

Two cancellations

you what now?? That’s impressive. Do you tend to complete orders even if the buyer is being The Worst ™️? Or have you just had pretty chill buyers?

I’m at 79 cancellations over a 5-year period. I’m happy with that. Since I’ve added a couple disclaimers in my gig description and in my requirements section I’ve noticed buyers are usually pretty crystal clear on what to expect nowadays and there’s almost never a need to cancel.

27,000 completed orders, 28 cancelled. That’s actually not as bad as I thought. Most of the cancellations were from scammers who still posted their work to their blogs or sites. FCS doesn’t care. I do my best to screen out any potential scammers now.

27,000 completed orders, 28 cancelled. That’s actually not as bad as I thought. Most of the cancellations were from scammers who still posted their work to their blogs or sites. FCS doesn’t care. I do my best to screen out any potential scammers now.

Holy moly! That’s a lot of orders.

Two cancellations

you what now?? That’s impressive. Do you tend to complete orders even if the buyer is being The Worst ™️? Or have you just had pretty chill buyers?

I’m at 79 cancellations over a 5-year period. I’m happy with that. Since I’ve added a couple disclaimers in my gig description and in my requirements section I’ve noticed buyers are usually pretty crystal clear on what to expect nowadays and there’s almost never a need to cancel.

Do you tend to complete orders even if the buyer is being The Worst ™️? Or have you just had pretty chill buyers?

Most of the time I’m lucky and have sane and understanding buyers, but I’ve had some nutjobs and “choosy beggars” as well. Apologies for the incoming story… 😅

I remember one nightmare buyer fairly early on when I was selling. It was a 20 buck order for like 1200 words for a VO for a mobile game character (will never price myself that low again!). He was incredibly nit-picky and particular about the VO sounding just right in his head. I delivered the entire audio, but then he wanted everything in a different style than discussed.

I bit my tongue and bared with it since this was early on in my selling and I didn’t want a disgruntled buyer, and I also offered a free revision on orders (don’t do that anymore either!). I re-recorded, re-edited, and resubmitted the entire audio, only for him to go through every line recorded with a fine tooth comb and ask once again for about half the lines to be done in slightly varying tones, as if this was a live, directed VO session…

I was done. My voice was getting shot. I wanted to rip into the guy right then and there. But I once again grinned and bared with it. With another round of revision recording and editing, I submitted the audio. The buyer was very happy with the results, closed the order quickly and left a review. I left a scathing 2 star review of the buyer and immediately blocked him from ordering from me again, which caught him by surprise as he left a 5 star review and was already talking about the next script for me to voice…

This was a rare instance of a buyer being ambushed by a ninja-posted bad review, instead of the common occurrence of a seller getting ambushed. 😈

Since I’ve added a couple disclaimers in my gig description and in my requirements section I’ve noticed buyers are usually pretty crystal clear on what to expect nowadays and there’s almost never a need to cancel.

My FAQ, Order Requirements page, and even all my spokesperson gig videos either reference or directly list a disclaimer of all the things I am unwilling or unable to do. I think it’s a bit overkill, but it definitely removes any ambiguity from buyers who can actually read or watch a video. 🤓

Are you sure you didn’t add a zero to that? I saw you have 1.5k orders, so I am pretty sure that’s an extra zero right there.

Archived