Do I have the right idea using text from classic literature in my Voice Over demo?

Hello,

I feel like asking for opinions on the script material I'm currently using for my voice over demo. Two of my specialty VO areas are video narration and radio, and I wanted to demonstrate my skills in narration in my demo recording. I thought the best source of royalty free scripts I could use for that was classic English fiction, since it is in the public domain. I've recorded a few clips of such text now. Recently though, I was searching through other Fiverr VO artists gigs and noticed that no one else seemed to be using literature text (or story text of any kind for that matter) in their demos. For those doing video narration, like me, they seemed to prefer using commercial or explainer video script. 

This has made me start to wonder, is classic literature a good fit for a voice over demo specializing in video narration? Would it be better suited for doing audiobooks? I'm just starting out in voice over so I wasn't sure about doing audiobooks yet, because of them being a "marathon" read. 

I'd appreciate any opinions on this. 

• Like 3