Fiverr Gig Promotion Results after April Update

43 minutes ago, balajiventures said:

Hi, I am just curious to know the kind of results the sellers are getting since the recent update with paid gig promotions. 

Hi there! 

Could you please link me to the update made in April regarding the promoted gigs? I might have missed that bit of information and I'd very much like to see what's changed within the update. Thank you so much!

• Like 9

There was no update. Maybe the OP got access to Promoted Gigs and he used it during the month of April. However, the service has been around for quite some time. Some people say it's worth it for them, others spend a lot without good returns. So it's not a for-sure, money-making machine..

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Sure, Previously, sellers need to have 20 reviews on a gig in order to promote it. Now, the only requirement is that the seller must be atleast level 1. Due to this, a lot of sellers are now eligible for gig promotions which has increased the competition. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, balajiventures said:

Sure, Previously, sellers need to have 20 reviews on a gig in order to promote it. Now, the only requirement is that the seller must be atleast level 1. Due to this, a lot of sellers are now eligible for gig promotions which has increased the competition. 

I understand.

Well, comparing January/February or even late 2023 to April 2024, my promoted gigs spendings have decreased a lot, but the income from promoted gigs decreased as well. The number of impressions from promoted gigs is now lower, even on the gigs that use "Promote with no cap". So yeah, I can clearly see the promoted gigs function is not performing (at least for me) as well as it did before it went free for all with the level 1 threshold. 

But again, it's not like I'm bleeding money, since this comes with fewer $ spent on ad cost.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

There was no update. Maybe the OP got access to Promoted Gigs and he used it during the month of April. However, the service has been around for quite some time. Some people say it's worth it for them, others spend a lot without good returns. So it's not a for-sure, money-making machine..

Yeah, I have not been able to find someone yet who is doing better after the new launch of new update/Seller Level system.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, hzsmith said:

I understand.

Well, comparing January/February or even late 2023 to April 2024, my promoted gigs spendings have decreased a lot, but the income from promoted gigs decreased as well. The number of impressions from promoted gigs is now lower, even on the gigs that use "Promote with no cap". So yeah, I can clearly see the promoted gigs function is not performing (at least for me) as well as it did before it went free for all with the level 1 threshold. 

But again, it's not like I'm bleeding money, since this comes with fewer $ spent on ad cost.

I see, thanks for your response. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1