Some buyers would ask for your soul in exchange of $5

amansr

So I was going through the Buyer Request and I found this request with the budget of $5:

My international nonprofit just finished our Bridging Cultures Documentary. We are looking for an accomplished and successful video editor. One who specializes in documentaries. I don’t care how many years you’ve been editing. I want to know what you’ve actually accomplished and the success you’ve had. If you have no results to show for, then don’t apply. .The documentary will be 90 minutes long .This consists of 30 minutes from interviews and b-roll .40 minutes from action shots such as working out and cooking, and day in the life videos. . 20 minutes of tours within the city and other footage The shooting is already organized day by day over the course of 9 days from shooting. I will provide and tell you what footage to use for each day. Your job is aligning them together and adding in the appropriate b roll to a roll, and transitions/cuts. .We used Canon 90Ds, DJI Maverick Air 2s, and GoPro 8 heroes .The audio is recorded on the devices .Each day will be in chronological order. .There will be no special effects being a documentary. However, we will be providing lots of English subtitles. After the final copy is produced. . There’s around 5 hours of b-roll and footage to work without. Outside of the interviews and talking that will be selected. .I would like complete color grading, audio enhancement, and any camera shacking fixed. . The documentary focuses on connecting the world to the heart and soul of Mexico. If I get one vibe off you that you’re greedy or not a genuine person. Your offer will be deleted right away. *If you can’t give this motion picture and my tens of thousands of waiting for followers(before marketing) The attention this deserves, then don’t apply. I run a Youtube channel, the nonprofit, write books, day trade, teach internationally,and other things. So let’s not waste each other’s time. Make me an offer and list any relevant awards, accomplishments,etc… Once again IDC if you’ve you’re on your 1st or 2nd year for the 10th time. Aka 10 years of experience with no success. Thank you and have a great day. -Seiluke.Nonprofit

So I was going through the Buyer Request and I found this request with the budget of $5:

My international nonprofit just finished our Bridging Cultures Documentary. We are looking for an accomplished and successful video editor. One who specializes in documentaries. I don’t care how many years you’ve been editing. I want to know what you’ve actually accomplished and the success you’ve had. If you have no results to show for, then don’t apply. .The documentary will be 90 minutes long .This consists of 30 minutes from interviews and b-roll .40 minutes from action shots such as working out and cooking, and day in the life videos. . 20 minutes of tours within the city and other footage The shooting is already organized day by day over the course of 9 days from shooting. I will provide and tell you what footage to use for each day. Your job is aligning them together and adding in the appropriate b roll to a roll, and transitions/cuts. .We used Canon 90Ds, DJI Maverick Air 2s, and GoPro 8 heroes .The audio is recorded on the devices .Each day will be in chronological order. .There will be no special effects being a documentary. However, we will be providing lots of English subtitles. After the final copy is produced. . There’s around 5 hours of b-roll and footage to work without. Outside of the interviews and talking that will be selected. .I would like complete color grading, audio enhancement, and any camera shacking fixed. . The documentary focuses on connecting the world to the heart and soul of Mexico. If I get one vibe off you that you’re greedy or not a genuine person. Your offer will be deleted right away. *If you can’t give this motion picture and my tens of thousands of waiting for followers(before marketing) The attention this deserves, then don’t apply. I run a Youtube channel, the nonprofit, write books, day trade, teach internationally,and other things. So let’s not waste each other’s time. Make me an offer and list any relevant awards, accomplishments,etc… Once again IDC if you’ve you’re on your 1st or 2nd year for the 10th time. Aka 10 years of experience with no success. Thank you and have a great day. -Seiluke.Nonprofit

If I get one vibe off you that you’re greedy or not a genuine person. Your offer will be deleted right away.

" I run a Youtube channel, the nonprofit, write books, day trade, teach internationally,and other things. So let’s not waste each other’s time."

Sound like a nice guy 😉

The wording is arrogant.

Even if the buyer offered $1500, which is more in keeping with the price of that job - I wouldn’t be interested.

But we all know that people will apply for $5.

Exactly! and that’s what irks me so much. These people would even be ready to become your slave for $5.

The wording is arrogant.

Even if the buyer offered $1500, which is more in keeping with the price of that job - I wouldn’t be interested.

People will, unfortunately apply. But I guess you get what you pay for… cant imagine someone accepting this for $5 having years of experience and knowledge regarding it.

Posts like this are why I stopped looking at requests, thing like this:

LOOKING FOR WRITER!!

We want to write a book about finance and stocks in about 90,000-130,000 words with cover charts, pictures and industry knowledge.

Budget: $10. Maybe $15 if you write 150,000 words.

People will, unfortunately apply. But I guess you get what you pay for… cant imagine someone accepting this for $5 having years of experience and knowledge regarding it.

LOOKING FOR WRITER!!

We want to write a book about finance and stocks in about 90,000-130,000 words with cover charts, pictures and industry knowledge.

Just had a quick look through the BR section and found this gem

i have several youtube videos, which are in HINDI. approximately it comes to a TOTAL of 120 minutes. I can this to be TRANSCRIBED into a word Document and translated in ENGLISH

Budget: 7 $, delivery time: 3 days

That’s why I firmly believe that all those new sellers here on the forum giving tips or asking for tips on how to get orders through buyer requests are doing it wrong.

His book has 13 reviews on amazon, released more than a year ago. Self Published.

His youtube channel has hundreds of videos, mostly with under 200 views. His most viewed video has 12k views. The channel is 13 (yes, 13) years old.

The about page says the following:

“Our mission is by 2022 to positively impact and help guide 3 billion souls into the light. We will do this by sharing free, self-help knowledge rooted in the unadulterated power of divine love, gratitude, and kindness. Sourced out using social media and video film production along with other creative resources. Filming our, “Bridging Cultures Documentaries” that allow cultures around the world to unite together. Along with our nonprofit events we host in other countries.
*** was funded completely out of *****(the owners) personal funds. He now graciously puts any Youtube profits towards the mission trips and documentaries. He does this through the unadulterated vibration of love for humanity and life.
xoxo”

Top kek.

That person is disgusting and if we could report disgusting people in the BR section I would have a field day.

I don’t even use the BR section but the fact that these ********** think it’s ok to talk like that and ask for slavery baffles me. This shouldn’t be allowed even if there are idiots that apply for it.

I wonder what kind of people they are in the real world. Imagine being this arrogant and entitled.

If I get one vibe off you that you’re greedy or not a genuine person. Your offer will be deleted right away.

" I run a Youtube channel, the nonprofit, write books, day trade, teach internationally,and other things. So let’s not waste each other’s time."

Sound like a nice guy 😉

It sound more like he has struggled to find success in anything he has attempted.

Make me an offer and list any relevant awards, accomplishments,etc…

I wouldn’t jump on judging this person so fast.

Unfortunately a lot of people don’t read buyer requests fully and we saw it many times with buyers coming on the forum frustrated that they got only copy pasted responses.

He asks to send him an offer and obviously 5$ price is just a number that he put there to be able to post his request

Unfortunately a lot of people don’t read buyer requests fully and we saw it many times with buyers coming on the forum frustrated that they got only copy pasted responses.

He asks to send him an offer and obviously 5$ price is just a number that he put there to be able to post his request

Yeah, I was just about to mention this as well. It looks like the buyer posted his offer for the minimum price, and is looking for buyers to offer reasonable responses. A agree; I don’t think the buyer is being unrealistic, he’s just putting the ball in the sellers’ court.

LOOKING FOR WRITER!!

LOOKING FOR WRITER!!

Just had a quick look through the BR section and found this ge

i have several youtube videos, which are in HINDI. approximately it comes to a TOTAL of 120 minutes. I can this to be TRANSCRIBED into a word Document and translated in ENGLISH

Budget: 7 $, delivery time: 3 days

LOL there should be a special place in hell for these people.

I think you are being extremely kind to the individual concerned!

From my point of view, the $5 (starting) price sets the tone for negotiations.

Had the buyer for example set a price of $150 (still way to low) then at least it would communicate to sellers that he / shed understands the project will demand time and skill.

Given the extreme level of detail within the job description, I doubt the $5 pricing would be a mistake. This type of buyer is across everything.

Given the extreme level of detail within the job description, I doubt the $5 pricing would be a mistake. This type of buyer is across everything.

was about to say the thing. The fact that someone would go to such an extent while describing the job but “mistakingly” put $5 as the budget, doesn’t sit well with me.

Archived