9 May 2024 starting the Fiverr journey [EN - ID]

Hi Fiverr community! I'm the new kid on the block in the freelance world and on this Fiverr platform.
I'm an academic who loves reading and writing. Coming from Indonesia, I'm focusing on my writing skills. I'm used to writing in both Indonesian and English for scientific journals that my team and I create. In our scientific journal team, I usually research literature, summarize it, and then elaborate that knowledge into our writings. The literature I work with comes from various selected sources.
Nice to meet y'all, and do check out my Gig sometime if you need help translating between English and Indonesian, or vice versa, or if you need some written content.

PS: Quite a few folks have messaged me asking to chat via Telegram—is that normal?

• Like 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome in Fiverr community. Best of luck for starting in new journey.

I think as a new freelance you should not chat via other platforms. It's should affect your Fiverr account.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hilman_maulana said:

PS: Quite a few folks have messaged me asking to chat via Telegram—is that normal?

Nopes. Report and block them, they are scammers. 

Also, don't scan any QR codes or share bank/card details with anyone. Scammers usually target new sellers with all their tricks. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 2:32 PM, aich1996 said:

Welcome in Fiverr community. Best of luck for starting in new journey.

I think as a new freelance you should not chat via other platforms. It's should affect your Fiverr account.

On 5/12/2024 at 2:42 PM, priyank_mod said:

Nopes. Report and block them, they are scammers. 

Also, don't scan any QR codes or share bank/card details with anyone. Scammers usually target new sellers with all their tricks. 

Thanks a bunch.

On 5/12/2024 at 3:31 PM, rabihumakhan said:

Don't leave the platform for anything. Plus, beware that producing academic work isn't not allowed on Fiverr and may get in hot water. Please don't do that. 

Give me an example of the "academic work" you mention.  

• Like 1