Some buyers would ask for your soul in exchange of $5

amansr

Written word can be tricky to interpret. To me, the buyer sounds frustrated. As though this attempt is the Nth time he’s tried and all the details have been added as the attempts have failed to yield results.

If that’s the case, he should spend time vetting and buying tiny samples.

Well elaborated! Seems frustrated.

People will, unfortunately apply. But I guess you get what you pay for… cant imagine someone accepting this for $5 having years of experience and knowledge regarding it.

Posts like this are why I stopped looking at requests, thing like this:

LOOKING FOR WRITER!!

We want to write a book about finance and stocks in about 90,000-130,000 words with cover charts, pictures and industry knowledge.

Budget: $10. Maybe $15 if you write 150,000 words.

Well, this is the tragedy being faced by seller.

It’s definitely possible to not put a price, I regularly see buyer requests with — as budget.

It’s definitely possible to not put a price

I also see those BRs but every time I posted my requests I couldn’t skip that part. It was forcing me to put a price.

Had the buyer for example set a price of $150 (still way to low) then at least it would communicate to sellers that he / shed understands the project will demand time and skill.

I know it could’ve been an example price because I was doing it myself. I give a detailed brief but of course I was explaining in the request itself that 5$ is only a price to post a request and shouldn’t affect the market rate.

(But again I was adding that part because I’m a seller myself and know how people could react on it)

I think it’s still unfair cursing this buyer for this.

We saw many really ridiculous offers where buyers explicitly were saying that they are not ready to pay more than 5$ but still want a moon. But this situation I would argue. It all depends on how you read it and I still would’ve sent my Offer to him even if it’s 2000$.

It’s definitely possible to not put a price

I also see those BRs but every time I posted my requests I couldn’t skip that part. It was forcing me to put a price.

Had the buyer for example set a price of $150 (still way to low) then at least it would communicate to sellers that he / shed understands the project will demand time and skill.

I know it could’ve been an example price because I was doing it myself. I give a detailed brief but of course I was explaining in the request itself that 5$ is only a price to post a request and shouldn’t affect the market rate.

(But again I was adding that part because I’m a seller myself and know how people could react on it)

I think it’s still unfair cursing this buyer for this.

We saw many really ridiculous offers where buyers explicitly were saying that they are not ready to pay more than 5$ but still want a moon. But this situation I would argue. It all depends on how you read it and I still would’ve sent my Offer to him even if it’s 2000$.

Maybe it’s a bit roundabout/not immediately obvious, like some other things on the site.

If I had no idea what a realistic/appropriate budget was, I’d certainly spend some time to try and figure out how to leave it blank (just like I managed to find out how to contact support, or how to not leave a tip ;)) but if it’s not immediately clear how to not put a budget, many or most people probably will just put one, I guess.

If even you couldn’t find how (but there are people who manage, so the option must exist), it’s probably too complicated, but might be like that on purpose, just like Fiverr hopes that people find the answer to their question in the Help Center before contacting support.

Or it’s a bug when people send requests without budget, idk, it’s possible, I guess 😃

Just had a quick look through the BR section and found this gem

i have several youtube videos, which are in HINDI. approximately it comes to a TOTAL of 120 minutes. I can this to be TRANSCRIBED into a word Document and translated in ENGLISH

Budget: 7 $, delivery time: 3 days

That’s why I firmly believe that all those new sellers here on the forum giving tips or asking for tips on how to get orders through buyer requests are doing it wrong.

Just WATCHING this video for 120 minutes should be AT LEAST 2 hours of minimum wage. Then add the hours spent transcribing at a pace that typical employee would do. That would be the MINIMUM cost.

May he select $5 by mistake, Only crazy and made people can ask such a work in $5.

Only crazy and mad people can ask such a work in $5.

I am going to throw a curveball here with my opinion.

In the near future, maybe, not sure yet, I will publish some BR in line of:

BR #1 I need ghost writing of the book 10000 words, I will provide the theme and spirit of the book. Budget TOTAL $5, no tips.

BR #2 I need an audio recording of 100 famous quotes read in the spirit of the quote in a deep male voice. Each recording must be HQ with no BG sounds in separate file plus list of all quotes and file names. Budget TOTAL $5, no tips.

BR #3 I need lyrics videos HQ for 30 songs. I will provide lyrics and music, you must find appropriate stock footage only CC0, and edited to perfection. Budget TOTAL $5, no tips.

BR #4 I need 100 unique never seen before black mandalas for coloring book with exclusive copyrights. Budget TOTAL $5, no tips.

BR #5 I need logo animation videos 20 logos unique provided by me, each video must be HD and unique with CCo BG music in the style of animation. Budget TOTAL $5, no tips.

BR #6 I need 100 unique titles written in calligraphy 1920×1080 min HD resolution and vectorized. i will provide titles. Budget TOTAL $5, no tips.

BR #7 I need an android mobile app game in my style with 100 unique progressive levels, match 3 type and memory game, puzzle slider. Budget TOTAL $5, no tips.

The point here is not that I am not willing to pay more, the point is that only crazy people will accept to do this for that budget, but I am not forcing them, that is the mentality of the buyer.

Fiverr is more like a street market where none of the listed prices really matters. You make couple of rounds and you reduce the price by 70%. Fiverr is even better. You offer 1% and people come to you and offer to sell you.

The risk here is will you get something good out of 5$? Maybe yes, maybe no. But like all betting, 5$ is worth the risk.

Buyers may be crazy, but it only works because people send offers.

If you see 5$ and you do not want to work for 5$ do not apply. The buyer is not going to give you extra, he is not flexible and you will not get a tip. Done.

His book has 13 reviews on amazon, released more than a year ago. Self Published.

His youtube channel has hundreds of videos, mostly with under 200 views. His most viewed video has 12k views. The channel is 13 (yes, 13) years old.

The about page says the following:

“Our mission is by 2022 to positively impact and help guide 3 billion souls into the light. We will do this by sharing free, self-help knowledge rooted in the unadulterated power of divine love, gratitude, and kindness. Sourced out using social media and video film production along with other creative resources. Filming our, “Bridging Cultures Documentaries” that allow cultures around the world to unite together. Along with our nonprofit events we host in other countries.

*** was funded completely out of *****(the owners) personal funds. He now graciously puts any Youtube profits towards the mission trips and documentaries. He does this through the unadulterated vibration of love for humanity and life.

xoxo”

Top kek.

*** was funded completely out of *****(the owners) personal funds.

“Was funded completely by Fiverr sellers working for free fearing my review or their cancellation rate going up” - I fixed it for him.

Archived