Thought/suggestion to help identify serious buyers

marscaleb

Question

I frequently have to deal with various sellers completely ghosting me when I ask for a price for a job I want to hire for.  It gets very frustrating, and I have a hard time fathoming it.  I am offering money for a job; even if it's not a job you want to take you should at least say so.

The only thing I can fathom is that many of these sellers/artists get inundated with requests from newbies who suddenly disappear when they see the price tag.  And I will admit, the job I am currently looking for is going to be a very hefty price tag, and I am asking some high-quality artists because I know what I'm looking for.  That sounds to me like the kind of situation that attracts people who don't really know what they are asking for.

So if that's the case, the problem is that I don't look any different from these people that are wasting the sellers' time.

I have a thought on that subject that I'd hope the people at fiverr would consider, although I also want to hear from others here because maybe there's a problem that I don't see.

When contacting a seller, it would be nice if the buyer had a badge by their name to indicate how much money they've spent on fiverr gigs.  eg, an icon when they've spent $100, $500, $1000, or even $5000.  That way when I contact a seller about a job that would easily cost over $500 they can see that I am a serious buyer who has spent over $1000 on gigs through my fiverr history.  We don't need to reveal my full history nor do I want to force the sellers to go to a separate page to see this.  But a simple bage to show I am a serious buyer would be nice.

• Like 7

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, marscaleb said:

I frequently have to deal with various sellers completely ghosting me when I ask for a price for a job I want to hire for.  It gets very frustrating, and I have a hard time fathoming it.  I am offering money for a job; even if it's not a job you want to take you should at least say so.

The only thing I can fathom is that many of these sellers/artists get inundated with requests from newbies who suddenly disappear when they see the price tag.  And I will admit, the job I am currently looking for is going to be a very hefty price tag, and I am asking some high-quality artists because I know what I'm looking for.  That sounds to me like the kind of situation that attracts people who don't really know what they are asking for.

So if that's the case, the problem is that I don't look any different from these people that are wasting the sellers' time.

I have a thought on that subject that I'd hope the people at fiverr would consider, although I also want to hear from others here because maybe there's a problem that I don't see.

So you mean, sellers you contact become quite when you offer budget ?

Maybe budget is lowest, such that they don't even bother to negotiate.

or maybe they don't want to risk their stats from new buyer.

(Why: Order cancellation or low rating throws a seller out of search engine making almost low or no chance of selling again, except repeat buyers)

2 hours ago, marscaleb said:

When contacting a seller, it would be nice if the buyer had a badge by their name to indicate how much money they've spent on fiverr gigs.  eg, an icon when they've spent $100, $500, $1000, or even $5000.  That way when I contact a seller about a job that would easily cost over $500 they can see that I am a serious buyer who has spent over $1000 on gigs through my fiverr history.  We don't need to reveal my full history nor do I want to force the sellers to go to a separate page to see this.  But a simple bage to show I am a serious buyer would be nice.

Its not needed. Even if you have reviews from good sellers, that would work.

By the way, seller plus package also expose buyer's average order range.

Not sure what's your way.

If I were you, I would write my requirements and launched a brief.

Then you will be contacted by many serious sellers with their possibilities.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

On 5/12/2024 at 2:00 AM, grayprogrammerz said:

So you mean, sellers you contact become quite when you offer budget ?

No, I am describing what I need and asking for a price.  But they stop responding to me, as if they already assume I won't pay that much.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 5:58 AM, marscaleb said:

When contacting a seller, it would be nice if the buyer had a badge by their name to indicate how much money they've spent on fiverr gigs.  eg, an icon when they've spent $100, $500, $1000, or even $5000

There is a badge for Fiverr Select that does take $ spent into account a bit (there's also Fiverr Pro buyers that you could check if you want that):

https://www.fiverr.com/select

Select member badge

Let sellers know you’re an experienced buyer who expects the best.

Ready to join Fiverr Select?

Just complete 10 orders, totaling $500 or more, within 6 months.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3