I made it! For all newbies (READ AND LEARN)

filipdevaere

@filipdevaere Did you add metadata for your gig images? Will it help to rank the gig? My opinion is now Fiverr doesn't care about gig image metadata. If I am wrong can you share a source to add metadata in the right way😑? I added metadata for 2 gigs but I think now it's useless. Kindly Share your experience. I highly appreciate your ideas. Thank you!🙌

• Like 24
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, gfxwithahsan said:

starting in September 2020

In fact, I did not start in September. I created my account in September 2020.

I started end of November 2020 when I created my first GIG on Fiverr.

I studied how Fiverr was working between September and November.

• Like 21
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2023 at 8:19 AM, filipdevaere said:

k)      I am not showing examples in my gigs. I only show 30 examples in my portfolio.

did you add the portfolio on the profile section or on the gig?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

first of all, thank you for sharing your valuable experience@filipdevaere I tempted to do more serious development on my gigs, because I just create a quick side hustle from the start. I never imagine such outcome until I saw your gigs, it's really intriguing. 
I have a question for you. you said you research how fiverr works between september - october and then you launched a gig in november. when you build a gigs, do you prepare them one by one or create few concept of gigs first? and how much time do you spend to do research for one gig until you publish that. I hope I don't confuse you with my language, Thanks

Edited by allstral
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, allstral said:

you said you research how fiverr works between september - october

I researched how Fiverr worked. I studied what type of service I could offer that had the best chance of success and that was within the range of my skills.

when you build a gigs, do you prepare them one by one or create few concept of gigs first?

I have built my gigs one by one.

and how much time do you spend to do research for one gig until you publish that.

I don't do research for a gig. I mainly focus on the design of user manuals. The translation gigs and some other gigs were created because my customers asked for them. Some of those gigs will likely disappear over time.

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I researched how Fiverr worked. I studied what type of service I could offer that had the best chance of success and that was within the range of my skills.

I have built my gigs one by one.

I don't do research for a gig. I mainly focus on the design of user manuals. The translation gigs and some other gigs were created because my customers asked for them. Some of those gigs will likely disappear over time.

I see the big picture here, but sorry, what do you mean by "Some of those gigs will likely disappear over time" ? 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

It means that I will delete them in the future.

Got it. So in general you have main gigs based on your skill range then create others gradually by most asked services, right? 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, allstral said:

Got it. So in general you have main gigs based on your skill range then create others gradually by most asked services, right? 

That's how it should be, always. Career trajectory needs to be planned on the basis of educational background, skillset/interest area and long term career goals.

People come onboard here and just create a million gigs to offer the most random services because they can!! And then complain about not getting orders... 🫠

PS Seen so many graphic designer accounts, who also offer data entry and virtual assistant services.... 🤦‍♂️ (while their educational qualification might be from IT or commerce domains)

• Like 8

Yes, I understand what you mean. even I did a mistake as you mention here

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

People come onboard here and just create a million gigs to offer the most random services because they can!!

I do it on purpose. After hanging around on this forum (I'm new on the forum btw) I think the golden is everywhere if you want to dig and read towards dedicated and be more serious on this platform. So I understand why this thread mentioning those "I don't do list" and they still didn't get it, lol

2 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

PS Seen so many graphic designer accounts, who also offer data entry and virtual assistant services.... 🤦‍♂️ (while their educational qualification might be from IT or commerce domains)

I think it actually makes things difficult for themself if they don't have the skills, besides how they can even enjoy it? I mean as a person I don't mind doing the work that I hate but for doing the work I don't understand it's a torture

btw, thanks for your insight guys, I appreciate it

Edited by allstral
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

On 5/16/2023 at 1:12 PM, filipdevaere said:

For me, this is proof that a good performance (selling enough and keeping your buyers happy) is the main key for ending up high in the search results. It is all based on your performance on Fiverr compared to the rest of the sellers in your sub-category.

What's the performance metrics that fiverr considers in this case? 

• Like 6