Okay, I'm back.....(20 characters)

writer99025

It’s not the soldier’s job to worry about people’s feelings from whichever side.

I was referring to murdering people, not worrying about feelings.

They are soldiers. What do you think a soldier does? Everyone has a role or duty in life. Because of your soldiers you are able to comment on an online forum and pass judgment without any fear.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are soldiers. What do you think a soldier does? Everyone has a role or duty in life. Because of your soldiers you are able to comment on an online forum and pass judgment without any fear.

Mmmhhh… Probably best to just drop the whole soldiers thing.

I suggest using a “nurse” analogy instead.

Everything you need to wax lyrically about duty, responsibility, not for the money etc. with that profession.

Well, I wanted to join the Indian Army as a kid, but my parents forced me into engineering. But my respect for soldiers remains. Too old to be one now, maybe in my next birth. Anyway guys gotta go, have to write about Jack Russell Terrier.

Well, I wanted to join the Indian Army as a kid, but my parents forced me into engineering. But my respect for soldiers remains. Too old to be one now, maybe in my next birth. Anyway guys gotta go, have to write about Jack Russell Terrier.

I wanted to join the Indian Army

My uncle is a Colonel (retired) in Bangladesh Army, my entire family wanted to join me in defence service, but it’s me who never wanted to do any Govt. Job, I always had my mother’s support 😃 So I’m still able to struggle for my Dream!!

LOL @fastcopywriter and @newsmike are two of my favorite people here. Hate to see them fighting all the time. I mean, politically at least we are all on the same side. Let’s cool it down a bit.

Hate to see them fighting all the time.

We are like Octavian and Marc Anthony, destined to be at odds. It can’t be help.

I have a detached attitude towards money/wealth. I don’t get excited/dejected about it.

You remind me of Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. He was poor, then rich, then he didn’t care about being rich anymore. I love money, but there is a limit. I don’t want to be an investment banker who works 60 to 90 hours a week. I don’t want a full-time job if it means sometimes working nights and weekends. Driving for Lyft is the same, those drivers that make $400 to $1,000 in one day are driving 10-hours a day, it’s not worth it. Who wants to be in a car, in traffic, for 10 hours? Lyft would be awesome if you could make $50 in one hour, but that rarely happen unless you’re in the congested pricing zone, the red zone.

They are soldiers. What do you think a soldier does

I understood your metaphor perfectly. Soldiers aren’t the only ones that deal with battles, that have PTSD.

Well, I wanted to join the Indian Army as a kid, but my parents forced me into engineering.

Isn’t that the way it usually is? Sometimes a parents love can lead us astray, it can stop us from fulfilling our destiny. Still, maybe you got lucky. There’s bullying in the military, specially during basic training. If you’re not someone they like, they can make your life a living hell.

I’d rather work with dogs, but sadly, I have no experience in that arena. I’ve been thinking about volunteering to get some experience.

This is definitely one of the best things you can do. My wife, a fellow freelancer, volunteers at our local Humane Society every week, and she adores it. Dogs are so awesome - non-judgmental, loving, and funny - certainly a great antidote to the drama of freelancing!

Dogs are so awesome - non-judgmental, loving, and funny - certainly a great antidote to the drama of freelancing!

LOL @fastcopywriter and @newsmike are two of my favorite people here. Hate to see them fighting all the time. I mean, politically at least we are all on the same side. Let’s cool it down a bit.

I look at it more as bantering. However, I agree it does sometimes cross the line into arguing.

They are soldiers.

I understood your metaphor perfectly. Soldiers aren’t the only ones that deal with battles, that have PTSD.

Oh, if that is what Writer’s post meant, then I agree. I took early retirement from teaching because of PTSD. I loved my time in the classroom with the kids. Then there was the other stuff that took time far beyond 40 hours a week. I have less 🤑

I look at it more as bantering. However, I agree it does sometimes cross the line into arguing.

They are soldiers.

Oh, if that is what Writer’s post meant, then I agree. I took early retirement from teaching because of PTSD. I loved my time in the classroom with the kids. Then there was the other stuff that took time far beyond 40 hours a week. I have less 🤑

Oh, if that is what Writer’s post meant, then I agree. I took early retirement from teaching because of PTSD.

I can only imagine with the stuff you had to deal with in the classroom. Or was it office politics that created the stress?

For me it was the subjectivity of the career. Having to answer the question “is that a good idea?” everyday.

I envy artists, those people who paint alone, do what they want and either succeed or fail or their own. When you work for other people, it’s totally different. Your precious ideas, your babies, are killed, change, transformed, to the point you don’t recognize them anymore. Even when you’re willing to compromise, to give them what they want, to just deliver something so we can get it over with and start the weekend, they find ways to turn it against you.

And the accusations! The ridiculous idea that a copywriter is not allowed to make a spelling mistake ever, that this needs to be bold, and that needs to be underlined, and you better have the correct date on each document… It’s frustrating as heck.

Oh, if that is what Writer’s post meant, then I agree. I took early retirement from teaching because of PTSD.

I can only imagine with the stuff you had to deal with in the classroom. Or was it office politics that created the stress?

For me it was the subjectivity of the career. Having to answer the question “is that a good idea?” everyday.

I envy artists, those people who paint alone, do what they want and either succeed or fail or their own. When you work for other people, it’s totally different. Your precious ideas, your babies, are killed, change, transformed, to the point you don’t recognize them anymore. Even when you’re willing to compromise, to give them what they want, to just deliver something so we can get it over with and start the weekend, they find ways to turn it against you.

And the accusations! The ridiculous idea that a copywriter is not allowed to make a spelling mistake ever, that this needs to be bold, and that needs to be underlined, and you better have the correct date on each document… It’s frustrating as heck.

The classroom was the part I enjoyed! :heavy_heart_exclamation: On top of all this, we s had to fight each year to get a 1 or 2% pay raise.

Not all US schools are like the one in which I taught. Because I taught in a small rural :mountain_snow:school that paid the lowest wages in the western half of the state. I was trapped, because of the way teacher salary schedules are if you leave and you want to bring your years of experience with you, another school will not hire you. They would instead hire a newbie for less. Hmm, does that sound familiar?

Anyway, sorry for the rant, 😠

The classroom was the part I enjoyed! :heavy_heart_exclamation: On top of all this, we s had to fight each year to get a 1 or 2% pay raise.

Not all US schools are like the one in which I taught. Because I taught in a small rural :mountain_snow:school that paid the lowest wages in the western half of the state. I was trapped, because of the way teacher salary schedules are if you leave and you want to bring your years of experience with you, another school will not hire you. They would instead hire a newbie for less. Hmm, does that sound familiar?

True, teachers really need to get paid more especially in the US. Honestly, I’d recommend you learn an Asian language and move to an Asian country. You’ll be easily hired by Universities or High Schools that pay good money.

Hey Sue, how are you! How’s your business coach business going?

Hey Sue, how are you! How’s your business coach business going?

I’m doing great, the coaching biz is going well thank you - I have a few really nice clients, just enough for me at the moment 🙂

How are your gigs going? I remember someone mentioning that you’d put the prices up a few months ago which is awesome. Did it work for you? 🙂

Archived