Okay, I'm back.....(20 characters)

writer99025

That is called being an adult. It’s all the rage.

So when Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard, was he being an adult? When Steve Jobs built computers from his garage, was he being matured?

I’m not comparing myself to them, I’m just saying there’s more than one way to be an adult. Maybe you like the 40-hour a week grind, I don’t. I’ve done it, I’ve worked all over the country, small and big agencies, and they’re all the same.

Besides, I’m 43-years-old, I’m too old to go back to advertising. I know that industry! A 60-year-old coworker of mine, a freaking genius, was kept away from the Nike pitch because the Creative Director believed that Nike is a young brand and old people have nothing to say. It’s the only industry where being experienced isn’t worth a damn.

Or if you do, opt for a complete career change and change of scenery by doing TEFL teaching abroad.

I would love to do that, thanks for the suggestion. Beekeeper? I’m terrified of bees, always have, always will. Just the buzzing they make freaks me out.

Don’t know if the faraday cage will protect your beehive, a faraday cage protects electronics during an EMP attack. Of course, having read One Second After and other EMP books, the best course of action would be to own a Jeep or another vehicle built in the 70s, with no electronics. Maybe a Pre-1985 Toyota Hilux 4×4, pre-1980’s American-made Trucks and SUVs, Sand Rail or Dune Buggy.

I’m no expert, but I can google.

LOL @fastcopywriter and @newsmike are two of my favorite people here. Hate to see them fighting all the time. I mean, politically at least we are all on the same side. Let’s cool it down a bit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is called being an adult. It’s all the rage.

So when Zuckerberg dropped out of Harvard, was he being an adult? When Steve Jobs built computers from his garage, was he being matured?

I’m not comparing myself to them, I’m just saying there’s more than one way to be an adult. Maybe you like the 40-hour a week grind, I don’t. I’ve done it, I’ve worked all over the country, small and big agencies, and they’re all the same.

Besides, I’m 43-years-old, I’m too old to go back to advertising. I know that industry! A 60-year-old coworker of mine, a freaking genius, was kept away from the Nike pitch because the Creative Director believed that Nike is a young brand and old people have nothing to say. It’s the only industry where being experienced isn’t worth a damn.

Or if you do, opt for a complete career change and change of scenery by doing TEFL teaching abroad.

I would love to do that, thanks for the suggestion. Beekeeper? I’m terrified of bees, always have, always will. Just the buzzing they make freaks me out.

Don’t know if the faraday cage will protect your beehive, a faraday cage protects electronics during an EMP attack. Of course, having read One Second After and other EMP books, the best course of action would be to own a Jeep or another vehicle built in the 70s, with no electronics. Maybe a Pre-1985 Toyota Hilux 4×4, pre-1980’s American-made Trucks and SUVs, Sand Rail or Dune Buggy.

I’m no expert, but I can google.

The difference is that each of them quit the rat race to pursue huge ideas. You seem to just be stuck just complaining about…everything. You have an IPO coming for that?

Oh, brother @ghemachandar1 Hey brother, how’re you? 2019 looks tough, but remember what I said. Believe in yourself, focus on your work, stay away from negative people/media/relatives/politics etc. You are doing very well!

Hey @writer99025! Welcome back. 💐

2019 looks tough, but remember what I said. Believe in yourself, focus on your work, stay away from negative people/media/relatives/politics etc.

Lol! I know why you are saying this… let’s hope so. 😄

Hey @writer99025! Welcome back. 💐

2019 looks tough, but remember what I said. Believe in yourself, focus on your work, stay away from negative people/media/relatives/politics etc.

Lol! I know why you are saying this… let’s hope so. 😄

Haha, hey brother, I’m still depressed after the loss in Karnataka (which was not really a loss, but is still a loss. Haha).

Look for a good offline job. I think you have reached a plateau on Fiverr, everyone does.

Maybe i have, but an offline job isn’t an option. Being a copywriter in the real world isn’t like being one on Fiverr. In the real world, you have to work on projects you don’t like, deal with office politics, long hours, it’s just not worth it.

The economy is doing great, but if I ever get a full-time job again, I don’t want to work as a copywriter. I’d rather work with dogs, but sadly, I have no experience in that arena. I’ve been thinking about volunteering to get some experience.

P.S. You should smile in your pictures. 🙂

I’d rather work with dogs, but sadly, I have no experience in that arena. I’ve been thinking about volunteering to get some experience.

This is definitely one of the best things you can do. My wife, a fellow freelancer, volunteers at our local Humane Society every week, and she adores it. Dogs are so awesome - non-judgmental, loving, and funny - certainly a great antidote to the drama of freelancing!

I’d rather work with dogs, but sadly, I have no experience in that arena. I’ve been thinking about volunteering to get some experience.

This is definitely one of the best things you can do. My wife, a fellow freelancer, volunteers at our local Humane Society every week, and she adores it. Dogs are so awesome - non-judgmental, loving, and funny - certainly a great antidote to the drama of freelancing!

Dogs are so awesome - non-judgmental, loving, and funny - certainly a great antidote to the drama of freelancing!

Aside from when you have spent all night writing about different programming languages. Then when you finally pass out on the sofa, they jump on your face and leave you having to go out looking like you’ve been attacked by some kind of bird of prey.

Yes. Other than that, dogs are awesome. 🙂

Dogs are so awesome - non-judgmental, loving, and funny - certainly a great antidote to the drama of freelancing!

Aside from when you have spent all night writing about different programming languages. Then when you finally pass out on the sofa, they jump on your face and leave you having to go out looking like you’ve been attacked by some kind of bird of prey.

Yes. Other than that, dogs are awesome. 🙂

and leave you having to go out looking like you’ve been attacked by some kind of bird of prey.

Ah, you’ve met Kaya…

image.jpg.78af4d36bcaea3a736ac351528e4fe0d.jpg

Well, I can’t stand dogs (or humans, for that matter) but have so far made about $3k writing about them. Make it $3.5k by tomorrow night.

Well, I can’t stand dogs (or humans, for that matter) but have so far made about $3k writing about them.

And you must still get tons in royalties from that book you once featured in…

1211695517_fanartssss33.crop_800x598_0127.preview.jpg.c3441c7dbf9fae3f8d0b91e87da3c739.jpg

Feelings don’t matter. Emotions don’t matter. That’s where your generation is wrong. As is the older generation. You are all about feelings and emotions. Only work matters. Results matter. It’s not about money for me. It’s about doing a good job, doing my duty. I am more like a soldier who fought in Vietnam risking his life doing a thankless job while others were busy protesting the war. I am not like that Uncle Scrooge guy or whatever that you think I am. Anyway, gotta go.

The reeducation camp taught you well comrade.

LOL…My philosophy is straight out of a 5,000 year old sacred Hindu text. The Bhagwad Gita. Google it. Your generation seems to mistake snarky for being smart.

LOL…My philosophy is straight out of a 5,000 year old sacred Hindu text. The Bhagwad Gita. Google it. Your generation seems to mistake snarky for being smart.

I’ll have you know religious talk is prohibited on this forum!

As for this whole ‘your generation thing’ please stop. You’re a maximum of 3-4 years older than me and don’t know how to boil an egg.

Also, being familiar with the book you mention, I don’t really see how it applies. I think if you personally would like a book to live your life by, you should go for Marcus Aurelius Meditations. - That’s pretty much: “Be like a bee and just do your job.” - Apart, of course, from if you actually are Marcus Aurelius and have hoards of servants and gold and strange mental octagon lucky charms.

That’s the problem with your generation. You’re just not well read enough.

As for this whole ‘your generation thing’ please stop. You’re a maximum of 3-4 years older than me and don’t know how to boil an egg.

Also, being familiar with the book you mention, I don’t really see how it applies. I think if you personally would like a book to live your life by, you should go for Marcus Aurelius Meditations. - That’s pretty much: “Be like a bee and just do your job.” - Apart, of course, from if you actually are Marcus Aurelius and have hoards of servants and gold and strange mental octagon lucky charms.

Okay, gotta go, have to earn my bread. Bye.

Marcus Aurelius Meditations.

Another supporter of Stoic thought here - that is a great book.

It’s not about money for me.

Which one is it? 🙂

I am more like a soldier who fought in Vietnam risking his life doing a thankless job

I’m pretty sure that people of Vietnam wouldn’t thank you for doing that job.

It’s not about money for me.

Which one is it? 🙂

I am more like a soldier who fought in Vietnam risking his life doing a thankless job

I’m pretty sure that people of Vietnam wouldn’t thank you for doing that job.

Okay, my last comment as I am neck deep in work for next 36-48 hours. Earning my bread is my duty - it’s the work I do to earn a living - making money is a consequence. I have a detached attitude towards money/wealth. I don’t get excited/dejected about it. My focus is on the process, not on the consequence. None of this is an original thought, it’s from the Bhagwad Gita. Of course, people pretend to read that book, but only a handful actually follow it. I am one of those who do. As for what happened in Vietnam, the Gita has an answer for that as well. It’s not the soldier’s job to worry about people’s feelings from whichever side. His job is to do his duty.

Guest offlinehelpers

Okay, my last comment as I am neck deep in work for next 36-48 hours. Earning my bread is my duty - it’s the work I do to earn a living - making money is a consequence. I have a detached attitude towards money/wealth. I don’t get excited/dejected about it. My focus is on the process, not on the consequence. None of this is an original thought, it’s from the Bhagwad Gita. Of course, people pretend to read that book, but only a handful actually follow it. I am one of those who do. As for what happened in Vietnam, the Gita has an answer for that as well. It’s not the soldier’s job to worry about people’s feelings from whichever side. His job is to do his duty.

I have a detached attitude towards money/wealth.

No you don’t - you mention it all the time! 💳

It’s not the soldier’s job to worry about people’s feelings from whichever side.

I was referring to murdering people, not worrying about feelings.

I have a detached attitude towards money/wealth.

No you don’t - you mention it all the time! 💳

Because I have nothing else to talk about that is allowed…I have deep philosophical thoughts, I can’t discuss them as they are not appropriate for a freelancing forum…anyway, at this rate this thread will be banned and my return might well turn out to be a shortlived one. Gotta go.

Guest offlinehelpers

Because I have nothing else to talk about that is allowed…I have deep philosophical thoughts, I can’t discuss them as they are not appropriate for a freelancing forum…anyway, at this rate this thread will be banned and my return might well turn out to be a shortlived one. Gotta go.

You should have kept the pigeon for company! 🐦

Have a great day writer! ☀️

Archived