My Fiverr balance is -$1,188

psychicbunny

I knew he lived in my state but I like, know where he truly lives at right now.

Off question but could I file a small claims against him if he does go after more money?

I file a small claims against

Sure, you can take him to SCC, but would definitely need a lawyer.But how would you prove the service you provided was delivered? His counter argument would be to disprove any offerings, since the service did not provide any tangible item as a delivery.Then the other case would be the Judge might say this is a case between Paypal and Fiverr. So you would need to take it up with them.

You would firstly have to prove that the transaction for the service rendered happened DIRECTLY between him and you for this case to even have a fighting chance.

You see where I am going with this?👴

DJ,

I’m not sure if an attorney is allowed in small claims court. If she does choose to go after him in regular court and hire an attorney, she could sue for more than just $5K. The attorney won’t cost any money because he gets a portion of what she gets.

Jenny,

Even if he never pays up, he won’t be able to get any bank loan or get credit as it is now on his permanent record. I have a feeling people like him have pulled this sort of stunt on many and have gotten away with it. The only question is do you want to pursue?

Me, I would personally spent $10K to make him as miserable as he made me and to make a point. That point is not revenge but to teach him or force him to understand what he’s doing is wrong on so many levels!

Of course, that’s not what I am saying you should do - it’s just what I would do.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d also caution for people to withdraw their earnings regularly, perhaps 2-3 times a week. Since when a chargeback happened to me, it doesn’t withdraw from your personal paypal, just your fiverr balance. So in a way you are protecting your earnings by getting them out of fiverr’s hands as soon as possible in the event something like this happens. obviously you’d still be at a negative on fiverr, so depending on the amount, you could weigh if it’s worth it to leave the site at that point.

with that said, does anyone know that if you have a negative fiverr balance and shut down your account what happens? Are you responsible to pay for those funds in any way?

I’d also caution for people to withdraw their earnings regularly, perhaps 2-3 times a week. Since when a chargeback happened to me, it doesn’t withdraw from your personal paypal, just your fiverr balance. So in a way you are protecting your earnings by getting them out of fiverr’s hands as soon as possible in the event something like this happens. obviously you’d still be at a negative on fiverr, so depending on the amount, you could weigh if it’s worth it to leave the site at that point.

with that said, does anyone know that if you have a negative fiverr balance and shut down your account what happens? Are you responsible to pay for those funds in any way?

Although, I cannot confirm as I heard from a third party - closing Paypal account does not dissolve someone of their negative balance. Apparently, this person had a -300 or such and decided to abandon his account.

A few months later, the collection agency came after him + interest or fee (or whatever the collection agency charges for their service).

Although, I cannot confirm as I heard from a third party - closing Paypal account does not dissolve someone of their negative balance. Apparently, this person had a -300 or such and decided to abandon his account.

A few months later, the collection agency came after him + interest or fee (or whatever the collection agency charges for their service).

True, yes Paypal will do that. I meant if you close your fiverr account as a seller with a negative balance. will they somehow come after you for it? I don’t know how they would as I can’t recall you needing a billing address or anything as a seller… but I could have forgotten.

ter him + interest or fee (or whatever the collection agency charges for their service

A debt goes to the collection agency as follows:

Original Creditor seeks to collect X amount of debt for a stated period of time. Then they sell X amount of debt at a loss to the collection agency. They close their books on the debt.

Collection agency is now the new Creditor and continues seeking to collect your debt and also reports to the 3 bureaus to flag your credit account.

So if you care about your Credit, it is best to settle your debt with them, but now you will not have to pay the full debt. You can bargain with them saying all you can now pay is X-Y or whatever. As long as they can collect SOME debt. They can close this collection. Then you would have to continue to hustle them to ask them to remove the “Collection” flag from the 3 bureaus as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this on Fiverr TOS:

Fiverr reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, Fiverr will return parts or full revenue back to sellers.

Chargeback.PNG.40c4c8386bece79c97c69939fdaf153e.PNG

Just an update, I got my money back. I am very happy! Very possible that Fiverr fought back and got everything back for me. I am very thankful for Fiverr Support.

After feeling so sad about your situation, now I am very happy for you because you got your money back!

Cheers!

Just an update, I got my money back. I am very happy! Very possible that Fiverr fought back and got everything back for me. I am very thankful for Fiverr Support.

Congratulations, happy for you now. Tell us more about it tho; What happened? and how exactly did you get your money back? 🙂

Thabks to @wddweeras1 for posting the screenshot above. Sent it to Fiverr CS and they helped me out right away.

Very happy, looks like Fiverr is doing an excellent job with protecting us!

Wow! Glad to hear that! 🙂 I’m happy for you! I should contact them too, but I lost funds a few months ago; maybe I’m too late now 🙂

I am trying to be as calm as possible, this is an absolute nightmare on every level. I hope karma absolutely gets the guy who did this to me! I also hope Fiverr reads this so they can come up with a solution for me as soon as possible! I am so heartbroken right now.

Update: I opened up a case through Fiverr Support - I am praying they help me find a solution to my problem. All that time wasted for nothing.

I’m so sorry to hear about what’s happened. I’m assuming the users account is also no longer active? They shouldn’t allow a be a Buyer if they’re disputing their payments or doing a charge back––that’s fraudulent.

Keeping you in my thoughts! 🙏

Archived