Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

btw u forgot to blur out the seller's name totally, it's in her "buyers keep coming back!" blurb. 

Edited by emmaki
I was NOT admiring the man again. I was actually thinking he had an NPC face from a late PS3 era game. Like Heavy Rain.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

The category where sellers should have known about all these new features beforehand, yet they're all surprised by them.

Touche, please note I'm just saying what my success manager literally told me and once the month is done I'm quite terrified since I'm going down to level 0. This new system is hitting me quite hard and I don't know if I'll be able to recover.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, tom_godbert said:

Here's a screenshot, is this enough? Thanks for tip I honestly didn't realise haha, seems a bit silly to not be allowed but I'll correct it

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 3.18.05 pm.png

So let's say you offer 3 corrections in your gig, and the client requests a change, they still have 2 left. But since we are seeing that the "excessive" corrections affect us. It would be better from this correction to deliver everything through the chat, without delivering the order. And then when the client gives us approval of the work, we do the formal delivery. This is what occurs to me so that this statistic does not affect us so much. What do you think?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

It would be better from this correction to deliver everything through the chat, without delivering the order. And then when the client gives us approval of the work, we do the formal delivery. This is what occurs to me so that this statistic does not affect us so much. What do you think?

I have been doing this since my 1st order on the platform and it has worked just fine so far. I barely had 1-2 occasions, where someone pressed the revision button. 

I come from the advertising industry and for us development of TV-Print campaigns used to run for months, with a million simultaneous revisions, before final sign off. 😭

Plus, I ask the buyer very politely before making the 'final delivery' - so I kinda sort of take their written consent/sign off on the work, which ensures that they don't ask for revisions later. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

So let's say you offer 3 corrections in your gig, and the client requests a change, they still have 2 left. But since we are seeing that the "excessive" corrections affect us. It would be better from this correction to deliver everything through the chat, without delivering the order. And then when the client gives us approval of the work, we do the formal delivery. This is what occurs to me so that this statistic does not affect us so much. What do you think?

Do you mean after the first revision request to rather post it in the messenger without delivering again?
So that it's only one revision that counts in instead of several?

I'm having a customer right now who I design a template for, who even writes himself "Thank you for preparing the presentation. I would then include the current key figures of the strategy and the certificate in the first revision so that they are as up-to-date as possible because it changes very quickly"

Like there's no option for me then to accept it. Is it against TOS to ask them to send it in the chat? I mean it shouldn't be like that in the platform, right? The revisions are there for a reason and in so many cases it's the customers "fault", because they forgot something etc etc 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I have been doing this since my 1st order on the platform and it has worked just fine so far. I barely had 1-2 occasions, where someone pressed the revision button. 

I come from the advertising industry and for us development of TV-Print campaigns used to run for months, with a million simultaneous revisions, before final sign off. 😭

Plus, I ask the buyer very politely before making the 'final delivery' - so I kinda sort of take their written consent/sign off on the work, which ensures that they don't ask for revisions later. 

May I ask what you ask them?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, almostfauxreal said:

I'm having a customer right now who I design a template for, who even writes himself "Thank you for preparing the presentation. I would then include the current key figures of the strategy and the certificate in the first revision so that they are as up-to-date as possible because it changes very quickly"

"Thank you for your interest, but that's not the way we work. We need all assets and information prior to starting the order, any new information is a change of scope, and not covered by a revision. Best of luck with the project".

The moment Fiverr allows me to charge by the hour, and changes the revision system completely, I'll be willing to change my strategy. As things stand, on fixed priced projects, you can't allow that.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

"Thank you for your interest, but that's not the way we work. We need all assets and information prior to starting the order, any new information is a change of scope, and not covered by a revision. Best of luck with the project".

The moment Fiverr allows me to charge by the hour, and changes the revision system completely, I'll be willing to change my strategy. As things stand, on fixed priced projects, you can't allow that.

Well that's probably the way to go now. I think it's absolutely not customer friendly though as I usually have no problem in adjusting small things. I think the work around in the chat makes sense for this as well.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, almostfauxreal said:

I think it's absolutely not customer friendly

It's very hard to be customer friendly if the platform is not seller friendly. The entire idea here is sell x for y. Fixed project, fixed cost. So it has to be fixed - anything that goes over what's initially agreed, no matter how small, is eating into your bottom line. 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

It's so silly that we're having to find workarounds, so we can do the work without getting penalised for revising orders or extending delivery deadlines.

Correct. Fiverr is making meksels of serious sellers as it attempts to target meksels. 

And to that, I can only say BRAVO to the geniuses behind this bold product release. 

#citizen kane from Total Film

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Up 4

50 minutes ago, sganich said:

Sellers are also punished for revision requests now? 😆

How can we be guilty if buyer changes their mind about something and wants slight adjustments? 

what's that mean? requesting revisions affecting us ? why???

Edited by pixel_evo
  • Like 8

@Kesha I have a question about the seller communication metric. There are times when a conversation naturally comes to an end. Let's say I've been discussing something with a client in the order chat and the conversation ends and the buyer responds with something like "thanks". Do I now need to reply with something in order to stop the system from registering my lack of response to their message as some kind of problem?

I've had situations where the it tells me in the order page "[insert buyer name here] has been waiting for an update from you for 11 hours", for example. Is that being logged as some sort of problem? Sometimes a buyer doesn't need a response. They could be saying, "thanks" or, "ok, talk to you later". Do I now need to open the order and always have the last word, or my communication metrics will tank?

• Like 8
  • Up 5

Just now, charlsmcfarlane said:

I've had situations where the it tells me in the order page "[insert buyer name here] has been waiting for an update from you for 11 hours", for example. Is that being logged as some sort of problem? Sometimes a buyer doesn't need a response. They could be saying, "thanks" or, "ok, talk to you later". Do I now need to open the order and always have the last word, or my communication metrics will tank?

This actually rewards internet arguments, since in those, everyone wants to have the last word. This metric was designed for buyer-seller fights over orders! 

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, leonormiserol said:

It would be better from this correction to deliver everything through the chat, without delivering the order. And then when the client gives us approval of the work, we do the formal delivery. This is what occurs to me so that this statistic does not affect us so much. What do you think?

I myself am doing this for revisions, due to the complex nature of the projects and many moving parts. But now I'm worried that the new system will monitor the time passed between (re)deliveries and that will affect the gig score metrics. 

Clients involving their team to review delivery is frequent for (not only) my industry and oftentimes it's a bigger / longer discussion where some things need to be explained and established, because surprise surprise - not everything can be specified in detail beforehand.

In my seller's dashboard, the delivery time would update automatically by adding a few days (calculation based on what, I don't know) when the order entered the revision state. 
Then the order was flagged as LATE when the new delivery date was missed. On many occasions, the label would even go string into LATE without the occurrence of a new deadline, because why not?

So now it feels like I can't sigh in private to not get penalized by the new scoring because AI-Big-Brother will monitor and misinterpret everything. 

Edited by vhskid
  • Like 10
  • Up 1