Success Score decreased

teresabala

Question

11 answers to this question

The new system compares your gig to other people in your category on Fiverr among a bunch of new other metrics. It seems to be causing all of us to lose success rating for no apparent reason. There are quite a few threads going about it at this moment as well.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, emmasuebowtique said:

The system is flawed and is not calculating correctly, there is no other explanation. 

Or they added other criteria overnight to the system as a whole. Which might be the reason why some people have a lower success score. A person said that they had a success score of 9 for one gig and now they have a success score of -. Their last review is exactly from an year ago for that gig. So I can only imagine they are covering a year's span with the success score. Until now I think there were 2 years. With more lower reviews coming from the review system within the past months, I can see why the success score is lower for some people. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Or they added other criteria overnight to the system as a whole. Which might be the reason why some people have a lower success score. A person said that they had a success score of 9 for one gig and now they have a success score of -. Their last review is exactly from an year ago for that gig. So I can only imagine they are covering a year's span with the success score. Until now I think there were 2 years. With more lower reviews coming from the review system within the past months, I can see why the success score is lower for some people. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

My gig that is a 9 is still a 9, my highest performing gig with all 5 star reviews went from 4 to 3, despite me receiving 8- 5 star reviews in 7 days. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, emmasuebowtique said:

my highest performing gig with all 5 star reviews went from 4 to 3, despite me receiving 8- 5 star reviews in 7 days. 

Well I don't know the data, but seeing that you had some bad reviews within the last year and people can rate you poorly in private reviews, that might be the issue. And keep in mind this: not everyone that gives you a public review will bother to leave a private review. So your public reviews tell only one side of the story. Fiverr places a lot more weight on private reviews. And if out of let's say 100 orders the past year you had only 20 people leave a private review and 4-5 of those were people that left a bad private review.. you can see where these scores come in.

That's the thing, Fiverr doesn't say how much weight these public reviews have. But we all know private reviews weigh in a lot more, and if there are a few of those bad ones, that is a huge issue for our accounts. No wonder some people have gigs with a very low score. They are still adjusting things in the background it seems, and clearly the focus is to not have as many people with perfect scores as we have now. Because the majority of the active sellers are level 2, rated 4.9 or 5 stars. I see why they did it, I understand why they won't disclose private data, but it still feels weird to fight a ghost when it comes to these private reviews and the success score. Sure, it shows what has a negative impact, but you don't have any idea what order was affected and why. Especially when publicly most people rate us with very positive reviews. But in the background there's a different story.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, teresabala said:

My success score was 8 when this new level matric was introduced in Dashboard. Today I saw it turned to 7. Can anyone clarify why did this happen? thanks

we are all in the same boat , with no direction. If you find out a specific reason please do share here. 

• Like 8

My Success Score dropped from 6 to 5 on February 24th. With over 4200 orders and 2500 reviews, I've worked extensively in the SEO field. The challenge in SEO is that results often become visible after 4 to 5 months of consistent effort. Many of my clients expect to achieve the top ranking with a single payment, not understanding that their competitors might be investing significantly more on a regular basis. Despite these challenges, I've always put in my utmost effort and communicated to clients that SEO is a continuous process. Yet, satisfying every client is not always possible, even when their sites do see improvements.

I've faced situations where clients have resorted to verbal abuse, demanded refunds, or threatened to leave negative reviews, sometimes disturbing my peace late at night. Despite these experiences, such clients continue to operate on Fiverr, making it increasingly difficult for me to work through the platform. This has taught me the importance of diversification. Relying solely on Fiverr was a mistake I now realize, as it's proven to be unreliable for those who depend on it entirely.

Edited by shokatalam
  • Like 5

On 2/24/2024 at 11:37 PM, teresabala said:

My success score was 8 when this new level matric was introduced in Dashboard. Today I saw it turned to 7. Can anyone clarify why did this happen? thanks

I also want to know. Because my problem is same

• Like 4

8 hours ago, teresabala said:

A follow-up question.

Please reply if anyone knows.

how long does it take to update the success score value after a completed order? 

Thanks,

Teresa

I'm also looking the answer or this question. I have completed many order will good reviews but success level is not moving. 

• Like 2