Update: Addressing new level system questions and feedback

8 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I mean, there are a lot of cruddy sellers on here. The entire reason this catastrophic new system is here is to stamp them out. Success Managers have privately told sellers as much. 

Call a spade a spade. 

This group of people who have a gig doing whatever and really aren't professionals at anything. They were in charge of lowering the reputation of the platform.

I would like them to implement a verification system.
There are people who have 200 orders in queue, with 1 or 2 days of delivery as a deadline, this is humanly impossible. They are hiring people to do their work and that can be a scam, since if your account is personal, you are responsible for each job. Don't misinterpret me as wanting to ruin someone else's work, it's just that they talk about transparency and there are a lot of shady things everywhere.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4

1 hour ago, voicedbyken said:

In the last 2 weeks I've seen a significant drop in sales. I used to receive 2-5 inquiries per day and now I'm getting one a week. Losing TRS isn't simple losing a badge, I lose my 7 day payment clearance along with same day payout. I also lose those buyers who filter their search to TRS. If Fiverr loves ppl like me, then why the punishment? I see ppl with 4.8 ratings, 98% completion rates scoring a 10/10 while I have 100% across the board and 5 star with over 2000 completed jobs. I never had a 1 or 2 star review and the only 3 star I have is from buyer who didn't get a bunch of free services after receiving a 50% discount. I've never been late on an order, I've never refused a revision and I have an 8/10 with no way of fixing it. So to you it may be "just a level" to me it's was grinding my butt off day after day, bending over backwards, quitting my day job before I was 100% sure. I take it personally, because it is.

Have you only received orders through promotes gigs ? I tried looking for your gig and could not find it anywhere near the first page, You might be shadowbanned.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

There are people who have 200 orders in queue, with 1 or 2 days of delivery as a deadline, this is humanly impossible. They are hiring people to do their work and that can be a scam, since if your account is personal, you are responsible for each job.

This is yet another thing. I've seen a very reputable video editor, that claims to be this and that, TRS, on editors forums looking to outsource the work for pennies on the dollar to desperate editors. That's not what their selling their clients. Their delivery quality is incredibly inconsistent due to that - because of course it is. But hey, they sell a lot. 

• Like 7
  • Up 3

8 minutes ago, pyxisstudio said:

Have you only received orders through promotes gigs ? I tried looking for your gig and could not find it anywhere near the first page, You might be shadowbanned.

If I'm shadowbanned, that would be the icing on this c**p cake.

I've done nothing that could get me shadow-banned unless I'm being punished for my negative opinion about the new update in the forum.  Try searching with the terms: "Deep Trailer Voice" "Movie Trailer Voiceover", and "Southern Accent Voiceover" and see what comes up. I usually hit first page results

Edited by voicedbyken
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

It's a fact that there are a lot of people who are selling things they are unqualified for. There are a lot of people who lie about their skills, and their language and location. That's not a "private remark", it's a fact.

As for the cockroaches, that's a commonly used expression to refer to something that reproduces quickly, and is hard to get rid off. I could have gone with rabbits, I suppose, but those are easier to eliminate. I'm obviously not literally calling any individual a cockroach.

I would call the bolded text an observation close to how things are and an objective statement. I have the same observation and some hard statistics would probably confirm what you said from the statistical point of view.

However, this is something else:

48 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

millions of illiterate, talentless, clueless sellers on it. They are way too many. They can't read, they can't think, how they're able to even breathe surprises me.

If someone doesn't have a talent and / or for example was born in a developing country and / or for other reasons didn't have many opportunities when growing up, this doesn't mean they don't deserve some basic dignity. 

Is lying / cheating / conniving bad? Yes, but cockroaches? Really?

Edited by vhskid
  • Like 9

On 2/17/2024 at 8:10 PM, vhskid said:

was born in a developing country and / or didn't have many opportunities when growing up

That says more about you than about me, I didn't refer to any of that.

Regardless of where they're from, and any other factors, someone who says they can do X and can't, and says they can speak X and can't, is a negative for the platform. If there are millions of such people, it's indeed like a mess we don't need.

• Like 9
  • Up 3

Yet, there is not a single word against outsourcing and using personal accounts as agency accounts. But if we dare give revisions or worse get a cancellation, we get sent to Fiverr jail. Fiverr is doing its policing in the wrong places.

Edited by rajamani255
Incomplete text
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

Regardless of where they're from, and any other factors, someone who says they can do X and can't, and says they can speak X and can't, is a negative for the platform. If there are millions of such people, it's indeed like a cockroach infestation.

Why did @vhskid assume that cockroaches meant people from developing countries?  Kinda racist. 

• Like 9
  • Up 3

I've cracked the value for money problem, I think... 

This is a buyer that I could have done a consultation with, but didn't (because of the way Fiverr handles consultations). 

This is a buyer I could already be working for, writing her stuff. But I'm not, because I'm still vetting them.

This is a buyer I may still choose not to work with, because, well, I need to be careful.

Look carefully, Fiverr. Do you see how I've already given this buyer advice that will deliver ROI far in excess of what I would ever write? 

Do you see how they're already chomping at the bit to work with me, eager to see what I can write that will wow her (I'm not getting the vibes right now - in fact, I'm getting high expectations, which is bad per  the new system's way of dealing with expectations

But I've dealt with value for money. And I may never see a penny for all that value I provide, because I am nervous to take an order from a new buyer. My health is poor these days, Fiverr. I can only afford to have my nerves shredded by new clients every once in a while.

Nobody wins here. Nobody. But you know, whatever, I'll still get the good karma of sharing my knowledge for free. Remember Fiverr, what comes around, goes around...

Read those words, Fiverr, and ponder this. Why am I not chomping at the bit to get this a done deal?

Because of you, Fiverr. You are destroying your own platform. 

image.png.538d569be63bd3a97cbd91ac21906198.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

6 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

If I'm shadowbanned, that would be the icing on this c**p cake.

I've done nothing that could get me shadow-banned unless I'm not being punished for my negative opinion about the new update in the forum.  Try searching with the terms: "Deep Trailer Voice" "Movie Trailer Voiceover", and "Southern Accent Voiceover" and see what comes up. I usually hit first page results

Okay you are not shadowbanned, your ads are also running well. Your gigs are showing on the first page.

But I want to be very honest with you, I am on Fiverr from the last 5 years. I looked at every Gig in your niche and What I saw is that nobody has a lot of orders. Even when I searched for just voice over, only 1 guy had over 12 orders and only because he was selling for 10 bucks.

For the quality you are giving out, fiverr is not the right place, I know it might hurt because you have worked hard over the years, but it's not.

Plus, AI is also a big factor now days, Hopefully you know What I am talking about.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, visualstudios said:
26 minutes ago, vhskid said:

was born in a developing country and / or didn't have many opportunities when growing up

Regardless of where they're from, and any other factors, someone who says they can do X and can't, and says they can speak X and can't, is a negative for the platform. If there are millions of such people, it's indeed like a cockroach infestation.

This is just one of the examples of why someone might not have many opportunities when growing up.

Regardless of scenarios for their life situation and / or reasons for their motivations, naming anyone cockroach is for me going too far.

Edited by vhskid
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Indeed. Back when I was a clueless new buyer, I ran into so many of those people. I naively thought that if you said you could do something, you wouldn't lie about it. Yeah, about that... 🙄

Made me very hesitant to buy on Fiverr after that experience. Now, I'm much better at vetting, so I don't have that problem anymore. But it is something that will chase away many new buyers.

In my own little niche, I would basically say that all except maybe two or three other sellers are outright scammers. I have proofread some of their stuff, so I know. A quick way to solve this (and my big wish!) would be to simply reintroduce the old Danish skill test. If you couldn't get 10/10 on that, you don't have any business translating into Danish. That's how easy it was. And the niche is so small that I don't even think the answers would get posted online. 

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 7
  • Up 5

1 minute ago, vhskid said:

naming someone cockroach is for me going too far.

I didn't call any individual a cockroach. I called getting way too many people advertising things they can't offer, tricking buyers, etc. regardless of the opportunities they did have or did not have, a cockroach situation. Which it is. It's a figure of speech. Symbolism.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 5
  • Up 5

Just now, pyxisstudio said:

Okay you are not shadowbanned, your ads are also running well. Your gigs are showing on the first page.

But I want to be very honest with you, I am on Fiverr from the last 5 years. I looked at every Gig in your niche and What I saw is that nobody has a lot of orders. Even when I searched for just voice over, only 1 guy had over 12 orders and only because he was selling for 10 bucks.

For the quality you are giving out, fiverr is not the right place, I know it might hurt because you have worked hard over the years, but it's not.

Plus, AI is also a big factor now days, Hopefully you know What I am talking about.

I appreciate that. My prices were $75 to $150 per gig until the beginning of this month. My sales were awful last month for the first time ever. I usually spend $40 in promotions and make over $3k from them alone and last month I spent $180 in promotions and made $190. I cut my rates in hopes of revitalizing my gigs. I even reverted my best-selling Pro gig to a standard gig because it wasn't even getting impressions anymore. 

Fiverr accounts for 1/3 of my total income in Voiceover as I make most of my $$$$$ directly, but that 1/3 is a lot and I need to make up for it before I can say goodbye to Fiverr.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, vibronx said:

Indeed. Back when I was a clueless new buyer, I ran into so many of those people. I naively thought that if you said you could do something, you wouldn't lie about that. Yeah, about that... 🙄

Made me very hesitant to buy on Fiverr after that experience. Now, I'm much better at vetting, so I don't have that problem anymore. But it is something that will chase away many new buyers.

In my own little niche, I would basically say that all except maybe two or three other sellers are outright scammers. A quick way to solve this (and my big wish!) would be to simply reintroduce the old Danish skill test. If you couldn't get 10/10 on that, you don't have any business translating into Danish. That's how easy it was. And the niche is so small that I don't even think the answers would get posted online. 

"Rødgrød med fløde!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Just now, visualstudios said:

I didn't call any individual a cockroach. I called getting way too many people advertising things they can't offer, tricking buyers, etc. regardless of the opportunities they did have or did not have, a cockroach situation. Which it is.

We want Fiverr to take this thread seriously and I wonder if this conversation might turn into a distraction.

• Like 5
  • Up 5