Profession

I guess the goal is to become closer to what Upwork is doing. 

I prefer the gig approach from Fiverr VS Upwork approach with the profile and their credits to pay for an inbox message. Hopefully they don't go this way. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Something new is coming..................

image.png.b9de0864484c4c614f6f0d990e17f093.png

Micha's mail last week mentioned this. I saw a topic also on the forum, with a discussion about the mail and 'profession-based catalog'. 

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, alexiscottray said:

At the moment, there is only a list with around 10 job titles that should be completed with time. 

Why do they let me add a profession then? 

Maybe Neo selected me, Neo is always wrong. 

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I can now add a profession on Fiverr

Yeah, I also got selected. I wonder if this has anything to do with defining yourself as a non-trader, an individual trader or a business trader for Fiverr to comply with the EU DSA. 🤔

Anyway, I'm an engineer. That's my profession, nothing to do with the services I offer on Fiverr... 🤷‍♀️

Edited by maitasun
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4

44 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Can you have a look at my problem? I cannot select my profession from the list.

You might have to join the waitlist if your category is not there? See the thread below created by Kesha:

• Like 10

I have been selected as one of the seller to add my 'profession' but when I click on the notification, it says 'something went wrong'. Is it because I am doing it from my cellphone or there's something else I failed to know? 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

I have managed to fill out all of the requirements.  Some of it is repetition on our current gigs! but I am going to hold off publishing until I have listened to the webinar just in case I have missed anything.

Looks a good thing to be involved in on first impressions... 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

I tried to fill in the requirements - I was asked to verify my ID again... now I'm apparently restricted... 

(I hope CS will help sort it out, otherwise I'm gone from the site for... trying to do what I was asked to do?...)

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 7

I filled all the requirements. Then they demand a photo of my face. 

I'm representing an agency. I'm not one person. Why invite me to a feature I can't use unless I'm an individual, as Fiverr knows perfectly well I'm not?

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

@Kesha Can you have a look at my problem? I cannot select my profession from the list.

Hi! Yes, I am looking into this now. Please be patient with me. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, seo_stuff said:

I got the same option and fill my profession, when uploading my id proof it can be proceed. and then I received an email "Your information did not pass verification" image.png.9c16054f99b3f356be7893ca521eab1b.png

CS helped me sort this out - you'll likely be asked to verify it again. It went through okay the second time for me so it might just be a glitch (or the photos need to be a certain way / etc.)

I did notice that the app wasn't letting me open the camera the first time so it might just be bugged. 

• Like 7
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, katakatica said:

CS helped me sort this out - you'll likely be asked to verify it again. It went through okay the second time for me so it might just be a glitch (or the photos need to be a certain way / etc.)

I did notice that the app wasn't letting me open the camera the first time so it might just be bugged. 

exactly same problem i faced. 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

If the app requires to allow camera and the smartphone to not show this option (Looks like the Fiverr app do not have option to camera) What you can do is when you scan the qr code in the app, click in the 3 dots above and click in "Open the link via Browse", login again and you will be able to open the camera via browse.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

I am one of the select few and, unfortunately, I need to give them feedback.

In the audio and podcast editing category, it asks me what genre of music I specialize in, which does not make any sense.

That is relevant to the music mixing and mastering niche instead.

Edit: I now see that you can omit that by choosing 1 thing in the relevant skills and expertise field.

However, in my case, I would like to be able to select the appropriate professional description which is 'Audio Engineer' (currently unavailable) and then, I would like to be able to select specializations to define my niches even more.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 8