Fiverr brief, The new way to let buyer connect to seller.

limsenza

31 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I just turned mine off yesterday since I get enough orders without it and the notifications are too much.

The moment I knew how to turn it off last year I turned it off then and there. I've never turned them back on since then Vickie 🤣 And this was around the time you were sharing some success with it! I agree the notifications are too much! 😅

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I agree the notifications are too much! 😅

It takes a lot of time to respond to every single one because I wanted to train the AI and do my duty to report spammers/sellers who are using the feature. I also wanted to give good feedback to the product managers. Now that they have all of my comments and feedback from ~8 months of use, I'm turning it off. It's a nice feature to turn on, if I ever need it! I'll turn it on before I ever turn on the Promoted Gigs again.😊

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vickieito said:

It takes a lot of time to respond to every single one because I wanted to train the AI and do my duty to report spammers/sellers who are using the feature. I also wanted to give good feedback to the product managers. Now that they have all of my comments and feedback from ~8 months of use, I'm turning it off. It's a nice feature to turn on, if I ever need it! I'll turn it on before I ever turn on the Promoted Gigs again.😊

I'm probably turning it off as well. They make no distinction between Voice Over sellers and the rest of the Music/Audio vertical. So half of them are people asking for music tracks, or backing vocals, etc. Most of the rest use that damned "flexible" pricing (100% agree with whoever said "flexible is the new $5") So you get people looking for someone to do narration on 15 YouTube videos, 12-15 minutes in length for $10 each. 

It is the same reason that I never looked at BR. It is the entry portal for the clueless.   

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

This is tempting. I was about to rant again (I already did it once yesterday) about the briefs, but I guess I'll save this rant for some other day. Buyer requests were bad. Briefs are buyer requests on steroids. I won't touch briefs with a 10-foot pole unless Fiverr removes "flexible" from the budget or gives an option to not get briefs with "flexible" as their budget.

15 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I'll turn it on before I ever turn on the Promoted Gigs again.

You didn't like "promoted gigs"? I haven't turned off promoted gigs since the day I got that feature. Of course, Fiverr has turned that off for me a few times now. I am not counting that. Promoted gigs are kind of hit or miss. I received three promoted gig orders this month. Last month, I didn't get any. Overall, with "promoted gigs," I end up giving Fiverr around 35% of my orders (received from promotion) instead of 20%, but I feel it is better to have something than nothing at all.

Edited by rahulkajla1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, newsmike said:

Why did you drop promoted gigs? I mean I'm sure performance, but details please? 

I'm turning away most of the legitimate orders coming into my inbox because my schedule is usually full. If I complete work early and have a gap in my schedule (and don't have an inquiry sitting in my inbox), I'll pick up a brief order or turn on Promoted Gigs for a few hours until I pick up an order.

1 minute ago, rahulkajla1 said:

You didn't like "promoted gigs"?

I do love this feature! I get about 15% ROI on Promoted Gigs, but since I have a great chance of getting an order from the brief option or from my inbox inquiries (that I'm turning away), those are my first options when a gap shows up in my schedule.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, newsmike said:

That makes me wonder if you shouldn't consider upping prices. Hawaii ain't cheap. 

I think I will!

If I'm turning away 90% of my buyers, I think it's time for another increase. And you are right about living expenses in Hawaii! It's a lot higher than I thought!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Most of the briefs I get request services I do not provide OR they are sellers looking for work. I'm training the system (hopefully) to work better for me. I have received two orders from the Briefs system so far. They went smoothly with no issues.

• Like 22
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

They just need to go ahead and change the name to 'Buyer Vaguely Worded Message About This Thing I'm Kicking The Tires On And Just Want To See How Expensive It Will Be To Have Done' because that's how most of them read.

Calling it a 'brief' sort of implies that it's a clear, concise, and organized outline of what they need done and why they need it, which these never seem to be.

• Like 24
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrygrantvo said:

Calling it a 'brief' sort of implies that it's a clear, concise, and organized outline of what they need done and why they need it, which these never seem to be.

Fiverr needs to tighten up the requirements the buyer inputs. For example, I have had requests for proofreading, copyediting, book formatting, illustrations, and publishing to Kindle in one brief, and I only offer two of those services. 

• Like 20
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

For example, I have had requests for proofreading, copyediting, book formatting, illustrations, and publishing to Kindle in one brief, and I only offer two of those services. 

I've had a couple of requests for logo design.

I offer book blurbs, and I've received a total of one (1) brief that mentions book blurbs, but that buyer also wanted the book written, the cover designed, and a bunch of other things, all within the same request.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Fiverr needs to tighten up the requirements the buyer inputs. For example, I have had requests for proofreading, copyediting, book formatting, illustrations, and publishing to Kindle in one brief, and I only offer two of those services. 

It seems to me that some of that falls on Fiverr, in not giving specific options in the brief definition process for the buyer to choose the service they're looking for. It appears that the only criterion they need to choose for my services is "writer" and no further specification. I think Fiverr has set this process in automated motion, and doesn't appear to be making any effort to refine the process.

So I get many of the same briefs as @vickiespencerjust mentioned, as well as "translate this from Spanish, Russian," and a host of other languages I don't speak. The list of briefs I get that aren't remotely close to the services I provide goes on and on.

Edited by danno1950
clarification
  • Like 19
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

It appears that the only criterion they need to choose for my services is "writer" and no further specification. 

Yes, the only writing I do is for letters of complaint, yet I get requests to write business plans, books, blogs, and so on. 

55 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

as well as "translate this from Spanish, Russian," and a host of other languages

Me too!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

So far it's doing nothing for me, I think I get a good number of messages but I delete them without even checking the contents.

I offer translation (Japanese/English) and all the briefs I receive are languages I don't understand.
I guess the Fiverr system just focused on the "translation" part and not the actual languages.
I DO check the briefs eeeeeevery now and then just for the heck of it, but nope, none of them were for me so far.
It's oddly impressive though, how wrong they are each time!!😅

Edited by zeus777
  • Like 24
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1