Fiverr brief, The new way to let buyer connect to seller.

limsenza

On 1/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, vickiespencer said:

As soon as I pressed the send icon, I got a notification that the buyer had removed the brief because they had decided that "now is not the right time." Bummer!

I got the same thing yesterday. Briefs really pay for themselves, don't they? I don't know. They are working for some people, but I haven't gotten much from them. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 1:28 PM, vickiespencer said:

As soon as I pressed the send icon, I got a notification that the buyer had removed the brief because they had decided that "now is not the right time." Bummer! 

On 5/31/2023 at 5:16 AM, kendal1747 said:

I got the same thing yesterday. Briefs really pay for themselves, don't they? I don't know. They are working for some people, but I haven't gotten much from them. 

I stopped sending offers and just message the buyers with my own pricing/terms and address all of the buyers' requirements (as well as all the questions I have for them). Most of the buyers thank me for actually reading their briefs and tell me that most people just send generic offers at the brief price point and they usually just cancel their briefs because no one is actually reading them.

I've been able to get several brief orders this way. The funny thing is, they are happy with my pricing and turnaround even though it's different from what they originally asked for in the brief. This tells me that most buyers want to have conversations with sellers who can tell them how their problems can be solved, rather than someone who will just offer a generic offer based on the limited information in the briefs.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just found this discussion .. after posting a complaint (in a different part of the forum) from the buyer's side about briefs.   As a buyer you are FORCED to select one of a very few 'categories' so .. either you make one with an inaccurate category (and probably annoy the careful readers among sellers) or you can't use the feature.   I tried once, got a few inappropriate responses, and turned it off within a few hours.   Seems like a good notion but really badly implemented! 

Edited by will998
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:18 PM, vickieito said:

This tells me that most buyers want to have conversations with sellers who can tell them how their problems can be solved, rather than someone who will just offer a generic offer based on the limited information in the briefs.

Yes!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Buyer briefs are an interesting concept.

Personally, I like the idea. (Sometimes I like changes Fiverr makes, sometimes I don't.)

As far as Buyer Briefs go, a lot of the ones I received so far were only semi-relevant to my services, but it's very difficult to expect an algorithm by itself to figure out the subtle nuances of the services I provide without human level understanding (or at least until AI gets smart enough to take over 🤖).

At any rate, there were a few briefs that were directly relevant, but I never heard anything back from the prospective buyers. 🤷 

It does seem to be a superior system to the old Buyer Requests, which — talking to a few buyers — I learned they weren't particularly keen on. There was a time I gave Buyer Requests a try because I wanted someone to do an impression of Ducky from Land Before Time for a personal project. I opened it up to all gender identities, but I did get waaaaaaay too many manly cisgender guys doing low-effort falsettos 😅

Hopefully as the algorithm improves, the new briefs will get to the right candidates. 😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, highlighter2013 said:

Hello! I am new to Fiverr. Could someone please tell me what a Fiverr brief is? Thanks! And I am still trying to figure out how Fiverr works in general.

Welcome to Fiverr! ^.^

If you sign up for Buyer Briefs (under the "My Business > Gigs" tab)... every once in a while, Fiverr might send you a brief for what is essentially a buyer's "help wanted" ad. 😅

The brief system is designed to try to match the buyer's criteria with sellers who provide similar services. It's not a perfect system, but I can see it having a lot of potential. I don't know how often it prioritizes new sellers, so using social media to increase your visibility still might be your best bet starting out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, themarineiguana said:

Welcome to Fiverr! ^.^

If you sign up for Buyer Briefs (under the "My Business > Gigs" tab)... every once in a while, Fiverr might send you a brief for what is essentially a buyer's "help wanted" ad. 😅

The brief system is designed to try to match the buyer's criteria with sellers who provide similar services. It's not a perfect system, but I can see it having a lot of potential. I don't know how often it prioritizes new sellers, so using social media to increase your visibility still might be your best bet starting out.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!🤗

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

To get the brief notification. You need to follow these steps:

You will have to go to the "Business Tab", 

ScreenShot2023-06-18at7_30_58PM.png.db332e2884c0fdeeeb52b7fb5a7a1005.png

Then, you have to click on "Gigs" and in this, you need to set the price for the brief and based on that price, category, and niche, you will get the notification for the brief.

ScreenShot2023-06-18at7_31_15PM.png.2e6d87b3db62cb03f066fb7b86cd2f02.png

The notification will look like this:

ScreenShot2023-06-18at7_34_33PM.png.5325fff9e7774141eba852b10ad681db.png

You can also read this article to get more insighthttps://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4415601609361-Get-matched-with-buyers 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1