What kind of trap is this?

lenasemenkova

13 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Pft.

I'm sure CS can sort it out but uh...

Feels like an attempt to be able to give you a bad review / cancellation to mess with you?

A brand new account with no purchases that at the same time knows how fiverr order delivery process works, too. 

*Technically*, I’ll probably be able to get the negative rating removed since they’ve just spelled out that they didn’t want anything from me. Same thing with the cancellation - on what grounds? Unless they do the chargeback that fiverr won’t compensate me for. After screwing me over via all the mythical hidden surveys. 

Last time I asked, you can’t just deliver whatever or nothing at all even if it’s a regular buyer who wants to leave a big tip this way. 

Hmmm. 

Edited by lenasemenkova
  • Like 13

3 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

After screwing me over via all the mythical hidden surveys. 

This could be the goal? If they can't cancel since this is what they 'wanted' maybe they want you to take a hit? 
In theory, this could be a newer seller in your category (or anyone, honestly) wanting to mess with you but like, why? My idea is that maybe they'll cry 'my account was hacked!!!!' and still be able to mess with you (via a cancellation since I think you still get to rate a seller on why you cancel?) It'd still show up as whatever they put in to the algoryhtm (I'm assuming) unless it's just erased...? 

Another thing COULD be, if it was wayyy more elaborate one of those new-wave TikTokers who just give money/etc. away - but I feel they would explain exactly what they are doing (this is for a video, etc.) They'd never just stay quiet about it... 

• Like 12
  • Up 3

14 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

*Technically*, I’ll probably be able to get the negative rating removed since they’ve just spelled out that they didn’t want anything from me.

If you do get a negative review, most likely Customer Support will not remove it if you deliver the buyer what they ask for (a random picture).

I would just cancel based on the fact that I don't offer any gigs for random photos. Customer Support should be able to cancel the order without it affecting your stats. This order request looks very suspicious to me!

• Like 11
  • Up 4

26 minutes ago, cre8iveartwork said:

Definitely contact support and ask to cancel the order , who knows what his intentions are . Support can cancel the order without affecting your account 

Oh, I reported it to both CS and the success manager. Then I asked the person what prompted them to approach me specifically in such a way. But I doubt they’ll respond. It’ll break the mystique. 

23 minutes ago, katakatica said:

This could be the goal?

The hidden surveys are becoming a bit of a pain in the *ss, btw. And an effective tool to be abused. Because my November sales are in the dumpster and according to the success manager, this *could be* because some buyers wished there was more hand-holding through the process.

Now, with 48 hours delivery and extensive discussions before the order is placed, I don’t really have time for hand-holding. And now I’m trying to deduce which buyers those were because according to my metrics and experiences, I’m having a wonderful time. 

24 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Another thing COULD be, if it was wayyy more elaborate one of those new-wave TikTokers who just give money/etc. away - but I feel they would explain exactly what they are doing (this is for a video, etc.) They'd never just stay quiet about it... 

Another good faith explanation is that the project was cancelled and the person went: "whatever, just take the money". But that's a massive stretch. 

9 minutes ago, vickieito said:

If you do get a negative review, most likely Customer Support will not remove it if you deliver the buyer what they ask for (a random picture).

I got a negative review removed once because I was able to prove I delivered what was asked for. And the review itself was along the lines of: “even though it was what I asked for, I don’t have time to look into the delivery more closely to comment on it”. Something like that. But it was a legit delivery. 

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to deliver a random picture under any scenario anyway, though. Unless, perhaps, it's one of those tip jar gigs some people still have. 

• Like 15

What a bummer. When you try to get an order cancelled, CS loves to sit you down and preach about customer satisfaction for days. When you want to get a clarification under what circumstances it’d be permissible to receive free money if you’re being offered said free money, they cancel that order lightning fast and mark the ticket as solved. 🙂 

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

The hidden surveys are becoming a bit of a pain in the *ss, btw. And an effective tool to be abused. Because my November sales are in the dumpster and according to the success manager, this *could be* because some buyers wished there was more hand-holding through the process.

See, this is what I don't get sometimes. When I am constantly communicating with people, they reply in one word answers and clealry don't even read what I write (not everyone, some). When I just wing it and write everything in one go, my stats drop (been a while, I was told it could be because I should communicate more as well.) My issue  with the hidden surveys is that I'd love to at least know some average ratings - it makes sense that buyers can try and rate us more honestly, but there's little we can do to improve other than trying to guess what the issue is unless we know some specifics (but I guess that's another topic altogether I guess.)

43 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

Another good faith explanation is that the project was cancelled and the person went: "whatever, just take the money". But that's a massive stretch. 

56 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I feel like it - could be - that but yeah, it's probably some sort of scammer or something. Which is pretty scary if you think about it (this is obviously sketchy as heck, but what if someone actually places a proper order to bring others down?) Doesn't feel fair (especially with the hidden ratings and everything affecting sellers in some ways.) I'm surprised someone even thought to give you a review like what you mentioned - glad it was removed because that's just weird. 

I'd think that by now, tip jars are more or less against TOS, but even then yeah, delivering something random could only work in those cases... The few times i brainstorm with someone, I end up writing up a quick summary so that we have something there (or just something related to the order) just in case. 

I kinda wish the person responded to you, but I have a hunch that now with the order cancelled, you won't get much answer (and someone else will be 'targeted'. 

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I was told it could be because I should communicate more as well

There are definitely buyers who think that the order page is a chat. And I always try to gently contain their enthusiasm. It’s like when you commission a custom pair of shoes - they take your measurements, you select the material and the color, then you leave. You don’t stand above the person as they work talking away, asking questions, pointing at things. You don’t call them at night asking “how the order is going”. I genuinely think that I shouldn’t be penalized for trying to keep communication constructive and contained. 

38 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I kinda wish the person responded to you, but I have a hunch that now with the order cancelled, you won't get much answer (and someone else will be 'targeted'. 

It could also be some awkward attempt at being charitable because I can’t hide my country of origin. Oh, the mystery.

I'll have to block them in case they just turn around and place another order. Fiverr hasn't banned them yet. 

32 minutes ago, kanishkaseo11 said:

That might be someone you know or one of your competitor. Trying to leave a bad feedback. 

It’s a blank account from France. This week, most of my orders come from France for some reason. Usually, they never do. 

I’ve been on the platform for a long time so I feel like I’d experience the nasty competitor tactics before. I never did. There is a first time for everything, of course. 

• Like 7

Wouldn't a sleazy competitor who wants to leave a bad private review just order the cheapest Basic Gig in an unsuspicious way, though, so you'd never know?

Maybe some kind of pay it forward act, or a YT person looking for reactions would do a "just send a random pic", or a seller starting out and wanting to experience the ordering process from the other side, but doesn't really need anything specific. But, could still be a competitor move, I tend to believe that no matter how improbable, suspicious, or pain stupid it is, it can happen here (elsewhere, too, of course).

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, miiila said:

Wouldn't a sleazy competitor who wants to leave a bad private review just order the cheapest Basic Gig in an unsuspicious way, though, so you'd never know?

Can you leave hidden feedback if the order was cancelled? Especially after it was cancelled by CS because they found it “suspicious”? The user didn’t get banned. 

If you can, there is absolutely nothing you can do to protect yourself from this. I miss the times when hidden feedback was a rumour, a suspicion we all had. Before fiverr staff started confirming it was a factor and a major factor, at that, at every opportunity. 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, mubashirahmed_ said:
4 hours ago, mubashirahmed_ said:

Hi @mubashirahmed_, All 5 of your posts have been reported for spam. Please review the forum rules before posting here. Gig links are only allowed in "My Fiverr Gigs" or "Improve My Gig."

Spamming the forum won't help your business or give you credibility as a global digital marketing expert. We are not your target market.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

When reading this I wondered as others have pointed out if it was some social media personality stunt, however, the manner in which the user went about this is rather suspicious. I was thinking you made the correct choice in getting it cancelled, until I read:

9 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

What a bummer. When you try to get an order cancelled, CS loves to sit you down and preach about customer satisfaction for days. When you want to get a clarification under what circumstances it’d be permissible to receive free money if you’re being offered said free money, they cancel that order lightning fast and mark the ticket as solved. 🙂 

So it is unfortunate the cancellation was not directly at your request.  Have you considered sending them another message on the platform? (I don't even know if you can do that if they are not a seller).

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, atawin said:

When reading this I wondered as others have pointed out if it was some social media personality stunt, however, the manner in which the user went about this is rather suspicious. I was thinking you made the correct choice in getting it cancelled, until I read:

So it is unfortunate the cancellation was not directly at your request.  Have you considered sending them another message on the platform? (I don't even know if you can do that if they are not a seller).

I’ve sent them the following: “While free money sounds very tempting, fiverr has a very strict delivery policy with harsh penalties. What prompted you to approach me specifically in this way?”

Then the order got cancelled, then I waited for a few hours and blocked them just in case they’d like to turn around and place another order. Fiverr hasn’t banned them and I don’t need another cancellation. So whatever that person was trying to achieve is going to remain a mystery. If their intentions were good (albeit poorly executed), I’d get free $60. If they were bad, I’d probably get an account warning. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

Can you leave hidden feedback if the order was cancelled? Especially after it was cancelled by CS because they found it “suspicious”? The user didn’t get banned. 

I believe that there is a cancellation survey that arrives by e-mail. Yet, I do not think that it has the impact of the private surveys.

And I am glad that you got the issue sorted! Consider looking into 'Request to Order', a seller plus feature, if you haven't already.

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

I am an early adopter and haven't looked back.

I have Request to Order on 6 of my gigs and will have them on all 7 of them during the winter holidays. I love how it helps me to control orders and increase communication with potential buyers.

6 hours ago, lenasemenkova said:

Can you leave hidden feedback if the order was cancelled?

Only if you are the buyer and you initiate the cancelation. Cancelations initiated by the seller (or CS) doesn't allow the seller or buyer to leave private feedback. I find this strange.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 11/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, lenasemenkova said:

Can you leave hidden feedback if the order was cancelled?

From what a customer told me, yes. I have only cancelled one order myself as a buyer, and that was one of the seller never delivered situations, with that auto-1*star-feedback from Fiverr in my name, and I don't think I got an option to leave private feedback there, but that makes sense, of course, in that special constellation.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, lenasemenkova said:

Especially after it was cancelled by CS because they found it “suspicious”? The user didn’t get banned. 

That, I don't know. If the user didn't get banned, Fiverr might consider them okay, after all, and then, they'd not really have reason to disregard the negative feedback, "suspicious" isn't "guilty". But if they cancelled it due to that reason, that might contain not sending out the private feedback form. Not sure what if they'd already have left the private feedback, I guess it depends on how the system works, private feedbacks may get cancelled along with the order, or not. 

• Like 9