Buyer Requests - Obsolete

newsmike

I have become convinced that the entire Buyer Requests concept and feature needs to be removed from Fiverr. It is very Fiverr 1.0, and probably contributes to 95% of the issues we face in getting to Fiverr 4.0.  Fiverr cannot be a premiere talent market and the village bazaar at the same time. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 20
  • Up 5

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

I have become convinced that the entire Buyer Requests concept and feature needs to be removed from Fiverr. It is very Fiverr 1.0, and probably contributes to 95% of the issues we face in getting to Fiverr 4.0.  Fiverr cannot be a premiere talent market and the village bazaar at the same time. 

So everyone not getting buyer requests? I'm thinking that it only happened to new sellers😅😄

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

This is something they don't give efforts. Maybe they should reformulate it. The Buyer request show sometimes "adsense", "seo" "development" and others requests not relationed to my category "Graphic & Design > website design". I already said that to them but nothing changed.

The problem is the request page that is not dedicated to each category, is just a page with simple fields to mark that contemplates all categories.

Another example is Voice Over request with languages that you do not work on. If you create a request, you can select category and subcategory, but there's no fields to language, accent, minutes.

image.png.b28eaa8fa03100ff08502ca3fe8f8713.png

Also this field of budget should be removed. All the times we see comments like "I inserted $5 but just ignore this budget". This way the buyers will also stop to define what price they wanna pay for... instead of that they should see only the price offers from sellers and choose the one who fits what they wanna pay.

Edited by mateusbl
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

39 minutes ago, miian_hassan said:

Would you add briefs to the mix for culling? I don't see any meaningful difference between the two.

Briefs are just as bad, need to go.  I have never received one even close to what I offer. 

• Like 12
  • Up 3

Some BRs I saw today...

"Cheap deal to read a 45k book in no later than 20 days... Looking for a full review and to be posted on amazon and good reads...."

"Hi, I have a 30-day transformational prayer and meditation journal for women which has never been published. Let me know if anyone is interested to buy it and I can send three chapters for preview. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks."

"Greetings! I have novels and short stories of different genres and lengths. I need clients interested in buying already written novels and short stories. I will send the first 2-3 chapters for preview. We can discuss pricing. If interested, let me know."

"EBOOKS/NOVEL FOR SALE!!! EBOOKS FOR SALE!!! 1. 50,000 words - GANGSTER THUG NOVEL 2. 40,000 words - TEENAGE ADVENTURE 3. 20,000 words - HERBS AND SPICES EBOOK 4. 10 Scene/Episode script - ACTION MOVIE SCRIPT 5. Erotica I will send 3 chapters for preview. NB: All ebooks have never been published."

I fail to see how these help the platform, or sellers, or anyone at all.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miian_hassan said:

So everyone not getting buyer requests? I'm thinking that it only happened to new sellers😅😄

I'm getting plenty of them but maybe 1 out of 100 that's actually relevant to what I'm selling... Out of those, maybe half of them are willing to pay what I charge. BR is... a mess. 

I don't think I've seen anything other than the predator STILL looking for victims of (won't say what, I think it's obvious), people selling their own stuff, people wanting 100000 words for $10 in the past weeks (I check back from time to time.) It's just... not OK. 

I do think it COULD be fixed but... I'm not sure how.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

Toss "Briefs" out with the Buyer requests.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, catwriter said:

Some BRs I saw today...

"Cheap deal to read a 45k book in no later than 20 days... Looking for a full review and to be posted on amazon and good reads...."

"Hi, I have a 30-day transformational prayer and meditation journal for women which has never been published. Let me know if anyone is interested to buy it and I can send three chapters for preview. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks."

"Greetings! I have novels and short stories of different genres and lengths. I need clients interested in buying already written novels and short stories. I will send the first 2-3 chapters for preview. We can discuss pricing. If interested, let me know."

"EBOOKS/NOVEL FOR SALE!!! EBOOKS FOR SALE!!! 1. 50,000 words - GANGSTER THUG NOVEL 2. 40,000 words - TEENAGE ADVENTURE 3. 20,000 words - HERBS AND SPICES EBOOK 4. 10 Scene/Episode script - ACTION MOVIE SCRIPT 5. Erotica I will send 3 chapters for preview. NB: All ebooks have never been published."

I fail to see how these help the platform, or sellers, or anyone at all.

Just seeing this brought back memories of past BR posts where clients were requesting freelancers that had published x-amount of articles on big name business publication sites to write for them. Fiverr mentioned some years ago that the BR section was going to get an overhaul so it could be more relevant. That never happened and I'm sure clients have already bookmarked their favorite/preferred Fiverr freelancers to work with. I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, katakatica said:

I do think it COULD be fixed but... I'm not sure how.

I still stand by both my comment and list in this thread: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/265801-buyers-request-poll-just-for-fun/

As for Briefs, I'm following Frank's thread and am happy* that they've added to the reporting options.

( * read: irritated that it took that long to implement, but glad that it IS being worked on, unlike BR, which, well, see post in other topic)

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, newsmike said:

Fiverr cannot be a premiere talent market and the village bazaar at the same time.

Well there will always be people that have legitimate requests and can't find buyers. And since Fiverr still has a lot of $5 sellers, you can't have a price limit on these buyer requests either. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Well there will always be people that have legitimate requests and can't find buyers.

Wouldn't they be looking for sellers?

23 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

And since Fiverr still has a lot of $5 sellers, you can't have a price limit on these buyer requests either. 

No, but you could do away with the BR "marketplace"  I think we are beyond where Fiverr should do anything but discourage $5 transactions, and shutting off the pipeline that feeds those would be a move toward Fiverr 4.0

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Sorry @frank_d, I love the graphic, but Fiverr Business seems to be falling towards the same bucket as BRs. They are mostly just buyers that fancy themselves as businesses, and with no barrier to entry I'm not surprised. Additionally, I hate to say it, but I've also seen some very un-credible people on Pro, which is a shame. I've also seen some shady TRS, which again is a shame. Moan over (for now 🙂)

• Like 7

Just now, williambryan392 said:

Sorry @frank_d, I love the graphic, but Fiverr Business seems to be falling towards the same bucket as BRs. They are mostly just buyers that fancy themselves as businesses, and with no barrier to entry I'm not surprised. Additionally, I hate to say it, but I've also seen some very un-credible people on Pro, which is a shame. I've also seen some shady TRS, which again is a shame. Moan over (for now 🙂)

Well my meme still stands, as it is about the implementation of the features and not the products themselves. 

I could offer a rebuttal on Fiverr business, but I think I'll wait for a bit as the FBM is not fully operational just yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Yep, I am looking for a service this morning, and here it is. 

I don't follow, sorry long day!

8 minutes ago, frank_d said:

FBM is not fully operational just yet.

Fair enough, maybe I'm judging too quickly.

I just think for anything like TRS, or PRO or appearance on FBM should maybe (maybe!) include an actual interview with Fiverr, not just an application.

An in person interview would be normal practice in any other place so I kinda feel it should be part of the vetting process here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I don't follow, sorry long day!

Fair enough, maybe I'm judging too quickly.

I just think for anything like TRS, or PRO or appearance on FBM should maybe (maybe!) include an actual interview with Fiverr, not just an application.

An in person interview would be normal practice in any other place so I kinda feel it should be part of the vetting process here.

You need to actually go through an interview to get Pro approval. TRS is manually selected.

As for the FBM. the team leader told me they are really strict with people not complying to the platform's suggestions. So not sure how they were selected, but it's the #1 place on Fiverr where you can literally lose your spot on it if you aren't the right "material".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

you can't have a price limit on these buyer requests either. 

We do have an option to "Show me requests above (Optional)", for BR, though, but it's not working properly, at least not for me, I still see lots of BRs below the amount I set. (Plus, of course, all those Telegram scammer "BR"s, which often have a budget of thousands of dollars, including for totally unqualified work, and seem to make up at least 95% of all BRs for the last few months, with different budget tiers, and different sK4mMer sKilLz levels). 

Forgot what I actually came to say. While BR is certainly helpful for new sellers, or sellers in a tumbleweed phase, and you could find worthwhile things, I'd certainly not miss it in it's current state. As it is, I kind of check because I'm curious to see if Fiverr will find a way to somehow deal with those roly-poly Telegram people.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, newsmike said:

With no barrier to entry, there are 30 TRS to choose from and 15,000 noobs flooding the category with poor quality work. 

Gotcha! I don't actually mind all the new sellers, it's easy to filter, but hey, each to their own.

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, frank_d said:

You need to actually go through an interview to get Pro approval.

This I did not know. Learn something new from you every time @frank_d!

12 minutes ago, frank_d said:

they are really strict with people not complying to the platform's suggestions

I meant for buyers, not sellers. Anyone can be a business buyer.

I like that FBM has a high barrier to entry for sellers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1