Buyer's Request Poll (just for fun)

gina_riley2

Buyer's Request Poll (Just for Fun)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How many orders have you gotten from Buyer's Request?

2. 2. Should Buyer's Request be eliminated?

• Yes, it's full of scammers & spammers
    • Yes, it's worthless & we'll stop seeing useless tips on the forum
    • Yes, I never get reputable sellers to bid
    • No. BR is the only way new sellers can get orders.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2021 at 02:00 PM

Question

24 answers to this question

On 10/6/2021 at 10:14 PM, vickiespencer said:

When I was new I found buyers through Buyer Request. I have one regular buyer still from back then. However, I have only received one or two orders in the last year from Buyer Request. I think part of it is because those buyers are looking for the stars and the moon for a low-cost price and my prices are no longer cheap. 

Maybe it would be better if you put a time on how many orders we may have had from BR? Or is this for all time?

Right

When I started my journey on Fiverr, I can't forget that I kept stalking Buyer's requests every hour and sent requests to as many requests as possible, which was in the scope of my work. But I never had good luck getting orders from there. However, I got some orders, but only a few, maybe two or three. Now, honestly, I don't have hopes from it and stopped sending requests.

Also, I personally think and observed that 90% of the requests are complete nonsense. I even find people asking for a Garena Free fire, Fortnight, PUBG like AAA games for $5. 😂

I am not sure if that's the case only with me or everyone, but I personally don't find it very helpful and a game-changer for me.

image_2021-11-05_213644.png

Though I never send any Buyer Request still but I think, new sellers get opportunity from Buyer Request. By the way, it's true that there are some scammers and spammers. In fact, I can see some sellers take the order from original buyers and then they posted buyer request to attract new sellers with very low rate difference of original order rate they get.

I started using requests because I haven't had any success browsing sellers. The site is so slow that clicking each seller and finding out that they're not suitable takes forever.

However, recently it seems to be getting very bad. I've posted a request for an illustration, and got a whole bunch of offers for proofresding, typesetting, and copywriting gigs. It's also frustrating because I have to guess a price. If I put in the maximum I'm willing to pay, the amount of the offers will all be the same. Even if it's ten times the seller's usual price according to their gig.

I think that requests are very useful from the buyer's side; but would be a lot more so if I wasn't getting fifty garbage offers that are completely unrelated to the service I was looking for.

Totally agree with all of Imagination7413's comments.

48 minutes ago, natalie_online3 said:

As of late I decided to open BRs for its hell, really saw a sensible solicitation. Made a proposition and presently customer has been a recurrent purchaser! I can't remember a terrible memory with my experience on anything I've made a proposal on and any offers that were acknowledged. I casted a ballot at least 5 as I discovered business there almost immediately like my first year I think, I truly utilized BRs a ton. 😄 

I concur it needs an update however, presumably just 20% of the spending plan that is by and large "reasonable" and not "sweatshop-like"... 20% is being generous.............. 😬

I can't believe you stole someone's forum post! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️💔💔💔

2 minutes ago, natalie_online3 said:

As of late I decided to open BRs for its hell, really saw a sensible solicitation. Made a proposition and presently customer has been a recurrent purchaser! I can't remember a terrible memory with my experience on anything I've made a proposal on and any offers that were acknowledged. I casted a ballot at least 5 as I discovered business there almost immediately like my first year I think, I truly utilized BRs a ton. 😄 

I concur it needs an update however, presumably just 20% of the spending plan that is by and large "reasonable" and not "sweatshop-like"... 20% is being generous.............. 😬

Did you just try to paraphrase my comment? 👀

I have recently checked my sent offers and to my surprise, one of my clients came to me from buyer requests. I did not know that until I checked 😄 I think something has changed in my BR tab, because now I get a lot less buyer requests, but they all have a lot less bids as well.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:50 PM, fiveroptic1 said:

as there was very little of relevance to my line of work

Today, so far from my BRs:

1.  Female voiceover in generic US accent
2. Tagalog (Philiipino) 
3. Finnish 
4. Female with a Hindi accent

Multi talented as I am, nothing there that I can do! 😄
They do need to make it a bit more targeted!!

As a newbie who's just signed up to the Seller Plus program, the promise of an increase of daily BRs from 10 to 20, was way down the list of benefits that attracted me to sign up. In actual fact, I more or less ignored it as a criteria. My experience of applying for work via BRs has been poor as I haven't received 1 job yet. Having said that, I gave up after 2 weeks of joining, as there was very little of relevance to my line of work. So not particularly impressed with the feature to be honest.  100% of rubbish is 100% of rubbish as you might say  - no matter how big the rubbish heap is! 😃  

Just recently I chose to open BRs for the heck of it, actually saw a reasonable request. Made an offer and now client has been a repeat buyer! I can't recall a bad memory with my experience on anything I've made an offer on and any offers that were accepted. I voted 5 or more as I did find business there early on like my first year I think, I really did use BRs a lot. 😄

I agree it needs an overhaul though, probably only 20% of the budget that is generally "fair" and not "sweatshop-like"... 20% is being generous.............. 😬

The feature needs an overhaul. Fiverr introduced it primarily to help buyers find sellers who could deliver niche services -- services that weren't easy to find on the main site.

Nowadays, though, a number of sellers simply use it to bid on multiple jobs because they can't get any the proper way, and a number of buyers use it just to see how much they can exploit sellers.

Rather than being a place where interesting projects come to life, it's instead a home for the most incompetent and incapable.

I think 'no', but with the caveat of getting a MAJOR overhaul, number one being a 'report' option for both sides (Buyer/Seller). Otherwise, yes, get rid of it. 

My current list of 'fixes' needed: 

1. a [report] option (buyer and seller side), 
2. keep `<br>` formatting (buyer and seller side), 
3. insert both original request, attachments, and original offer in chat messages if buyer contacts seller (buyer and seller side), 
4. auto-expiration of old offers and/or option to set an expiration and/or option to withdraw old offers (buyer and seller side), and auto-prune old offers visible upon reaching level 1 (seller side), 
5. a [shortlist] sorting option, not just [remove offer] (buyer side), 
6. an option to set a hidden price range, that will automatically reject offers outside it (buyer side), 
7. (conditional, if 6) if an offer is auto-rejected by the system, *half* the offer slot is then returned to the Seller (seller side), 
8. fix losing all typed text if accidently click out of window (seller side), 
9. a dynamic-sizing AND/OR better sized text-entry box (seller side), 
10. make 'templates' (like available in mobile messaging) an option (seller side), 
11. option to change gig offered (mobile)(seller side), 
12. desktop visibility for all uploaded files from buyers (seller side), 
13. [confirm] when [remove request] is clicked (seller side), 
14. update/change error message to reflect when a buyer withdraws their request (seller side), 
15. 'milestones' offer option above a certain price point (seller side), 
16. notification for new BRs available WITH an opt-out option (seller side)

I'm sure there's more that can be added, but I've not tried the Buyer side. That part of the list was build based on what I've heard on the forums.

Edit!
17. let buyers chose preferred seller lever for bidding (buyer side), 

I wish it would allow me to put a limitation on it.

All the crazy, worthless bids are from newbies. If it would allow me to choose the type of sellers I want budding, it could clean it way up for us.

If I said I only want level 2, TRS, and Pros bidding, it would eliminate all the canned bids of, "dear sir, I have read your requirement carefully and can do it perfectly. Satisfaction garante. "

It would give the more experienced sellers incentives to check out buyer's request from time to time.

There should be some limitations put in place. Right now it's the Wild West. 90% of the buyer requests are absolute garbage. And it doesn't even matter if the budget is $5 or $500, you know you will see 100 applicants on every single request. No serious buyer would ever want to use that system. What's left? Crazies and exploiters.

When I was new I found buyers through Buyer Request. I have one regular buyer still from back then. However, I have only received one or two orders in the last year from Buyer Request. I think part of it is because those buyers are looking for the stars and the moon for a low-cost price and my prices are no longer cheap. 

Maybe it would be better if you put a time on how many orders we may have had from BR? Or is this for all time?

Archived