<3

rachelbostwick

Sorry for disappearing on you guys. I lost my husband a few days ago after a long battle in the hospital. I've been working a little bit during this time but a lot of my communication and delivery times have suffered - technically my analytics are fine and everyone has been really patient (obviously, because most of them are human) but it will be interesting to see how I rebuild my brand and get caught up here moving forward. I was at the hospital for 10+ hours a day for 22 days straight before he passed. Everything in my entire life hurts right now EXCEPT work but I'm also very tired, physically, emotionally, mentally. Wish me luck, fam.

5 minutes ago, ahmwritingco said:

My deepest condolences to you and your family. 😔

Do you have any time off planned to grieve and rest?

Not really. I need money and work was the only thing my husband and I didn't do together so working doesn't hurt. I have been working a lot slower, though.

We all have battles to fight. And it’s often in those battles that we are most alive: it’s on the frontlines of our lives that we earn wisdom, create joy, forge friendships, discover happiness, find love, and do purposeful work. You must bear losses like a soldier,  bravely and without complaint, and just when the day seems lost, grab your shield for another stand, another thrust forward. That is the juncture that separates heroes from the merely strong. Strong people alone know how to organize their suffering so as to bear only the most necessary pain. 
Keep your head up.

Sending unconditional blessings to you!

30 minutes ago, thetruth_ said:

We all have battles to fight. And it’s often in those battles that we are most alive: it’s on the frontlines of our lives that we earn wisdom, create joy, forge friendships, discover happiness, find love, and do purposeful work. You must bear losses like a soldier,  bravely and without complaint, and just when the day seems lost, grab your shield for another stand, another thrust forward. That is the juncture that separates heroes from the merely strong. Strong people alone know how to organize their suffering so as to bear only the most necessary pain. 
Keep your head up.

Sending unconditional blessings to you!

I'd be bringing her food and giving her hugs at this stage, personally. She's grieving, not trying to become a hero.

5 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I'd be bringing her food and giving her hugs at this stage, personally. She's grieving, not trying to become a hero.

Honestly it depends on the time of day. Sometimes the food bringers are all maudlin telling you everything happens for a reason. Thinking of grief like a bullsh*t battle you have to fight through knuckles bleeding can be more useful. But it literally depends on the time of day.

8 minutes ago, rachelbostwick said:

Honestly it depends on the time of day. Sometimes the food bringers are all maudlin telling you everything happens for a reason. Thinking of grief like a bullsh*t battle you have to fight through knuckles bleeding can be more useful. But it literally depends on the time of day.

I guess it's normal for people to think that they have to provide words of wisdom. I'd bring a puppy, too.

I'm so sorry to know about this, Rachel. 💔 There's nothing I can say that would make you feel better. 😔

It's sad, very sad, but you need to be strong not only for yourself but for your children. As others have advised, you need to rest and take time to take care of yourself. You have children to look after. ❤️

🤗😘💞

I'm really sorry for your loss.

I cannot even begin to imagine how much pain you are going through. Please, take time off for yourself, take care of yourself as much as you can, there's no other person more important than you right now. I hope you can find solice and peace in this difficult time. I'm sending you a big warm hug from Lithuania 🤗

Every single day that you manage to stand up and push through the pain is an undeniable victory, and even the days when the pain feels overwhelming slowly mark your progress to recovery. It will get better ❤️

12 hours ago, mandyzines said:

I'd bring a puppy, too.

...and I'll bring some cats, they can be very cuddly and comforting as well. They help a lot.

Rachel I am so sorry for your loss, there isn't much I can say except please take care of yourself. If you feel like dropping by the forum,
like @vickiespencer said your forum family/buddies are here. If keeping yourself busy helps you I hope you get a lot of orders but
please be sure to get plenty of rest. 

Archived