Introducing Seller Plus

mjensen415

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/17/2021 at 12:49 PM, vibronx said:

Paying to get priority access to Fiverr’s Choice and Rising Talent? Great. Just great.

Fiverr would not promote anyone who doesn’t meet the high standards just because they are paying a monthly coach. I think what they mean is that because you are developing your gigs with the advice from a Fiverr coach, hopefully you will be elevating the quality of your gigs, therefore the idea that you would be promoted more just works out as a natural evolution and consequence of your hard work.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, imagination7413 said:

So this is what that survey was all about.

(There was a pg7. A standard “Any other comments?” option. I think I put something along the lines of ‘please fix the broken stuff before introducing new’ in it.)

Thank you for sharing this.

Success Coach Survey

Thank you @imagination7413

Fiverr would not promote anyone who doesn’t meet the high standards just because they are paying a monthly coach. I think what they mean is that because you are developing your gigs with the advice from a Fiverr coach, hopefully you will be elevating the quality of your gigs, therefore the idea that you would be promoted more just works out as a natural evolution and consequence of your hard work.

True, but what happens if they have to choose between two equally good sellers - one who paid for the program and one who didn’t? Who are they going to choose? I think that is where the priority access comes in.

Is it gonna extend to TRS picks too? I would not be surprised if it did on some level. Who are they gonna choose between two equally good TRS nominations if one paid for the program and one didn’t?

Hmmm.

It certainly does feel as though the focus has shifted these past 6 months to squeezing as much money as possible out of sellers. Which is a shame.

I’ve nothing against programmes that are GENUINELY designed to help Sellers grow their business, quite the opposite. I reckon we could double our Fiverr workload before we started to become overstretched, and that would be phenomenal for us financially. I’ve no issue with paying to gain exposure and actually grow our business. You have to spend money to make money.

My issue is that recent programmes like Promoted Gigs have been (in our experience at least) awful. I tried promoting our British Male Voice Over gig. Almost $1 a click, with no option to choose who you were advertising to, so half of the enquiries we got were from people wanting an American accent. And whilst it might be a coincidence, since Promoted Gigs was introduced, organic traffic to the gig has tanked.

If invited, we’ll probably give this a go - what have we got to lose? I just wish Fiverr would prioritise working on fixes and features that Sellers ACTUALLY want, rather than focusing on what are clearly revenue generation streams, disguised as features.

I’m interested. Very curious about the overall experience and what true benefits it would have for established sellers.

It certainly does feel as though the focus has shifted these past 6 months to squeezing as much money as possible out of sellers. Which is a shame.

I agree. Promoted gigs, this, and the ‘advanced payment’ loan option. They’re all about Fiverr making more money. Of course, a company needs to make money, but the trend is disturbing.

In my opinion, reputation management would go MUCH further to improving Fiverr’s profit margins than charging sellers more money. Still, the outcome of programs like this remains to be seen. I could be completely wrong.

I’m interested. Very curious about the overall experience and what true benefits it would have for established sellers.

I agree. Promoted gigs, this, and the ‘advanced payment’ loan option. They’re all about Fiverr making more money. Of course, a company needs to make money, but the trend is disturbing.

In my opinion, reputation management would go MUCH further to improving Fiverr’s profit margins than charging sellers more money. Still, the outcome of programs like this remains to be seen. I could be completely wrong.

They’re all about Fiverr making more money.

I’m actually very pro Fiverr making money. I’d like to see the platform make as much money as possible. It increases the likelihood of Fiverr being around for a long time, and there’s more money to invest in the platform, marketing etc. We generate a lot of money for Fiverr, and pump a decent amount of that back through Promoted Gigs etc, and so long as I can see a value in doing so, I’m fine with that.

I’m just hoping that the focus in these endeavours remains on providing real, tangible benefits to sellers, and not just finding ways of generating more cash. As others have said, there’s a coaching element here, which could be worth it’s weight in gold, it all depends on what the Success Managers can bring to the table. There’s going to be a lot of pressure on those guys to show their value. $29 a month to get access to a Fiverr-insider who can really pinpoint what’s working and what’s not with our profile? That feature on it’s own would be enough to interest me. If they share some information that brings in one order for us that we wouldn’t otherwise have got, they’ve paid for themselves for the month. Sign me up.

But I do also agree with those who have said that they take issue with the ‘pay to play’ model for things like Fiverr’s Choice, Rising Talent etc. There’s no way around it, other than to say that’s grossly unfair to some users of the platform, especially those to whom $29 is a lot of money. Surely Fiverr’s Choice and Rising Talent should be placed on gigs irrespective of whether they’re a ‘paid member’ or not?

I’m conflicted - but I would sign up, if given the option.

If you can’t beat em…

When you’re busy perfecting every task, it’s hard to give your Gig the attention it deserves.

Today we are launching Seller Plus – a special program that will connect you with a personal Seller Success Manager who will offer expert guidance to boost your business as a seller on Fiverr.

What are the other benefits of Seller Plus?

• Enhance your Gig’s visibility, with expert advice on the right keywords and pricing
  • Increase your chances to qualify for programs that drive trive more traffic to your Gigs
  • Engage in networking events and educational content offered exclusively to members

We are gradually opening up Seller Plus to ensure that all interested sellers have the opportunity and time to engage with their Seller Success Manager. If you’re interested in being invited, leave a message below. Doing so does not constitute a sign up and you’ll still have to go through the process.

Seller Plus is $29 per month, but the first 200 to sign up will receive a 33% monthly discount. You can even pay right from your Fiverr balance.

All information and questions can be found here:

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Seller Plus is $29 per month, but the first 200 to sign up will receive a 33% monthly discount. You can even pay right from your Fiverr balance.

We are gradually opening up Seller Plus

Fair enough… :man_facepalming:

Breaking it down, $29 a month is less than a cup of coffee per day, and >$1 a day is crazy good if it’s used properly. I agree that ‘pay to play’ is not ideal, but if, IF, IF, IF, IF this is a shift in Fiverr to actually create a bit of a barrier to entry (since it’s currently free), then I can see this actually, maybe, possibly improving the site. That makes it not ‘pay to play’ but ‘cost of business’.

Rising Talent? That, I think should be open to anyone. Fiverr’s Choice? Eh… not sure yet. RT is limited to the first few days on the platform, FC can be gotten at any time, so I could see that shifting.

Could this be abused? Yes, but anything can be abused.

I’m sorry if it has been asked already.

Who are these success managers? Are they Fiverr employees or experienced sellers? Have they worked in a freelance setting, ever? How are they connected with Fiverr?

For the complains regarding trust badges, this is from their support page:

Your eligibility to join programs is dependent on the quality criteria for entry into the specific program. Whilst your Success manager cannot automatically include you in every program, they can help you improve your quality criteria so that you can be included in the future.

Your Success Manager cannot promote or demote your level as a Seller directly, however, they will show you the ins and outs of how Fiverr works, assist you in climbing the levels ladder and help you to prevent future level demotions.

Archived