What is success to you?

Kesha

Success means different things to different people. For some, it’s measured by the income they generate while others measure it by the accolades they achieve, the impact they make, or the freedom they maintain. 

How do you define success in your world? Let us know in the comments below! 

• Like 14

Absolutely, success is a deeply personal concept, and its definition varies from person to person. Some people indeed equate success with their financial accomplishments, seeing a high income or wealth accumulation as a marker of achievement. For others, success lies in the recognition and accolades they receive for their work or contributions to society. Everyone defines according to her things and for which he is strugling..

• Like 10

4 hours ago, arafatcoco said:

My success is when I will be getting order every single day on Fiverr.

This is definitely possible! Just stay consistent and professional while providing good quality work and you'll get there. 

• Like 9

I would say being allowed to share highly-relevant academic content along with summarized (and disclosed) GPT 4o summaries for people who don't want to read the entire thing would be a success. I even went the extra mile and added my own thoughts to it. Considering there are some other AI discussions already allowed on this forum, what, exactly, was wrong with mine? It's a new piece of academic research that has significant implications that Fiverr should be considering as it embraces AI's embrace and tries to balance it with the responsibilities of its ESG stance.

I even lightly censored the word that was at the heart of it all. Don't forget that the EU is putting the EU AI Act in motion soon and it is research like this that will probably be guiding the institution's decision-making, so I find it surprising that a company that has a significant presence in the European marketplace would remove this post. Is this not something that users would want to discuss? There are plenty of other discussions on AI on the forum, but not on this specific topic. Was it perhaps too disruptive? My only response to that is that the technology itself is disruptive and being abused - should people with concerns about AI not be allowed to talk on different disruptive aspects of it on this forum? If that's the case, I'd appreciate knowing what is allowed and what is not allowed. I think that's a reasonable request.

Just so this is kinda on topic, I'll join in the conversation: I used to get 5 orders a day or more on Fiverr. I was consistent and professional. Still am (5 stars, 10 success score). What happened next will shock you.... well, not really.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rankinfinite said:

Success for me personally would be becoming one of the top 1% financially, globally, having a beautiful and loving wife and a couple of healthy children.

Love that! Money + people who love you = the dream!

• Like 5

Happiness! 

I have always been a firm believer that happiness is the highest form of success. 

If I can lead a happy life, I'm a successful person. Happiness does include financial stability, having a person in my life that I would truly love, having a home, car, having the means to travel, watch movies, help others in need and much more. 

I have never imagined being a millionaire and to be honest, I would never want to become one as excessive wealth brings extra issues with it. I'm a happy, and satisfied in my life, I would consider myself to be a successful woman, cheers! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Love that! Money + people who love you = the dream!

Did you know this guy made a video about me and put it on YT? It's still there. I know this because he inboxed me about it. I don't know why. Naturally, I had to respond to him to preserve my inbox rate, but otherwise, I was a bit weirded out. 

I won't say any more, but this is all 100% true. You only need to take a peek at my inbox and find our shared conversation. Or find the video. It's an "analysis" of me. 

I reported it to CS, of course, but nothing came of it. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Did you know this guy made a video about me and put it on YT? It's still there. I know this because he inboxed me about it.

7 minutes ago, emmaki said:

It's an "analysis" of me. 

That sounds seriously creepy.

• Like 4
  • Up 2

16 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Did you know this guy made a video about me and put it on YT? It's still there. I know this because he inboxed me about it. I don't know why. Naturally, I had to respond to him to preserve my inbox rate, but otherwise, I was a bit weirded out. 

What an awful video. this is stalking by any other name. 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

It should be pretty easy to find. It contains my username and "analyzing". and "Fiverr". "And Pro". 

Think of it like a word jigsaw puzzle. 

Fun fact: when this video was made, I was too sick to really care about it, other than report it to Fiverr and hope they'd do the right thing, considering what their various standards have to say about this. In and out of hospital sick. I really accredit my 5.0 profile and 10 success score to deftly handling situations like this politely with a smile on my face, even when I'm worried about the grim reaper taking me. 

Not that it's helped. But it is a success story that I got better, despite everything. I think this is a powerful success story that deserves recognition: a seller who was severely ill for the past 2 years manages to pull through and retain their super top metrics. The only thing really missing in the income, but we can gloss over that. It's not like I would have been a millionaire anyway, and our only true worth is how many dollarydoos.

Sorry, that was a bit of a flight of fancy. But we should try to keep this on topic 🙂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Oh, really. 

The only video on that channel. The channel has a rather trustworthy name. 600Boobs.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I can't see whatever is hidden in your post. Boo hiding.

EDIT2: It's so fun that parts of your post get auto-hidden while the forum fills with literal spam.

Edited by catwriter
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, you pretty much found it. I mean the others are either my awful videos or random other people who share my name. 

PS I see what you mean about the spam having just glanced at the front page of the forum 😬

Still, makes a change from the usual stuff. 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

I think that's a question for him to answer, not me. 

Sadly, the post where I mentioned what I thought was a success about this remains hidden and I am unsure which part of my success is bad, so I must remain quiet. 😿

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Success, to me, lies at the intersection of personal fulfillment and professional achievement. As a hearty human, it means fostering meaningful relationships, maintaining a balanced lifestyle, and pursuing passions with vigor. As a digital marketer, success is about driving impactful results through innovative strategies, continuous learning, and creating value for clients and audiences. Ultimately, it's the harmony between making a positive difference and achieving growth, both personally and professionally.

• Like 4

On 5/23/2024 at 2:45 PM, Kesha said:

Success means different things to different people. For some, it’s measured by the income they generate while others measure it by the accolades they achieve, the impact they make, or the freedom they maintain. 

How do you define success in your world? Let us know in the comments below! 

It all comes back to family for me. Being able to provide for them, but more importantly being able to be present with them. I could work my tail off and constantly be growing my income with no ceiling in sight and it would feel nice to have a significant surplus of resources, but if I'm not there to actually enjoy the family I'm providing for and live this one life together I would see that as a failure.

Instead I set myself a specific income goal a few years ago and a target of working 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm grateful to have met and exceeded the income goal, and I'm currently down to an average of about 5 hours a day 5 days a week. Every step I make toward that goal feels like a big win to me.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Success, to me, is multifaceted and deeply personal. It encompasses several key elements: 

For example, I work in Fiverr I don't want to work outside. Everything is going well but I am not getting work for some reason. If you give up because of not getting work, you will not. I need to research a lot about how I can get back to my previous state or do better. A success is when I overcome various obstacles and go back to the previous state or do something better

• Like 3