Introducing Seller Plus

mjensen415

Hmm, I’m curious - would love to give it a try just for the heck of it (because why not?) 30 bucks where I come from is quite a bit of cash, but I’m intrigued to see where it might take you on the site.

Maybe they could do a cheaper version of it (maybe around $10-$15 a month) where sellers could get some of the benefits of it but not all of them/not as high priority. eg. you could get benefits that could be more automated (eg. maybe the keywords/pricing recommendations could be more automated). Maybe with the lower priced version of it you’d get less interactions with the success manager or they’d reply after all their replies to those who bought the full seller plus version. Maybe the lower priced version wouldn’t be about priority access for things like Fiverr’s choice.

Probably a lot more people would want to join if there was also a cheaper version of it.

• Like 69

Maybe they could do a cheaper version of it (maybe around $10-$15 a month) where sellers could get some of the benefits of it but not all of them/not as high priority. eg. you could get benefits that could be more automated (eg. maybe the keywords/pricing recommendations could be more automated). Maybe with the lower priced version of it you’d get less interactions with the success manager or they’d reply after all their replies to those who bought the full seller plus version. Maybe the lower priced version wouldn’t be about priority access for things like Fiverr’s choice.

Probably a lot more people would want to join if there was also a cheaper version of it.

Yeah, I do feel like they’d get more people signing up that way - although having ‘two tiers’ might not be what they want (since I’d assume they want seller plus to ‘stand out’ two start with, so it’d just complicate things.) That being said I do think that just because of the price, many people will already turn their heads away (I’m used to dishing out US/UK prices for my stuff but I know that many people coming from other countries are not - and I don’t blame them! Even with US standars it’s steep - but I guess it depends on how much it’ll help.

• Like 61

I felt a sense of accomplishment when I received the Fiverr’s choice badge and I am grateful to Fiverr for providing the platform to get my free-lance idea off the ground and into action so quickly - and because of that I have been a part of some wonderful projects and spoken to people all across the globe. It’s been a slow burn to get to where I am but this proposed ability to simply pay for this badge has put a bit of a dampener on the successes of those who have worked their way up. I dislike the fact that Fiverr wants to cater to people who think you don’t have to put in time and effort to make your way to the top.

I think rather than this - Fiverr could look at the many issues the site has and simple features it lacks which need to be fixed/added first to improve the seller and buyer experience. Please put your loyal sellers and customers first. I am worried about the knock on effect this may have on those who have worked hard to get to where they are…

*edited because I think my choice of words was wrong originally.

• Like 64

I have another question. The coach assigned to sellers who join the Plus program are stated as being an “expert in your industry,” but what if a seller provides services in multiple very different categories? How would a coach be assigned for such a seller?

Well, got my answer. Sellers select with whom they think is most fitting as a coach.

• Like 58
  • Thanks 1

I felt a sense of accomplishment when I received the Fiverr’s choice badge and I am grateful to Fiverr for providing the platform to get my free-lance idea off the ground and into action so quickly - and because of that I have been a part of some wonderful projects and spoken to people all across the globe. It’s been a slow burn to get to where I am but this proposed ability to simply pay for this badge has put a bit of a dampener on the successes of those who have worked their way up. I dislike the fact that Fiverr wants to cater to people who think you don’t have to put in time and effort to make your way to the top.

I think rather than this - Fiverr could look at the many issues the site has and simple features it lacks which need to be fixed/added first to improve the seller and buyer experience. Please put your loyal sellers and customers first. I am worried about the knock on effect this may have on those who have worked hard to get to where they are…

*edited because I think my choice of words was wrong originally.

simply pay for this badge has put a bit of a dampener on the successes of those who have worked their way up.

You are NOT paying for a Fiverr’s Choice badge or promotion. You are paying a coach who will guide you to best practices and therefore your gig can become worthy of the prestigious badge… you still earn it…NOT Buy IT and this is a clear distinction.

• Like 57

Both Pro and TRS sellers are “eligible for the customer success program”. For some reason, I don’t get one. Actually I should get two, since I’m in both categories.

I ain’t paying for something that I should get by right, not to mention I highly doubt the effectiveness of whatever “coach” they get. I don’t trust them, or that they know anything about the business. They’re not freelancers themselves.

On the other hand, I’ll throw them a bone - this is better than the absolute dumpster fire that is the “subscription model” they introduced recently, so there’s that.

• Like 61

simply pay for this badge has put a bit of a dampener on the successes of those who have worked their way up.

You are NOT paying for a Fiverr’s Choice badge or promotion. You are paying a coach who will guide you to best practices and therefore your gig can become worthy of the prestigious badge… you still earn it…NOT Buy IT and this is a clear distinction.

you still earn it…NOT Buy IT and this is a clear distinction.

Well to be honest, you pay for knowledge to help you get the badge. So you are buying, at least some of it 🙂

• Like 58