In this topic we joke about buyers and sellers

psykkopatte

The One-Worder: The buyer that answers everything with one word answers.

Me: Which of my gigs would you like to order?

Buyer: Yes

Me: When do you need this project to be completed by?

The Just Checking In: The buyer who says that you can have as long as you want to work on your project, because they don’t need it until a month or so. However, almost every other day, they send you messages asking if you’ve finished their project yet. When you say no, they say “Okay, that’s fine! I’m just checking in.”

The Zombie: The buyer who seems to be awake 24-7 and responds to all of your messages right when you send them (but this is actually a good thing?).

that’s an exellent one :rofl:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn’t all that difficult - but, you would have to run different charts to see when changes would occur, which takes time. I told the person it would cost literally thousands of dollars with the financial astrologers I know, and they said, “Thousands is OK”. LOL Mind you, their list of companies they wanted me to look at was about 30 long! You are talking a lot of research. Also, not sure if that type of reading is allowed her on Fiverr anyways - as you are not supposed to sell something where you guarantee an outcome. I can only imagine you look at 30 different companies and get all but ONE right as far as their prognosis, and the buyer here would complain and try to cancel. No thanks. This person can go search the internet for financial/stock market astrologers. They exist and are not hard to find.

I think why some are fearful of the tarot is in some part media, movies or TV shows where invariably, the DEATH card seems to ALWAYS show up in readings. LOL Thing is, it always does mean a literal death in the movie or TV show - not a transition, new beginning or ending to a BAD situation the client may be facing. Heck, the Death card should be welcomed in some instances!

GG

LOL Mind you, their list of companies they wanted me to look at was about 30 long!

⤴️! My jaw literally dropped reading that!

OMG, yes the stigma that buyers have against getting Death in a reading is so upsetting. It’s actually really positive in most cases, and my favorite card, but it gets such a bad rep in TV and movies 💀 !

Sometimes I think that the misconceptions that a buyer has about what’s possible and what to expect is half the battle with Fiverr!

The Busyman: only answers your queries mid-deadline with a long, single answer. Doesn’t show up by the end of the order and has the order autocomplete after three days.

The Torment: that guy who asks for fixes/revisions waaaaay too late.

On a side note, we also totally need a name for buyers who ask minimum budget jobs (5$) to yield in the fastest possible time (24 hours), like 5/24 Buyer, Code 524 or something like that. Not that they have an impact on anybody in the end, but still.

The Busyman: only answers your queries mid-deadline with a long, single answer. Doesn’t show up by the end of the order and has the order autocomplete after three days.

The Torment: that guy who asks for fixes/revisions waaaaay too late.

On a side note, we also totally need a name for buyers who ask minimum budget jobs (5$) to yield in the fastest possible time (24 hours), like 5/24 Buyer, Code 524 or something like that. Not that they have an impact on anybody in the end, but still.

I’ve got one Torment, I delivered an intro made in after effect for a real estate business, then once order has been delivered, buyer has contacted me one month later to change background, so after 1 month I don’t have the after effect project anymore cause order has been delivered and I keep it max 1 week in case before to remove it but he was lucky that he wanted to change background that had 1 color so I could extract it and replace it from the video file…

The One-Worder: The buyer that answers everything with one word answers.

Me: Which of my gigs would you like to order?

Me: When do you need this project to be completed by?

The Just Checking In: The buyer who says that you can have as long as you want to work on your project, because they don’t need it until a month or so. However, almost every other day, they send you messages asking if you’ve finished their project yet. When you say no, they say “Okay, that’s fine! I’m just checking in.”

The Zombie: The buyer who seems to be awake 24-7 and responds to all of your messages right when you send them (but this is actually a good thing?).

I like The Zombie. I am a workaholic, myself.

Fiverr zombie for checking on the BR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Ignorer: the user who always asks questions in the Forum that have already been answered multiple times before

The Freebie: the user who begs you to do more and more and more work for free after the original order is completed

I have a client on Fiverr for almost one month, she keeps asking me to do small tasks free of cost.

I have a client on Fiverr for almost one month, she keeps asking me to do small tasks free of cost.

If she is asking you to work for free - she is not a client, she is a user.

I hope you are not giving in to her request to do small tasks? You realize if you add up all the “small” tasks she asks you to do and you are doing them, how many hours of work you are putting in for no compensation. There is only one asset you can NEVER recover in life - your TIME.

GG

If she is asking you to work for free - she is not a client, she is a user.

I hope you are not giving in to her request to do small tasks? You realize if you add up all the “small” tasks she asks you to do and you are doing them, how many hours of work you are putting in for no compensation. There is only one asset you can NEVER recover in life - your TIME.

GG

She’s not really a business woman, she’s just started and I just help her grow with hope that if she grow, then I’ll grow with her. And I am not really putting ‘hours’ of work, just small tasks like picture captioning, giving her ideas etc…

• 1 month later...

I up this topic to introduce a new specimen of buyer:

the interviewer: The interviewer comes to DM and wants to make sure you understand his needs, his main ambition is to have a private call with you and will absolutly want to talk in video call with you because describing his project would be impossible to write.
But you know it’s forbidden to contact out of fiverr so you try to convince him to write a text, which represent a huge struggle for him.

The Give them an inch and they’ll take an ell:

This species exists in both a seller and a buyer variety.

As a seller: You ordered their gig because there were literally thousands, and you didn’t really know how to choose, so you could just as well grant yourself a little treat and choose a slightly more expensive gig with a really fast turnaround, 'cause why not, let’s see what these fast people deliver.
As a seller yourself, you get somewhat nervous when delivery time creeps closer, and you haven’t heard anything from them, you kind of get nervous for others, when others might not be on time, or it might just be because I’m from the country that also has the word “Fremdschämen” (being vicariously embarrassed).
You’re also a frequent forum reader, so you’re only too well aware that masses of sellers aren’t aware of the option to request a delivery time extension if needed. (You’re also well aware that there are masses of sellers who aren’t aware of anything, including their own self, but that’s another thread.)
So, you’re vicariously worried for them not delivering on time, their delivered on time stat tanking, and so on. You message them to tell them you’re not in a hurry, and if they’d want a time extension, it’s fine. In the following conversation, it becomes obvious that they would indeed not have delivered before the deadline, because there’s some festival, national holiday, something in that vein, going on where they are. Yes, they’d like a time extension, a week would be good. (You’d thought maybe a day or two, as their original delivery time already had been just a day.)

As a buyer: Buyer messages because they forgot “just a small sentence”. Sure, no problem. The next day, they message because they forgot another “few words”. Two days later, …
The Buyer variety comes in two sorts: one does it on purpose (of course, this one won’t stay your customer for long if you can help it), the other is just more or less charmingly disorganized and/or chaotic, and three flavours: one will just happily avail of your kindness and flexibility, one will ask you to “put it on their tab” and wants to make sure you get paid for everything they ask from you, one will tip you for the added work.

The Give them an inch and they’ll take an ell:

This species exists in both a seller and a buyer variety.

As a seller: You ordered their gig because there were literally thousands, and you didn’t really know how to choose, so you could just as well grant yourself a little treat and choose a slightly more expensive gig with a really fast turnaround, 'cause why not, let’s see what these fast people deliver.

As a seller yourself, you get somewhat nervous when delivery time creeps closer, and you haven’t heard anything from them, you kind of get nervous for others, when others might not be on time, or it might just be because I’m from the country that also has the word “Fremdschämen” (being vicariously embarrassed).

You’re also a frequent forum reader, so you’re only too well aware that masses of sellers aren’t aware of the option to request a delivery time extension if needed. (You’re also well aware that there are masses of sellers who aren’t aware of anything, including their own self, but that’s another thread.)

So, you’re vicariously worried for them not delivering on time, their delivered on time stat tanking, and so on. You message them to tell them you’re not in a hurry, and if they’d want a time extension, it’s fine. In the following conversation, it becomes obvious that they would indeed not have delivered before the deadline, because there’s some festival, national holiday, something in that vein, going on where they are. Yes, they’d like a time extension, a week would be good. (You’d thought maybe a day or two, as their original delivery time already had been just a day.)

As a buyer: Buyer messages because they forgot “just a small sentence”. Sure, no problem. The next day, they message because they forgot another “few words”. Two days later, …

The Buyer variety comes in two sorts: one does it on purpose (of course, this one won’t stay your customer for long if you can help it), the other is just more or less charmingly disorganized and/or chaotic, and three flavours: one will just happily avail of your kindness and flexibility, one will ask you to “put it on their tab” and wants to make sure you get paid for everything they ask from you, one will tip you for the added work.

well said? thanks for Your info.

• Lena locked this topic

Archived